News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone done a comparison on crate engines?

Started by Pistolpete, February 25, 2008, 01:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pistolpete

Has anyone done done any homework they'd be willing to share on who has the best pricing etc. on crate engines?

is there a difference from one company to the next on set up etc....?
options?
quality?
Shipping?

Pete
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger-Bodie

If you are talking about 440 crate gines I can tell you that I had a Hughes engines Crate 446 in the Gold Charger I used to have , it was an excellant engine. BUT, you can build a nice stroker for alot less money. :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

Quote from: 1hot68 on February 25, 2008, 01:58:30 PM
If you are talking about 440 crate gines I can tell you that I had a Hughes engines Crate 446 in the Gold Charger I used to have , it was an excellant engine. BUT, you can build a nice stroker for alot less money. :Twocents:
thats what i was going to tell him     440 source build your own way cheaper

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Pistolpete

Sorry Guys, my mistake - I'm thinking the big kahuna - 426 Hemi
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Pistolpete on February 25, 2008, 03:09:37 PM
Sorry Guys, my mistake - I'm thinking the big kahuna - 426 Hemi

As far as Hemis go, Ive heard nothing but good things about FHO (For Hemis Only) up in Canada.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

suntech

I am getting all my parts there (FHO), and Tim is a supernice guy to deal with, and good prices too.
I will build the engine here in Norway, but almost all the parts are coming from FHO. I am building a World Product aluminum hemi, 588cid, and injection. :D
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Pistolpete

Anyone have any contact info on them??

Please and thank you
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

Mike DC

Mopar crate engines are better than Chevys & Phords.     :2thumbs:

suntech

Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Ghoste

It's an old story now, but another comparison could be taken from the Hemi engine shootout that Mopar Muscle magazine ran a few years ago.

Go Hogs Go

Mopar crate Hemi's are crap. I bought one. Their warranty is not worth the paper it's written on. The only way I buy another one is to use it as a boat anchor. I had David Bruns of Washington, Iowa build my last Hemi. He won the Mopar Muscle Engine Challenge last year. He built my engine for the same price as a 472 Mopar crate engine, broke it in on the dyno, and tuned the carb. It's wonderful. No leaks, no smoking, drop it in, fire it up, and hit the road. If you buy a Mopar crate Hemi, you better take it apart and check it over before you install it. It's no fun to have to rip an engine and rebuild it after 1,000 miles like I had to. :mad:
Go Hogs!

Ghoste

Didn't he come close to winning on the Hemi engine challenge as well?

Go Hogs Go

He was in the top 3 if I remember right. He still has that engine for sale last time I talked to him. I think he's asking 18K and it made 667 h.p.
Go Hogs!

daytonalo

I built and sold a 472 , 11-1 , Alum head Hemi for 12 k and sold it for 14k . I can have a 572 Hemi Shortblock built for 6k , balanced and 300 shipping to my door . I can do the rest

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip