News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dont you hate liars!!!!

Started by lilwendal, February 25, 2008, 10:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLG

I completely understand not wanting to get in the middle of this. But i agree with 68charger, give the buyer the low down and let him do all the talking. Like i said, its completely understandable you rather not get involved with it any more then you want to...but i know if i was a buyer and knew that you could have saved me from a ton of headaches and cash, id be pretty pissed that you did not make this known to me.

CB

Lilwendal didn't know about that car 'till the auction closed. So it's up to the buyer to deal with that shmOckhOle.
BTW is that Belgian dude a member here? I wonder if I know him... (Belgium is a small country when it comes to Mopars)
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

70charginglizard

Yep,
The rims should have been a dead giveaway. :rotz:
:pity:
70charginglizard

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: LeeBoy on February 26, 2008, 05:02:47 AM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on February 25, 2008, 11:16:01 PM
If the trunk is rusty, lights don't work. wipers , etc. The car should have never passed PA inspection. 1st call the Pa State Police and turn in the garage for passing it. :Twocents:
It is odd that the car has a Pennsylvania antique plate on it in the picture and an inspection sticker also. I have Pennsylvania antique plates on my car and once they are on the car you no longer need to have it inspected or renew the registration?
Your right about the tags. I was thinking he had classic tags. I wonder if the car was inspected before he got antique tags ? :shruggy:  It still should have been a legal inspection.

Plumcrazy

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on February 26, 2008, 01:02:31 PM
Quote from: LeeBoy on February 26, 2008, 05:02:47 AM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on February 25, 2008, 11:16:01 PM
If the trunk is rusty, lights don't work. wipers , etc. The car should have never passed PA inspection. 1st call the Pa State Police and turn in the garage for passing it. :Twocents:
It is odd that the car has a Pennsylvania antique plate on it in the picture and an inspection sticker also. I have Pennsylvania antique plates on my car and once they are on the car you no longer need to have it inspected or renew the registration?
Your right about the tags. I was thinking he had classic tags. I wonder if the car was inspected before he got antique tags ? :shruggy:  It still should have been a legal inspection.

With a sticker that expires 6-08, that car could have been inspected 4-1-07.   Thats far too long ago to do anything about it, especially with a 38 year old car. :rotz:

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

lilwendal

Ok heres some engine pics.  You tell me ..Fresh rebuild?
And the buyer is a member here.

lilwendal

And the rear quarters. Yes the bondo is an inchor so thick back there.

lilwendal

So heres a question? What do you feel having the original #s matching engine in a car is worth percentage wise?  How much less still if the engine is not even date correct and a smog 400 instead of a 70 383?
I say 15 to 20 percent.
The car being FC7 and 383 is a decent car to have. But with the current engine config. lessens that so much.

lilwendal

Ok. Recieved title today so now the buyer can begin with filing a claim. We did not want to start up anything till we recieved title. I'm interested to see what Ebay will do.

PocketThunder

wow that baby needs 10k in body work.   :Twocents:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

lilwendal

I don't believe the car ever was state inspected after the "restoration" . Checking al the lights before I took it on a test ride and the front turn and marker lights were inop.  Closer look revealed he had just painted straight over them. I'm sure they would have checked the lights at inspection. Also left lens in right hole.

moparstuart

Quote from: lilwendal on February 26, 2008, 03:39:17 PM
that there is what we called a rattle can rebuild as kids fixing and selling cars
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69bronzeT5

Those wheels deserve these smilies! :eek2: :o :2guns: :flush: :puke:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

CB

Quote from: lilwendal on February 26, 2008, 03:39:17 PM

Belgium R/T -68 is screwed  :'(
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

RJS

The buyer sent money for that  sight unseen???  Everything is painted purple from latches to shocks!!!  The wheels are hideous and you can see the interior is shot even in the pictures. Don't get me wrong the buyer was WRONGED but he also didn't have his eyes open!!  At this point he needs a lawyer for the written misrepresentation. :brickwall:

dpm68

QuoteThose Gay wheels are just screaming "I'm a bondo mobile" No self-refecting mopar guy would put those thing on...ewwwwwwwww
:iagree:
Yea, them and the undercoating...also, did anyone see that the tranny dipstick is (overshot) with the body color? And is heat not an option in Pa? Oh the horror!

440charger68

that is some bull S**T, i would drive myself to the guy that sold me it and Kick his ass. :flame:
life's a garden, dig it.

hutch

damn I feel for you guys on this one.  This looks like a 7 day restore job, bondo, paint and undercoat.

I would fight this thing and get your money back. :icon_smile_dissapprove:
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

justin1987

If you look close enough you can see the inner wheelhouse is cut and welded on both sides.

triple_green

I bought a car one time sight unseen....will never so that again....also if that car was really as nice as it looked, it should have gone for way more than $23K

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

hemi-hampton

If you looked close & knew what you were looking at you can see in the Auction Pics this was nothing more then Perfume on a Pig, Typical used car lot methods were obviously used here. I don't think that heap is worth half what he paid. For $23,000 I can fix all the body work. I'd be Pissed off & splitting some wigs & Busting some melons. :brickwall: :RantExplode: :flame: LEON.

suntech

The trunk picture was also on Ebay, and that was the first thing that i though, when i saw it, that it was a patched bondo bucket, with BLING wheels. And with me, bling is not a good thing. Poor guy!
Well, to look at it on the bright side, AMD has all he needs to make the body in good shape, and he benefits from the extage rate, so that helps a little at least.
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

1969chargerrtse

Man O man and I paid 30,000.00 for mine site unseen, had some annoying issues but overall I guess I'm lucky, or very lucky.   Why are the heater hoses never connected on most of these cars?  Mine were off also.  And isn't the " Charger " script to high on the sail panel or roof area?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

six-tee-nine

Man this is sad. I just met Per a few months ago and he's nice guy. Noy only he but nobody deserves this.

When I see this it makes me feel better with the fact that I overpaid my 69 but at least the guy who sold it to me checked it out for me and I exacly knew what was coming my way
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

The70RT

Quote from: justin1987 on February 26, 2008, 09:45:22 PM
If you look close enough you can see the inner wheelhouse is cut and welded on both sides.

I noticed that in the ebay pics. No you don't have to look close to see that shit. That would have defiantly threw me in another direction. I would have been pissed just to have won it and not gave any money. In other words the waste of time would have been bad enough. At least you could have spoke your mind. What a bastard.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us