News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

accel super coil

Started by l8rg8r, February 26, 2008, 12:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

l8rg8r

I am currently running points on my 68 rr I plan on switching to elec ign soon but i would like to run a super coil for the time being is his a good idea

daytonalo

That is 40 year old Technology. Buy an E-Coil .

Larry

Ghoste

Is that the big square one?  If it is, they were infamous for burning out stock points.

daytonalo

They are very , very small . Points ??????????????? are you for real ???? I will buy you a crane conversion plate , built in adj rev limiter and one , repeat one extra wire . please move out of stone age , you can thank me later .

Larry

Ghoste

I don't mean the e-coil, I meant isn't the Accel Super Coil the big square one.  I'm with you on the rest Larry.

daytonalo

30 years ago I used them with points all the time , you needed to install Bal res . Sorry if I came across as harsh !!!! There are still some Cavemen out there running points !!!!!!

Larry

l8rg8r

hey I agree points lose there apeal as the rpms go up and as I said I plan on installing mopar electronic ignition just as soon as I rake together the funds Thanks for the info

daytonalo

That mopar System is also stone age , much , much better systems out there !! Go digital , like crane HI-6 or MSD and hide the box

l8rg8r

daytonalo

I run The Crane HI- in my race boat , 5500 RPM all day long !!! It is Digital and has adj rev limiter on side