News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lets see how you Roll to shows

Started by 68RT4ME, February 23, 2008, 10:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

694spdRT

Quote from: 69_500 on February 27, 2008, 04:53:39 PM
Ah who cares about the Yellow cuda in the pics, who let that crummy looking R4 red Charger 500 get in so many photo's with Gene's truck?  :nana:

I think that was a pic I took trying to show off my amateur photography skills.  :D
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: 68RT4ME on February 27, 2008, 03:35:12 PM
Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on February 27, 2008, 02:33:25 PM
All these Trailer Queens..... :rotz:
I drive mine to shows. :nana:

I don't consider a car to be a trailer queen just because one is not wanting to drive a classic/collectable car across the country, hundreds if not thousands of miles from home to events around the country. It's nice to travel in comfort and keep your toy safe from whatever hazard you might come across during the trip. Not to mention having to park over night and not being able to sleep because your worrying about someone trying to steal your car or vandalize it. I drive to all shows within my state but I'm not going across country in the car. I want to trailer it and drive it when I get there. The point of the post is to see how others are doing the same thing
:2thumbs:

I know, I am just jealous that I do not have that 71' Charger of your's. I really like that car man. :drool5:
What do I know, just jealous,I have to remember that I have never drove over 4 hours to a Mopar show and if I had to drive far it would be sweeeet to have a Dodge truck to pull my Mopars on. :icon_smile_cool:
Just being sarcastic.
Do not forget to let me know about that 71' if you ever are going to sell it.
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

chargerkid01

Iagree Yes I bought my charger to drive when it is finished but on the same note Ohio roads are not the best therefore Im not driving to columbus from unionport for mopar nats without my charger being trailered sorry guys it ain worth the hasstle ans risk of messing my car up ill driveit to local shows though but I need to finish it first

68RT4ME

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on February 27, 2008, 07:16:21 PM
Quote from: 68RT4ME on February 27, 2008, 03:35:12 PM
Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on February 27, 2008, 02:33:25 PM
All these Trailer Queens..... :rotz:
I drive mine to shows. :nana:

I don't consider a car to be a trailer queen just because one is not wanting to drive a classic/collectable car across the country, hundreds if not thousands of miles from home to events around the country. It's nice to travel in comfort and keep your toy safe from whatever hazard you might come across during the trip. Not to mention having to park over night and not being able to sleep because your worrying about someone trying to steal your car or vandalize it. I drive to all shows within my state but I'm not going across country in the car. I want to trailer it and drive it when I get there. The point of the post is to see how others are doing the same thing
:2thumbs:

I know, I am just jealous that I do not have that 71' Charger of your's. I really like that car man. :drool5:
What do I know, just jealous,I have to remember that I have never drove over 4 hours to a Mopar show and if I had to drive far it would be sweeeet to have a Dodge truck to pull my Mopars on. :icon_smile_cool:
Just being sarcastic.
Do not forget to let me know about that 71' if you ever are going to sell it.

Thank you BMOTOXSTAR. I do appreciate the kind words. I know you didn't mean anything wrong. I was just explaining my reasons for towing rather than driving. Also, if I ever do decide to sell, I will keep you in mind. (I just don't plan to anytime soon  :laugh:)
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

41husk

Well well well, :scratchchin: It is sounding like Troy traded the yellow Cuda, and travis may have one less Charger and one more Cuda :shruggy:  Yep! I am slow, but I do catch up at my own pace. :cheers:  What will you be driving to Monster Mopar this year?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

UFO

This is how I did it in 1989.

hemigeno

Sorry for not chiming back in sooner, as I hadn't checked this thread for the past couple of days so I missed Allen's reply.  Thank you guys for posting all the pics & for the comments about the truck!   :blush2:   It definitely outshines the R/T everywhere I take it, and the only thing I've seen that garnered more attention was the unrestored Daytona - but that was for a whole different reason.  I think even the restored Daytona will still be somewhat overlooked if I hauled it around. 

The new rig and gooseneck are what I'll probably use for any long-distance trips with the Daytona, for a lot of the same reasons 68RT4ME already listed (security, weather/road hazard protection, etc.).  I've usually driven my R/T to any shows within two hours or so, but much longer than that and I'd rather trailer it.  If that bothers some folks, I can always just stay home and terrorize the backroads around here. :Twocents:

UFO - did you tow the pop-up behind the Charger?  Pretty cool way to fly...

UFO

(UFO - did you tow the pop-up behind the Charger? Pretty cool way to fly...)

You bet I towed the camper.I'm sure if I did that now a days I would get some strange looks.

68RT4ME

Quote from: hemigeno on March 01, 2008, 11:27:02 AM
Sorry for not chiming back in sooner, as I hadn't checked this thread for the past couple of days so I missed Allen's reply.  Thank you guys for posting all the pics & for the comments about the truck!   :blush2:   It definitely outshines the R/T everywhere I take it, and the only thing I've seen that garnered more attention was the unrestored Daytona - but that was for a whole different reason.  I think even the restored Daytona will still be somewhat overlooked if I hauled it around. 

The new rig and gooseneck are what I'll probably use for any long-distance trips with the Daytona, for a lot of the same reasons 68RT4ME already listed (security, weather/road hazard protection, etc.).  I've usually driven my R/T to any shows within two hours or so, but much longer than that and I'd rather trailer it.  If that bothers some folks, I can always just stay home and terrorize the backroads around here. :Twocents:

UFO - did you tow the pop-up behind the Charger?  Pretty cool way to fly...

