News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

roll cage pix guys??

Started by ereru7, March 01, 2008, 08:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ereru7

i want to put a cage in my 70 charger and keep the interior. any pix guys?

yeahitsgotahemi!

I'm going that route too. This is one of the coolest cages I've seen. i really like the doors bars. This is from www.uscartool.com
"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

yeahitsgotahemi!

It's not a Charger, but could easily be adapted. Theres more here - http://www.uscartool.com/img/68SSDart/index.html. I think theres a charger with a cage on there too.
"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

firefighter3931

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

joesykora

Are you wanting to have a semi roll cage like the on in the General Lee or a 6 or 8 point like a real save your a$$ roll cage.

ereru7

full halo, do you have to have the bar between the hoop. be nice if the back seat was accessible

Blown70

Quote from: ereru7 on March 07, 2008, 05:15:13 PM
full halo, do you have to have the bar between the hoop. be nice if the back seat was accessible

Well I guess you plan for the car no you do not have to have it but if you do race it certain 1/4 times MPH will require a certain type or construction of cage.  Full Halo, above your head?    I can sho you my 70 but I dont think you will have much access to the backseat.

ereru7

Blown70

ereru7

Blown70

Quote from: ereru7 on March 08, 2008, 04:17:54 AM
sweet deal

Bit of a problem with the camera.  Will do and post tomrrow..  Sorry

Mike DC

You can have an extremely safe & track-legal rollcage, or a very street-comfy rollcage, but it's unfeasible to accomplish both goals without some big compromises.

Some of the biggest benefits of a rollcage come from just bridging the openings across the door holes & across the interior cabin.  But if the cage is to be very liveable & comfortable, then you cannot have all those bars welded permanently into place.  On a several-days-a-week street car, you realisticallly will want to have some removable/swingable bars. 

The racetrack rules are different according to what racing league & what speed the car can go.  But generally, a streetable car that's not TOO fast can run swing-out door bars. 

The harness bar (the horizontal bar that bridges across the inside of the main hoop, just behind the front seatbacks, at approximately the height of the car's outside door handles) will probably need to be permanently welded into place though.  Not great for the backseat access. 

Blown70

:cheers:  You will see A LOT of chassis work has been done here..... :2thumbs:

Blown70

:drool5:

ereru7

dude who puts gm parts on a mopar?????????? :icon_smile_blackeye:.....................is that cage NHRA certified? :scratchchin:

Blown70

Quote from: ereru7 on March 10, 2008, 07:01:07 PM
dude who puts gm parts on a mopar?????????? :icon_smile_blackeye:.....................is that cage NHRA certified? :scratchchin:

The only part that is the alternator...... sorry.   Got talked into it...  It has not been but could be to 8.5sec in 1/4.  I person I know certifies them and told me it could be.

The AC delco box is just holding parts the guy who built the car races cameros......SORRY