News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lets see how you Roll to shows

Started by 68RT4ME, February 23, 2008, 10:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

TeeWJay426

Here's my rig.... 2003 Hemi Ram 2500.

74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

41husk

I need to get me a trailor, I am going to Carlisle this year but I may not brieng a car if I don't find a trailor.  I am just not real sure about driving one of the cars that far?  I have decided it is either the 68 or the Challenger if I take a car.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on April 03, 2009, 10:38:52 AM
I need to get me a trailor, I am going to Carlisle this year but I may not brieng a car if I don't find a trailor.  I am just not real sure about driving one of the cars that far?  I have decided it is either the 68 or the Challenger if I take a car.
I need a trailer also , bought me a truck yesterday cheap to build ( bad trans in it)  for my tow vehicle just need to find as good a deal on a trailer now . 

MOPARHOUND!

Would rather have a Dodge, but worked a deal for $12,000 off sticker.  Diesel would have been a nearly $6,000 option, so it has a gas guzzling 8100cc (496 cid) engine, and the Allison 5 speed auto (same engine/trans used in some motor home chassis at the time).  2003 Chevrolet 2500HD with 4 wheel drive, HD supposed to mean 3/4 ton truck with some 1 ton parts.  Have only hauled with it once to a show, drive the cars.  Have a lot of projects & parts cars I've hauled with it.

1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

xs29j8Bullitt

For over 25 years I always drove, even to out-of-state shows... now for over 200 mile trips I am likely to trailer...

Old age, air conditioning, cruise control, less road film cleanup, etc...  :icon_smile_big:

XS
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

69bronzeT5

I'll be rolling in this :D However...it'll look nicer before summer :lol:

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mopar_nut_440_6

The wife's truck but only need one in the family so it has to go.

For Sale 15,000 Canadian

2003 Full Load , Hemi
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Bobs69

Some real nice truck and trailer combos.  Again I gotta ask what are you guys doctors or what?!

bk72

i drive them everywhere and i really hate when people do not drive their cars. i know people who only put 2-3 miles on there car a year. DRIVE THEM!!!!!!!

and my aspen is being painted next week so i will be driving that very soon.

472 R/T SE

Well mine have to be broke or stolen to be on a trailer.  I'd love to be able to put my Challenger on a trailer for long distances but I'm over that now that I drove home from Seattle in the pouring rain last summer.

We did go up to B.C. in '04 with a trailer to pick up my Bee.  Tow rig is the wife's '03 Hemi Sport Ram.  I put the 20" wheels on it for something shiny to break up all the road grime gray.

69bronzeT5

Mike, can you share some more pictures of your Bee please :)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TheGhost

Quote from: TheGhost on February 25, 2008, 10:05:42 PM
The wagon will be my tow vehicle, eventually.  Figure it'd look pretty cool pulling into a show with my Barracuda on a trailer behind it.

Sigh... how things change in as little as a year... :icon_smile_blackeye:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Bobs69

How do you guys with open trailers deal with stone chips?  Or is it even an issue?  I was going to ask if anyone tarpped their cars, but that would blow in the wind alot and make it's own mess.    Wonder if you can buy the white stick-on's that new cars have on them?

TUFCAT

Quote from: Bobs69 on April 05, 2009, 12:11:59 PM
How do you guys with open trailers deal with stone chips?  Or is it even an issue?  I was going to ask if anyone tarpped their cars, but that would blow in the wind alot and make it's own mess.    Wonder if you can buy the white stick-on's that new cars have on them?

A lot of guys with open trailers install clamshells. We have a large full-width storage box mounted on the front of our open trailer that acts like a wind barrier and protects the front of the car. A clamshell would be much more aerodynamic, but we'd lose storage for our straps, etc...and the battery for our winch wouldn't be protected. 

jb666

This will be my tow rig this year (once I find a decent trailer). 2006 F350 Diesel. Tuned, open exhaust and ready to roar..

We towed the car home from Maryland with the wife's Navigator. We were shocked at how nicely it did but wow did it suck the fuel down..

A buddy of mine just picked up a brand new 38' race car hauler.. Full lift inside, lights, kitchen, etc... I'll get a shot of it some time this week. One word though.. OVERKILL.(for MY needs)

I found a shot that I took this winter!! The thing get pulled behind his 53' coach!!

Bobs69

Someone answer this question.  What sort of jobs are you guys in!  I'm starting to think I can't run with this crowd!

moparstuart

ok so on thursday I get a call from one of my shops that they have a long time customer who has a High miles 98 expedition with a bad tranny for sale.
  I am looking for a tow vehicle to hold the whole family so we can role to show all together and not have to take the minivan and the show car..

This baby is perfect and it only cost me $375.00 , with a tranny and labor i'll be rolling for less them a grand . This was my lucky day . The shop a service station Has done the maintainence on it all it's life and it has been well taken care of .   

I know I know it's a ford but hey i needed something to haul five of us and it fits the bill perfectly .

moparstuart

:drool5:  three rows of seats and still it really decent shape for a high miler

moparstuart

:popcrn: cd changer

moparstuart

4x4 with tow package and reciver hitch ready to go

moparstuart

dude was a bottle water freak

magnum

Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!