I'm with you Hemigeno. I've driven my car to the "Goodguys" show in Jacksonville, Fl. about 240 miles from my home. That's about the limit for me and even that seemed a bit too much. I won't drive any farther. I was out today looking at some enclosed trailers. I found what I believe to be a great deal on a new one. '24 foot,V-nosed (counts as extra '3 feet so, it's actually '27) escape door, 5500 pound axles, 2200 pound winch, extra lighting, straps included along with anti sway bars, brake kit mounted and wired to the truck. extra tie downs installed. Several other things too. Have to re-read the list. 2008 model all for $5900.00. It's the front runner so far. Gonna search a little more but this looks good and it'll be Silver like my truck or Black which my wife liked..  :scratchchin:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

694spdRT

Dug my way into the shed this week and snapped a couple bad pics of my setup. The truck is a '05 2500 4x4 with a Cummins/6 speed and the trailer is 24'.

When I took the Charger to Jefferson City in 2006 I averaged 14mpg loaded. Empty the truck will get 20-21mpg if you stay around 65mph while running 75mph will drop it to 19.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto

TUFCAT

This is how I rolled to Carlisle in 2006.  The trailer is 1/3 mine (owned by my Dad, brother, and I), and the Expedition was mine at the time. Now I have a Ford Edge that's lucky to pull a 4X10 utility trailer! :eek2:  Speaking of rolling ....back in 2006 the Coronet was rolling on a set of redlines. 

DC_1

I don't usually have the Ford van's with me when I go to shows ;D ......just kiddin!

Actually, I just picked up the truck 2 months ago. I had the trailer but my Durango just wasn't up to the task. It could pull it but was well over max towing capacity.

I am hoping to bring the Charger and maybe a buddies Challenger to a couple shows this summer. The trailer will hold 3 cars and tows like a dream.

Fox466

Here's my tow rig. '03 Cummins with a manual six speed, the Banks Six Gun system, exhaust and intake. I'm getting 19.6 unloaded at around 65-70 and 17 loaded...

That 2 ton toy hauler package is nice! Looks like lots of you guys have some nice toys over here.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 694spdRT on March 02, 2008, 12:08:55 AM
Dug my way into the shed this week and...
For that to qualify as a shed, does that mean it's smaller than the garage?   :icon_smile_tongue:

Quote from: Fox466 on March 08, 2008, 01:44:35 PM
Looks like lots of you guys have some nice toys over here.
Sorta makes you want one yourself, eh? ;)  Nice looking truck. :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

694spdRT

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on March 08, 2008, 01:56:06 PM
Quote from: 694spdRT on March 02, 2008, 12:08:55 AM
Dug my way into the shed this week and...
For that to qualify as a shed, does that mean it's smaller than the garage?   :icon_smile_tongue:

I guess you could technically say pole building. I think that one is 30' x 80' and much smaller than some of the other buildings.  :D

One of the advantages to living in rural America.....space.  :yesnod:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto

68RT4ME

Quote from: Fox466 on March 08, 2008, 01:44:35 PM
Here's my tow rig. '03 Cummins with a manual six speed, the Banks Six Gun system, exhaust and intake. I'm getting 19.6 unloaded at around 65-70 and 17 loaded...

That 2 ton toy hauler package is nice! Looks like lots of you guys have some nice toys over here.

Very nice RIG. I feel in good company in this post. BTW, do you own some MOPAR MUSCLE? If so, Pics of it please.

Daytona R/T SE

I found what I believe to be a great deal on a new one. '24 foot,V-nosed (counts as extra '3 feet so, it's actually '27) escape door, 5500 pound axles, 2200 pound winch, extra lighting, straps included along with anti sway bars, brake kit mounted and wired to the truck. extra tie downs installed. Several other things too. Have to re-read the list. 2008 model all for $5900.00. It's the front runner so far. Gonna search a little more but this looks good and it'll be Silver like my truck or Black which my wife liked..  :scratchchin:

Can you post some more info on this trailer deal? Brand, Model, Etc?   I've got the truck, Need the trailer.

69charger2002

got my backup rig/hauler finished finally. it was the flood truck i got not 2 months ago(flooded in katrina in 05 in mississippi). it has 5600 miles, it's a hemi not a diesel, but it's like new and a 05. total tally-$5700
second pic is the pic of all the tow rigs
trav

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

TUFCAT

Sweet truck deal....almost as sweet as the lie hubby told to wifey!!  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

CSnyder

When I get a car someday it will be towed with one of these boys....
Ram Boyz Trux & Toyz
563-546-7772

kamkuda

I usually try to drive to shows. For Carlisle, my buddy dragged it most of the way. 
I was seriously impressed with the Dodge Diesel truck,, Much quieter than I expected and a very smooth drive.

chargerkid01

where did you get the bumper grill guard combo for you rams??

CSnyder

They are Ranchhand bumpers made in Texas. The one on the red truck is modified from a Durasmack.
Ram Boyz Trux & Toyz
563-546-7772

68RT4ME

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on March 14, 2008, 10:33:46 PM

I found what I believe to be a great deal on a new one. '24 foot,V-nosed (counts as extra '3 feet so, it's actually '27) escape door, 5500 pound axles, 2200 pound winch, extra lighting, straps included along with anti sway bars, brake kit mounted and wired to the truck. extra tie downs installed. Several other things too. Have to re-read the list. 2008 model all for $5900.00. It's the front runner so far. Gonna search a little more but this looks good and it'll be Silver like my truck or Black which my wife liked..  :scratchchin:

Sorry for the late reply. I was away from to puter for the last week. I will get the info for you and post it or PM you. Hopefully, by tomorrow...

Can you post some more info on this trailer deal? Brand, Model, Etc?   I've got the truck, Need the trailer.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 68RT4ME on March 17, 2008, 12:21:49 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on March 14, 2008, 10:33:46 PM

Sorry for the late reply. I was away from to puter for the last week. I will get the info for you and post it or PM you. Hopefully, by tomorrow...

:popcrn: