News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Charger Registry Guys - FLAG THIS ONE - XS29U0G118128

Started by FastbackJon, February 22, 2008, 03:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FastbackJon

Looks like the guy is selling all the neccessary parts for someone to artifically bring a wasted R/T back to life.

I'll repost here in case he deletes it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130200320709&indexURL=0

Up for auction is whats left of a 1970 Dodge Charger RT, yes a real RT, this car was a 440 4 barrel car with a consloe shift automatic

What I have

1) I have the radiator support, a 26 inch, with the matching number vin number on it

2) I have the dash frame with the vin plate still attached

3) I have the data plate from under the hood also with the correct matching number from the vin

4) I have the left quarter trunk lip section containing the last six of the vin

5)I have the build sheet

6) I have the title

I have no other parts to this car, this is all I have

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

69bronzeT5

Theres another guy selling fender tags...check out this: "Make your mopar stand out from the rest by installing this rare tag on your fenderwell."
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

gers1968rt

Why don't we as a group buy the item and make sure this doesn't come back to life? Maybe one of the moderators would like it shipped to them for safekeeping. I'd be in for 10 bucks. gerry
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.

ChargersETC..ETC..

As much as I hate to see this kind of stuff :icon_smile_dissapprove:  It looks like he has done nothing illegal YET!  :scratchchin: Looks like original car could be rebuilt all the legal proof of ownership is there. I don't know New Jersey laws but as far as I know title should have been surrendered to dmv . What legally makes a car a car? :shruggy:    It looks like that's the car right there. I think a person could technically buy that but but couldn't legally do a Dam thing with it. I think a someone should inform the New Jersey DMV pronto . If the guy can't produce the rest of the car but quick he might get be looking at jail time  :image_294343: :nono:  :shruggy: :Twocents:

ChargersETC..ETC..

I 'd say steer clear of that unless you contact the New Jersey DMV and see what the law has to say  :scratchchin: Is that guy a little slow  :hah: or what
how could he not expect to get questioned on a deal like that? If ????  If it's legal well more more power to you if not  :patrol:

BigBlackDodge

Body in White?

Isn't that how the nascar teams (like Petty, I know they ran Plymouths that year..............just an example) would recieve their cars from Chrysler? Ex-racer car maybe?

BBD

Back N Black

But,  that is what people are doing lately, buying good solid 318 or 383 donor cars. So they can cut them up and repair or restore their R/T's. Who are we to draw the line and say its not a car. Personally i don't agree with the cut,chop,rebuild that some people are doing out there.  :Twocents:

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: Back N Black on February 22, 2008, 08:39:19 AM
But,  that is what people are doing lately, buying good solid 318 or 383 donor cars. So they can cut them up and repair or restore their R/T's. Who are we to draw the line and say its not a car. Personally i don't agree with the cut,chop,rebuild that some people are doing out there.  :Twocents:

Would you like to buy an R/T only to discover later it was originaly a 318'r base model car that someone converted? Thats why we should care about this kind of thing.  :-\

Building clones and leaving the numbers is fine and legal...................but VIN tampering is Fraud. It serves no other purposed than to decieve (and make more money)

BBD

Back N Black

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on February 22, 2008, 09:07:07 AM

Would you like to buy an R/T only to discover later it was originally a 318'r base model car that someone converted? Thats why we should care about this kind of thing.  :-\

Building clones and leaving the numbers is fine and legal...................but VIN tampering is Fraud. It serves no other purposed than to decieve (and make more money)

BBD

My point is people are taking a firewall and front frame rails and wrapping a good solid 318 car around it and calling it a restored R/T. Its just smoke and mirrors, depends on how you look at it. :shruggy: When is it considered not a car?

