News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lets see how you Roll to shows

Started by 68RT4ME, February 23, 2008, 10:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68RT4ME

Well, ever since I got my '71 and especially since picking up my '69, I've been wanting to get rid of my Toyota Tacoma truck and get something to haul my cars to some of the larger events around the country. My buddy Troy (Hemi68Charger) has for years been telling me about the various Charger meets and Nationals, MOPARS at the Strip etc, etc. and I want to go to them now more than ever but, I don't want to drive the car that far so I wanted a tow vehicle. Something that can handle whatever is thrown at it and be comfortable for me and the Mrs.

This week, we went out and got this. It's an '06 Model and I saved a ton over buying new. It only has 28,300 miles on it. It's not a daily driver so I'm not concerned about the milage part. Diesel power, 6 spd manuls trans. A Sheitload of room inside and all the trimmings. I figure this will handle the job and then some. I can only hope that it's as reliable as I've read about.

Now, lets see some of your guy's tow/travel vehicles........  :cheers:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

Khyron

I don't go to shows that far away, so I just Drive the Charger there. Chances are if you see my Charger being towed.......something broke :lol:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

69charger2002

hey that used to be my line for years! mine was" if you see my car on a trailer, it's stolen.. i had to change that with the 3 car hauler though.. here is a pic of my old hauler. it's a 99 but it used to run on propane, it's pretty damn souped up.
trav

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

69charger2002

oh and this is the backup. it's an 05 with 5000 miles on it. yeah you read that right only 5000.. i have $4700 in it believe it or not!!
trav

BigBlockSam

my daly driver . a dodge ram daully , v 10 . she pulls the cars like nothing but she's thisty.
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

JohnnyBee

WOW !!! So Andy, are you going to get a 3 car hauler? The 2 Chargers and the '65 all need to go to the shows you know.

68RT4ME

Quote from: JohnnyBee on February 24, 2008, 07:02:18 AM
WOW !!! So Andy, are you going to get a 3 car hauler? The 2 Chargers and the '65 all need to go to the shows you know.

No, I'm getting a '24 enclosed trailer. The Buick is now for sale. Glad to see some other rigs posted. I was starting to think I was alone on this.

Quote from: 69charger2002 on February 23, 2008, 11:16:29 PM
oh and this is the backup. it's an 05 with 5000 miles on it. yeah you read that right only 5000.. i have $4700 in it believe it or not!!
trav

Wow, $4700.00? there is a story here somewhere. Nice Rig.
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

69charger2002

lol of course there is a story..it was actually a mississippi state truck. and flooded in katrina. i bought it last month(almost 2 1/2 years later). the truck looked a mess, but actually only had a tidal surge come over it, it didn't SIT in flooded water for days or weeks(like new orleans). i got the truck for $1000(yeah i was fast on that purchase.) once i changed the starter and got the motor running i decided to keep it. the only things it needed was 2 pieces of glass, a bed(a bulldozer pushed the cars around after the storm, causing damage).. but when i saw it had only 5595 miles on it, even the tires have 100% tread. it's essentially a new truck. here is a pic of it before i changed the bed and glass. it's not a diesel, it's a HEMI, but hey it's basically a new truck for under $5k
trav

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

69charger2002

don't talk to me about scoring! that is ONE NICE barracuda you got there CB  :2thumbs:  i know more people have some kick ass tow rigs. let's see em

hemi68charger

See everyone, Andy has majorly passed me in the Mopar realm.. Glad to see the truck and look forward to the OTHER  ;) Mopar news...

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

WheresMyCharger

Have you seen my old '69 Charger??
       *XP29H9B324356*

28Texaco

1968 Dodge Charger R/T

68RT4ME

Quote from: 28Texaco on February 24, 2008, 09:08:30 PM
daily driver...

Now that's what I'm takin bout! BTW, Welcome to the site

Quote from: dads_69 on February 23, 2008, 10:11:14 PM
Nice truck, but whats up w/the side marker lights being screwy on the dually part?

What do you mean. They all seem to come with them. They are yellow when lit. Nice touch I think :scratchchin:

speedfreak68

I just got a new hauler this weekend... well i got a lil work to do but its a 70 f-250 camper special with a 390. the guy gave it to me cuz it was smoking from the engine and i took it without looking just cuz it has a Dana 60 and was free...i popped the hood when i got it home and it looks as though the valve covers were leaking on the exhaust manifold  :D

PocketThunder

Quote from: Khyron on February 23, 2008, 10:59:03 PM
I don't go to shows that far away, so I just Drive the Charger there. Chances are if you see my Charger being towed.......something broke :lol:

Same here.  I drive my car to shows, but i havent gone any further than Milwaukee.  I plan on driving to Tallegega next year though (2009)  :mcride:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Mopar440+6

That pic is from Carlisle '07. Until the Charger or '41 Plymouth are finished it IS the show vehicle. It was my daily driver until I picked up the Neon last month...
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

chargerrt

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 24, 2008, 10:15:32 PM
Quote from: Khyron on February 23, 2008, 10:59:03 PM

Same here.  I drive my car to shows, but i havent gone any further than Milwaukee.  I plan on driving to Tallegega next year though (2009)  :mcride:

I'm really hoping to drive my car to Talladega next year too!  Maybe I'll see you there.  Does my Charger have to be a 500 or Daytona to get in with the show?

2fast4u

Quote from: BigBlockSam on February 24, 2008, 01:20:40 AM
my daly driver . a dodge ram daully , v 10 . she pulls the cars like nothing but she's thisty.

Hey Sam     Where did you get that '73 Challenger and does it have a 383 and a 4 spd?  I looks a lot like the Challenger my neighbor used to have long ago here in Kansas!

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

73ChargerSE

Just a 360, but good for hauling the car around town. HUUUUUGE trailer, heavy car. :2thumbs:

BigBlockSam

QuoteHey Sam     Where did you get that '73 Challenger and does it have a 383 and a 4 spd? 

hi
  i bought that car here in nj. it has no motor or trans. i'm building a 440 and 727 for it . great body no rust. Rene

Aero426

I'm really hoping to drive my car to Talladega next year too!  Maybe I'll see you there.  Does my Charger have to be a 500 or Daytona to get in with the show?

It does not need to be a 500 or Daytona.   You are welcome to come to the event with your car.

bill440rt

I tow a 24ft. Wells Cargo enclosed.

1) First I had this '98 2500, 5.9. Great truck, traded it in like a dumb-a$$...

2) ...on this '07 2500 HEMI. Involved in a lemon law claim right now. What a hassle. But...

3) ...hoping to hold out for the '09 2500's when they come out. I don't want to run the risk of problems with an '08, damn near same truck as the '07.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

4cruzin

This is what I usually look like.
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .