News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Complete rearend assy

Started by Belgium R/T -68, February 26, 2008, 02:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

Have anybody tried to assemble rearaxle and leafsprings as one package back on the car after a restoration or is it better to do it part by part?  :scratchchin:
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Ghoste

If I understand correctly, you are asking if it's easier to restore the rearend and attach it the leaf springs and then bolt it all up to the car?  If it is, then my opinion is that is the easier way to do it.

doctorpimp

Quote from: Ghoste on February 26, 2008, 02:19:23 PM
If I understand correctly, you are asking if it's easier to restore the rearend and attach it the leaf springs and then bolt it all up to the car? If it is, then my opinion is that is the easier way to do it.
:yesnod:
I agree.  Bolt on the wheels and roll the whole assembly into place.
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

Belgium R/T -68

Just what I ment, wheels-rearaxle-leafsprings in one kit and bolt it to the chassi.

Back N Black

because i was a one man show, i put mine back in the car one piece at a time.

doctorpimp

Wow, that looks nice Eldon!!!
When is she gong to be on the road?

BTW I did it the same way as you :) one piece at a time - I started with the springs, then axle housing, then brakes... etc
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

Belgium R/T -68

Sounds interesting, I am also alone overhere. Don't dare to ask the wife. :smilielol:

dukeboy_318

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on February 28, 2008, 04:00:17 PM

Sounds interesting, I am also alone overhere. Don't dare to ask the wife. :smilielol:

me niether, i usually get the comment, you bought it, you fix it line, never seems to work on her though?? :cheers:
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

gordo1968charger

Quote from: doctorpimp on February 26, 2008, 03:18:41 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on February 26, 2008, 02:19:23 PM
If I understand correctly, you are asking if it's easier to restore the rearend and attach it the leaf springs and then bolt it all up to the car? If it is, then my opinion is that is the easier way to do it.
:yesnod:
I agree.  Bolt on the wheels and roll the whole assembly into place.
:iagree:
i enlisted my 2 sons help with mine(11 and 13) and we managed no problem.
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

69charger440

It is much easier to do with the leaf springs on!! And it doesnt take that long either, have fun!
1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP