News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do you guys want a DodgeCharger.com Meet this year? Kent, WA

Started by triple_green, February 27, 2008, 10:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

triple_green

I have had a couple of people ask about the Kent, WA Charger meet this year. Do you guys still want to have it?

Since they are going to have that huge Mopar show at Pacific Raceways on July 26-27th, I didn't know if we want a D-C.com meet too?

Mark
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

68isgr8

I think that would be fun, I don't own a charger (although I'd love to) but I'd be happy to drive my coronet there.   ;) 

bull

Quote from: triple_green on February 27, 2008, 10:53:08 AM
I have had a couple of people ask about the Kent, WA Charger meet this year. Do you guys still want to have it?

Since they are going to have that huge Mopar show at Pacific Raceways on July 26-27th, I didn't know if we want a D-C.com meet too?

Mark

Would there be a DC.com area at the big show maybe? I kind of enjoy the smaller format and the ease of getting in and out to talk to the guys I know there. God knows how much of a pain the big shows can be, but if the DC.com meet is dying I don't want to be the only one trying to resuscitate it.

Charger_Fan

Does it need to be on that same weekend? What about an August date, or some other date that doesn't conflict with other area shows?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Goldfinger71

How about on the east coast sometime?...Didn't one of our members from a few years back(I think on the old site)put together something :icon_smile_question: :scratchchin:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

bull

Quote from: Goldfinger71 on February 27, 2008, 05:05:17 PM
How about on the east coast sometime?...Didn't one of our members from a few years back(I think on the old site)put together something :icon_smile_question: :scratchchin:

Hopefully you know this already and even if you do or don't it will be mentioned soon enough by someone. The dodgecharger.com meet in Kent is not THE official dodgecharger.com meet for the entire nation. You can have multiple dodgecharger.com meets anywhere you want, as often as you want. This is just our local Charger meet for guys who are members of dodgecharger.com in this region. We call it the DodgeCharger.com Meet because no one else in the nation who's a member of this board has bothered to do the same thing so we've never had to break it down and say "DodgeCharger.com Washington Meet" or "DodgeCharger.com East Canada Meet" or "DodgeCharger.com Kansas Meet" or "DodgeCharger.com New York Every Other Tuesday Meet" etc. If any of you decide to have your own dodgecharger.com meet it will have no bearing on whether or not we have ours. Ok?

Troy

Jeesh, calm down there Bull. I don't think anyone was recommending the demise of the "DodgeCharger.com Rain Forest Meet". ;)

I tried to work something out with Chrysler Classic Events to piggyback a meet with the Cincinnati show but then they canceled it. There seemed to be a lot of interest in having one in this area. I'm not much into setting up a meet on the coast because it's too far away for me logistically but if someone else wanted to grab the reins (like triple_green does) then I have no problems with it.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

miller

you know where a great place for a meet would be...

Northern Michigan

Beautiful country side, large amount of lodging, great dinning and of course... I'm located here, so it would save me gas :nana:

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

A383Wing

Mark....count us in, we can bring all 3 cars if I can find someone to drive the crappy pointy nosed purple wing car....

I'm also getting rid of a lot of my diecast cars...I can bring a bunch to the raffle.....

Bryan  (let us know)

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bull

Quote from: Troy on February 27, 2008, 11:53:12 PM
Jeesh, calm down there Bull. I don't think anyone was recommending the demise of the "DodgeCharger.com Rain Forest Meet". ;)

I tried to work something out with Chrysler Classic Events to piggyback a meet with the Cincinnati show but then they canceled it. There seemed to be a lot of interest in having one in this area. I'm not much into setting up a meet on the coast because it's too far away for me logistically but if someone else wanted to grab the reins (like triple_green does) then I have no problems with it.

Troy

Oh, come on Troy. Like you never get annoyed at seeing the same BS here day after day. :lol: And rainforest my keester! What was it, sunny and 98 when you were up here last?

I do get a little tired of hearing the same gripe year after year about this dc.com meet though. We don't have any exclusive rights here people! It's just a car show! Troy gets no kickbacks from it and if he did it wouldn't be enough to buy a cheesburger.

Troy

Quote from: bull on February 28, 2008, 02:22:35 AM
Quote from: Troy on February 27, 2008, 11:53:12 PM

Troy

Oh, come on Troy. Like you never get annoyed at seeing the same BS here day after day. :lol: And rainforest my keester! What was it, sunny and 98 when you were up here last?

I do get a little tired of hearing the same gripe year after year about this dc.com meet though. We don't have any exclusive rights here people! It's just a car show! Troy gets no kickbacks from it and if he did it wouldn't be enough to buy a cheesburger.
Yeah, yeah, the one time I actually get to go and you guys had the worst heat wave in what, 100 years? It was over 90 degrees when my plane landed around 10 PM. The sunshine was apparently such a strange phenomenon that it scared the locals and the meet had the worst attendance ever. ;)

I like to believe it wasn't my fault.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

TK73

I'd be there!!  Skipped 2 years but I'm back on track now   :icon_smile_big:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

triple_green

Thanks Troy and Curtis,

I will look at our calendar(and the church's) and see of there are any free dates. I enjoy doing this, but we have some other "big"commitments" this summer so I wanted to make sure there was some interest at least. It is our summer swim club's turn to host the "all city" championships in August and that will consume the first couple weeks of August.

Mark

89MOPAR

Yes, 
  No charger anymore but i will bring Grandma chargers' descendent. :yesnod:
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

Goldfinger71

Bull,
What is your problem?,I just asked a question,and it involved no smart remarks towards you or any other  member here! :flame:

I hate to see fellow board members assume stuff.....Plus I have NO IDEA what you are talking about in regards to people gripping and complaining about your show!
Now splain' to me how you can get fired up off the question I asked?

Why don't you go tighten a headbolt or something.... :yesnod:
It's NOT that serious! ::)                                                   LIGHTEN UP! :cheers:

1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

bull

Quote from: Goldfinger71 on February 28, 2008, 10:24:21 AM
Bull,
What is your problem?,I just asked a question,and it involved no smart remarks towards you or any other  member here! :flame:

I hate to see fellow board members assume stuff.....Plus I have NO IDEA what you are talking about in regards to people gripping and complaining about your show!
Now splain' to me how you can get fired up off the question I asked?

Why don't you go tighten a headbolt or something.... :yesnod:
It's NOT that serious! ::)                                                   LIGHTEN UP! :cheers:

I'm not sure how you guys are able to decipher all this supposed anger from just reading words. :shruggy: :lol: No offense, you're just the latest in a long line of people who have said the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over since we started doing this meet.

Goldfinger71

Ok Bull,
It's all good!Thought you were calling me a BS'er...I feel better now! :icon_smile_cool: We can be friends again! :cheers:

bull

Quote from: Goldfinger71 on February 28, 2008, 10:36:01 AM
Ok Bull,
It's all good!Thought you were calling me a BS'er...I feel better now! :icon_smile_cool: We can be friends again! :cheers:

We never weren't friends, at least in my opinion. :2thumbs:

Goldfinger71

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Tilar

Just curious...

What all is involved in having a meet? I'm not neccesarily talking about just a few friends getting together for a few beers, I'm talking about maybe having a regular swap meet where you can bring your extra parts and setup a booth or maybe bring a car or two and try to sell them? I used to go to Pate years ago and also went to a few in Ft. Smith Arkansas.

There never seems to be a good show or swap meet in Ohio, and since it seems like I'm spending most of my time here lately, I'd like to see one.

Hell, I'd consider doing a lot of the leg work setting one up if I knew what all I needed to do.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

1970 Charger 500

I've missed the last couple years because of the location.  I'm sure NO ONE missed me.
I think it should be in a place where the public can view it easier.  I'll be the first one to admit it, I am an attention whore when it comes to my car!
For me, it's kind of boring seeing one beautifully restored Charger after another after another, and if most of them are restored to stock, you've seen one you've seen them all.  It is nice, however, to see people from this site and to say hi, I'm (insert site name here) and to put a face to the site name but at the same time, it's very cool to have other people who aren't in the show stop by and drool over (and on) all our cars.
This is just one man's opinion!
If the show stays in the same place, I'm sure no one will realize I'm not there!

triple_green

Tony, you don't like my church............... :o

I tried to move the show to the new Kent Station last year and the people who I had to get permission from were the biggest "pain-in-the-a$$" bureaucrats, I had ever dealt with. They took weeks to return my calls and then in the end they turned me over to a "city official" who said they would tow our cars if we showed up.......I'm not going thru that again....

3x
Mark