News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Look for me....

Started by dkn1997, February 20, 2008, 08:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

...In Long Island Newsday possibly on sunday.  A wealthy customer of the company I work for gave me $500.00 worth of gift certificates to a very nice restaurant in brookville and I am going on Saturday.  I am taking the wife,her sister and husband.  It's really snooty and expensive and I will almost be sure to blow the whole 5 hundo. 

I am not very high brow, so getting tossed out is not totally off the table.  I'm thinking maybe ripped jeans, work boots, no shave for a few days, and maybe have 7 or 8 cocktails before I show up would be a good plan for someone like me.  This has such possiblilies.  youtube, reality TV, local news.  should be just the ticket for getting my "15 miinutes" of fame.  If anyone has any tips on what will make the night more interesting, feel free to chime in here. 

I am just screwing around, except for the not being high brow and the bill probably exceeding 500 big ones.  I will report back to you guys with details on how the "other half" lives.  sadly, the other half is probably full of the same type of aholes we all get to tolerate every day, so probably no earth shattering discoveries will be made.
RECHRGED

hemihead

Don't bath , belch , rip a few farts , give the waitresses a few pinches , that should do it .  :2thumbs:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

PocketThunder

the first thing i thought of was in the movie blues brothers when Jake Elwood went to eat at that one restaurant.  You could show up with your girlfriend and then have your wife show up also :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 21, 2008, 01:38:53 PM
the first thing i thought of was in the movie blues brothers when Jake Elwood went to eat at that one restaurant.  You could show up with your girlfriend and then have your wife show up also :shruggy:
How much for the woman. ! how much for the little girl !
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Steve P.

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 21, 2008, 01:38:53 PM

Me too........     :rofl:

Bring your dog and order a plate for him..  :smilielol:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

dkn1997

I could do dangerfield from caddy shack  "....and tell the chef that this is low grade dog food!"
RECHRGED

bull

Showing some class at a fancy restaurant will undoubtedly get you a lot more quality sack time with the wife than the embarrassment of seeing your arrest video on youtube. :yesnod: :shruggy:

Actually, I've had good and bad experiences in those "ritzy" places. My wife once got a $50 gift certificate from her employer to go to a so-called nice restaurant in downtown Portland years ago. We got dressed up as best we could and went. Boy, that place was a joke. Lousy service and what food you got was no better than a TV dinner. We ended up getting a bill for $75 so I still had to pay another $25 just to escape and then had to stop by a Burger King on the way home because I was still hungry.

One other place I went was Ruth's Chris and although the food was awesome my wife and I could barely afford to buy one little steak and split it. I walked out of that place hungry too.

The last place I went was on Valentine's Day and I spent $100 on dinner for the two of us but we walked out of there with bursting buttons and a bottle of wine. That was a $100 bill I didn't mind paying.

dkn1997

We are all clear.  4 people for dinner at fancy restuarant: $390.00, tip: $80.00, coatcheck tip: $5.00, valet parking tip: $5.00.  Me with 7 drinks in me scarfing down a filet mignon and a chipwich for desert: priceless.
RECHRGED

andy74

Quote from: dkn1997 on February 24, 2008, 03:35:11 PM
We are all clear.  4 people for dinner at fancy restuarant: $390.00, tip: $80.00, coatcheck tip: $5.00, valet parking tip: $5.00.  Me with 7 drinks in me scarfing down a filet mignon and a chipwich for desert: priceless.
I would have thrown jimmy and the twins on the table at the end of the night,just to see the reaction!

j/k, cool story though

dkn1997

Quote from: andy74 on February 25, 2008, 06:00:43 PM
Quote from: dkn1997 on February 24, 2008, 03:35:11 PM
I would have thrown jimmy and the twins on the table at the end of the night,just to see the reaction!

j/k, cool story though

who says I didn't?
RECHRGED

41husk

I would think a family of 4 could easily blow 100 bill at Red Lobster if you throw in a few drinks, $500 at a real nice place could go real fast.  Depending on the restourant, there more than likely bottles of wine that cost more than that on the wine list.  Enjoy your night out!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up