News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dont you hate liars!!!!

Started by lilwendal, February 25, 2008, 10:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plumcrazy

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 27, 2008, 06:22:52 AM
   Why are the heater hoses never connected on most of these cars? 

Because the heater core probably leaks.  ::)

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

69bronzeT5

I just looked at that trunk pic...it looks like they didnt even take it apart to paint it.....look at the back of the tailights... :rotz:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

The70RT

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on February 27, 2008, 08:04:12 PM
I just looked at that trunk pic...it looks like they didnt even take it apart to paint it.....look at the back of the tailights... :rotz:

Plus the jack is wrong in the wrong place....and they painted the filler tube also  :-\
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TUFCAT

I hate to pile onto this critical heap, but those eBay pictures certainly didn't look very good to me either. There were significant detail issues that showed up wrong on this car just from the ebay ad..... anybody could tell from just a few pictures that they should be runnig far, far, away from this car.  However, putting those detailing items aside......the written facts about numbers matching status and mechanical items have been TOTALLY MIS-REPRESENTED and DOWNRIGHT FRAUD.  If ever there was a case for legal action, this would be it (on the written stuff).   :RantExplode: 

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

The70RT

Quote from: TUFCAT on February 28, 2008, 11:37:34 AM
I hate to pile onto this critical heap, but those eBay pictures certainly didn't look very good to me either. There were significant detail issues that showed up wrong on this car just from the ebay ad..... anybody could tell from just a few pictures that they should be runnig far, far, away from this car.  However, putting those detailing items aside......the written facts about numbers matching status and mechanical items have been TOTALLY MIS-REPRESENTED and DOWNRIGHT FRAUD.  If ever there was a case for legal action, this would be it (on the written stuff).   :RantExplode: 

Especially the clean and solid underside.

70-500-SE-EXPORT

You guys havent seen nothing. I was un-familiar with mopars when I bought my charger on ebay. If I showed you the pictures of the $18,000 car I bought under the bondo you would throw up. The car had 80 lbs of bondo. There was a INCH of bondo on the entire rear quaters. It was said to be running. The pictures showed a 383. When I got the car the motor was GONE. The guy also stripped TONS of parts off the car after the auction. There was ONE lugnut holding each wheel on the car. The paint was the only thing new. The seller was a GOOD scammer. He knew how to take pictures of all the right areas from FAR away. The hedliner had a gallon of bondo in it, from when they covered the roof rust holes.. The floors were all fiberglass and pop-rivet patches. Then the underneath, floors and trunk rust holes were coated in truck bead coating. The "driver" quality restoration also included 4 flat tires. They were not the same rims and tires on the car in the auction.. They were from a buick. Ebay would not even respond to my emails about this. Finally after nearly 3 months I got somewhere with ebay, but it went over 90 days and they told me there is nothing they can do after 90 days. Beware of SCUMBAGS who bondo up and paint junkyard wrecks and flip them for profit. They ONLY SELL cars on ebay, because 90% of people on ebay dont inspect the car in person, so they deceive you with pictures of the areas they want to show you.
That purple piece of shit is a dead giveaway its a junker painted up.. The overspray in the trunk lights, tranny dipstick tube is purple, engine rattle can orange, there is hacked metal on the inner wheelhouse, heater hoses by-passed, the rims belong on a caddy.. But for a newbie buyer they dont notice these things. These are the people these scamers target. I was one of them a few years ago.. I just parted my car out and lost $14,000
68 Charger original SS1 paint with matching # 383hp

69bronzeT5

Quote from: The70RT on February 28, 2008, 06:36:51 AM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on February 27, 2008, 08:04:12 PM

Plus the jack is wrong in the wrong place....and they painted the filler tube also  :-\

It looks like they drove it through a car wash but instead of water, purple paint came out :lol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

CB

QuoteI just parted my car out and lost $14,000
:o
Sorry to hear that.

Wonder why Per is not replying ??
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Dave22443

Quote from: CB on February 28, 2008, 04:27:11 PM
QuoteI just parted my car out and lost $14,000
   :o
Sorry to hear that.

CB

He may be doing what is shown in your icon.  I know I would be.  :sick:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

TUFCAT

Quote from: Dave22443 on February 28, 2008, 04:38:09 PM
Quote from: CB on February 28, 2008, 04:27:11 PM

CB

He may be doing what is shown in your icon.  I know I would be.  :sick:

That's FUNNY (.... here's the smilicon for what he's doing!)  :puke:

The70RT

If I lost 14K I would be sick.............of jail food   :2guns:

OldGuy

Red Flag:
"Car is not for sale localy (locally) - car can be inspected anytime".

