News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bad news & good new - engineering drawing on my site

Started by Alaskan_TA, February 26, 2008, 11:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaskan_TA

On the 28th of this month, the engineering drawings at this link will be going away;

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/photos-engineeringDrawingsMenu.shtml

One of the Chrysler LLC employees that works in Chrysler Brand Protection has notified me that these drawings are copyrighted and owned by Chrysler LLC. He has asked me to remove them from my site before the 29th of this month, and I have told him that I will comply.

Several people have worked very hard to scan these and make them available for all to see, I was quite happy to provide a venue for that. I mentioned to him that I would hate to see these "go away" forever, so I offered to send him all the scans I have of them if they could be hosted on the Chrysler Heritage website.

His response;

"Thank you for the offer to provide us copies of the prints although it will not be necessary."

This is where the good new comes in! This is another direct quote from him;

"To give you more insight, the reason for my request is that the Chrysler Heritage website is preparing to display these on their site (I don't have timing)."

I of course have asked for more details. I am sincerely hoping that they have other drawings that we did not have on the HH site. Time will tell of course, but I sure hope so!

I have asked him to keep me in the loop and let me know when the engineering drawings on their site go live. I will post an update when one is available.

Barry Washington

Chargerguy74

WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Alaskan_TA

I am hoping that they still have sets of the originals, and for other years / models that just the ones I had.

I had scans of copies, if they have originals, they can take it to a much higher quality level.  :2thumbs:

If so, this will be the nicest thing that Chrylser LLC could possibly do for us.  :cheers:

Barry

Chargerguy74

Sent you a PM while you must have been typing this post. Thanks!
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Just 6T9 CHGR

Damn Barry, I really hope they come through and don't drop the ball on this.  Your site is a great resource we'd hate to loose :(
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemigeno

Barry, that absolutely stinks.  You guys have spent countless hours doing yeoman's work in making this type of information freely available.  I guess this is a classic example of "No good deed goes unpunished."   :flame:

Couple of questions for you though:

Have they objected to any other "Chrysler" materials hosted on your site, and/or do you think they will?

Do you think they would let you host the Engineering Documents until Chrysler Hysterical (pun intended) site gets their version up and running?

Thanks again for all the effort you put in for the benefit of the hobby!!

:cheers:

68isgr8

that is a shame, hopefully something will work out. One other option you can do is have someone draw you up new ones, have them change it slightly so it wouldn't infringe on the copyright. Just an idea.....

xs29j8Bullitt

Thanks for the heads-up Barry... and everything that you do for the hobby.  Also, thanks again for the update on the T/A broadcast sheet, glad it was re-united.

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

Alaskan_TA

Thanks for all the kind comments & support gang!

Chris,
The site itself will always be there, but one shelf of the library will soon have a large empty space.   :'(

Gene,
Nothing else has been mentioned, just the engineering drawings. He was very complimentary of the site also, so I assume he spent a fair amout of time browsing.

As far as keeping them up until theirs went online, he did not offer me any options.

Allen,
Thanks again! That sheet was one of two that I was able to send out to T/A owners in the last week. It is pretty awesome when it happens.  :2thumbs:

Barry

2Gunz

Think you could Zip the files and make available for download?

hemigeno

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on February 27, 2008, 09:28:31 PM
Gene,
Nothing else has been mentioned, just the engineering drawings. He was very complimentary of the site also, so I assume he spent a fair amout of time browsing.

It's great that they are not going to quash anything else.  This type of information is an invaluable resource to the hobby, and I'm relieved the rest of it is still OK.

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on February 27, 2008, 09:28:31 PM
As far as keeping them up until theirs went online, he did not offer me any options.

That scares me a little bit, as I hope they're not going to make it a paid download situation.