If someone wanted to buy it locally, the potention buyer could easily inspect it which would reveal all of the lies.  However, if it is only for sale out of the area, most likely no one would be available to inspect it - thus, it would be easier to unload under false pretenses.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

Dave22443

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Belgium R/T -68

First of all guys and Girl, thanks for the sympathi and kind words. After a week looking for the nearest tree and trying to keep the wife not leaving me i would like to fill in a little bit
in this dirty story. As you may know from my website  I am starting a ceremonyservice with Moparcars and since the restoration of my Charger -68 R/T will take longer then expected
since I want it to be Europes finest I needed a Charger, what's a Mopar Limoservice without one? I know all about east cost cars and I usually let Mike inspect the cars I am interested
in but this I found 1 hour before ending and I called the owner who evidently fooled already there. What made me believe him was when I asked why the reserve was so low and
he said that his wife lowered it due that they really needed money. Well, I took in consideration that the car would have some issues with rust or bondo but for me it was a matching
383 Charger -70. When that turned up not to be the case then I really felt screewed and guess how much I hated myself for it. Owner states we are in a conspirecy and that everything
is like he described. He invested 30K in it and it is a numbers matching car. Hell, he even threatend to take me to court for posting this thread on the forum, giving the phonenumber out from his wife and child. I just hope he does since I can't beeing a "foreigner". I will continue to fight via ebay but have little hope that it will bring anything. In the ebay answers in the safetyboard (or something) he continues to claim beeing the perfect ebayer and I am wrong. To be able to recuperate a little bit of value I would like to ask you if you know anybody
having a good 440 engine 1968-70 for sale. With such an engine and a hell of a lot of welding it still can be a good charger. Look at it from the positive side like my father said when I smashed his car 25 years ago: "It's just a piece of metall, I could have lost you". Finally I have bought a lot of parts via ebay and also met a lot of friends wile doing it so it's just to keep
alert I guess. I think we have dishonest people everywere and forums like this is great to help eachother. So if anybody knows about an engine please let me know. // Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

CB

Per, it sounds like you got the cash to cover mistakes/scams like that. Or you are a real optimist  :icon_smile_big:
If I would lose this kinda money I would be  :fireangry: :fireangry: :fireangry:

:Twocents: CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

gordo1968charger

does the car come with a leopard skin overcoat and wide brimmed hat with a feather in it?
i thought it looked ok(apart from the pimp wheels) til i looked at the rear valance below the license plate,full of bodge!
if you never buy a car unseen,you never buy one with fresh paint either,who knows what lurks underneath!

in 6 months time when it breaks down in death valley you d be able to pop one of the rust blisters and get a life saving drink!!

i was contemplating a HLPAG car once over but even then i was going to fly out and see it before buying it.what is the hardship in spending 400£ on a plane ticket?
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: CB on March 08, 2008, 05:42:51 AM
Per, it sounds like you got the cash to cover mistakes/scams like that. Or you are a real optimist  :icon_smile_big:
If I would lose this kinda money I would be  :fireangry: :fireangry: :fireangry:

:Twocents: CB

I don't have moore money then anybody else, I even have to sell my Chally -70 vert to cover. But run around depressive the rest of my life doesn't help either.

CB

that's really sad, selling the vert to cover for the scam of that Charger.  :o
sorry to hear that.
what was the reason you pulled the trigger to place the final bid?
I can't imagine you can't find a solid Charger and get her done the way you like it for less what you have to dig up now.
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

hutch

Well, Euros to dollars is a killer deal right now.  I think you can buy a $30K car right now for about  1/2 that in Euros.

This is where our classic American cars are going to start going over seas because they are such good deals if paied in Euros or Yen.

In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

CB

true, but don't forget the BIG taxes on importing a car.
For a 20K car? add 7K on tax (For my country) :eek2:
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

68charger383

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on March 08, 2008, 05:09:05 AM
I am starting a ceremonyservice with Moparcars and since the restoration of my Charger -68 R/T will take longer then expected since I want it to be Europes finest I needed a Charger, what's a Mopar Limoservice without one?

Look at it from the positive side like my father said when I smashed his car 25 years ago: "It's just a piece of metall, I could have lost you".  // Per

Good attitude, the car is what it is, now its time to make the best of it. If your going to cut it up for a limo anyway, it seems like the right car as opposed to a restored one.

Here's a link which may help with your engine search  http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=Engines
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Belgium R/T -68

Thanks for the link! You are right about the attitude, life has to go on.  :2thumbs:

wetfeetmi

Per, so sorry about this experience with this e-bay purchase.  Just please remember that there are many honest sellers here in the states that go out of our way to make everything go as smoothly as possible for overseas purchasers. Take care, and good luck with the project. Rick      p.s. I had a problem with a sale to Europe on a convertible Mustang a couple of years ago. The shippers lost title and the buyer had to re-apply because I never titled it in my name. It cost the buyer extra, but it was resolved.

Belgium R/T -68

Thanks Rick, like I said I have met a lot of nice people thru ebay and we certainly have our part of rutten apples overhere aswell. Sometimes you have to trust your feeling that it's a
honest guy your dealing with but sometimes you are wrong. Usually Mike checks my cars and advice upon partssellers so I feel kind of lucky anyway having such a possibility as a
European. The problem is when it's 1 hour left of the auction when you find the car it's your call.