suntech

I think this has been done a lot, and this is one of the reasons i dont have any urge for a "matching #" cars.
My personal opinion is that a car is what it is now, and not what it was then, if done right!
If two IDENTICAL cars, one "claimed" matcing #, and one clone was for sale, i wouldnt pay more for the matcing #, just because it can not be trusted.
Ok, if we were talking about  Hemi Daytonas, and the matcing# one was owned all it´s life by my neighbour, so i was DEAD SURE it was right, then ofcause !!!!!!
But "normal" cars..............no!!
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

0X01B8

Not to hijack a thread for shameless self promotion, but the program I just finished could easily have a section for suspicious or questionable cars.  Every record in the database is flagged as something, currently just 'lost' or 'found.'  It's easy to just make another category.  I could give the registry guys (or other trustworthy folks) user rights so that only they could add such records.  Then we could have a public, permanent record of these frauds waiting to happen.

http://vexer.com/mopar/

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: Back N Black on February 22, 2008, 10:49:37 AM
Quote from: BigBlackDodge on February 22, 2008, 09:07:07 AM

Would you like to buy an R/T only to discover later it was originally a 318'r base model car that someone converted? Thats why we should care about this kind of thing.  :-\

BBD

My point is people are taking a firewall and front frame rails and wrapping a good solid 318 car around it and calling it a restored R/T. Its just smoke and mirrors, depends on how you look at it. :shruggy: When is it considered not a car?

VIN's are not to be removed and swapped to another car. Didn't you guys see the original gone in 60 seconds? Steal a car, changes the numbers, sell the car........

Has anyone ever seen someone selling a #'s matching hemi car or R/T or whatever and state that they did this.............I'm guessing no becuse they know it's fraud. :eyes:

BBD

Chris G.

Thanks for the link Jon. I haven't been home in a couple days, so I can't check if we have it registered until tomorrow.

We have a number of red flagged VIN's and Fender Tags registered already. If more people would broaden their searches when buying or inspecting a car (ie: other than GG), there's a wealth of info out there. There's some very extensive databases out there that cater to specific cars. Sooner, rather than later, more people will start using them. And the last time I checked, the better one's are all still free to contact.  :2thumbs:

ps- This seller is like 15 minutes from me. He's right by Giants Stadium. I wonder who he is?  :scratchchin:

ChargersETC..ETC..

It looks like they pulled the ebay ad! Good work  :2thumbs:   The ad says " item is no longer available "  :scratchchin:   But what does that really mean ? :shruggy:   
Could be seller chickened out? Got in trouble with law ? Some rich guy made a secret deal with seller?  :rotz:
The title that was shown listed Indiana as the State not New Jersey where seller was. Anyone notice how the seller said "bring a trailer" very cleaver way to fool people into thinking theres more then a handful of identification only type parts. In other words most would think theres a body or frame or junk car shell around somewhere so as not to raise the red flags with the law very sneaky. How mad would you be if you towed a trailer across a few states based on that stupid "bring a trailer" recomendation  :flame:  . Altough it was pretty easy to see what you see was a you got in that listing.

If that guy would rebuilt his own wrecked car himself that would have been fine with me  :Twocents:and probley perfectley legal  :shruggy:
But when the guy put that car or Ebay it probly became instantly illegal because theres no way those numbers are finding their way back to the original car say for restoration. :Twocents: Someone will  probly try and pass that off as a original survivor 1970 R/T I supose . Looks like another 1970 R/t just got basicly destroyed in the hands of a whatever owner  :Twocents:  .  Who would want  a blacklisted  and probley illegal car?  :Nobody  :Twocents:
Thats about the saddest ebay ad I've ever seen   :bawling:  .He offered the choise of either purchase a newly Illegal due to greed car or say live and let die   :whistling: to another 1970 Charger R/T  .  I 'll pass and wait for the movie  :popcrn:   yep I've seen the original gone in sxty seconds  and H.B Halikis the "JUNKMAN" movie too. :icon_smile_big:

0X01B8

Quote from: 0X01B8 on February 22, 2008, 11:32:45 AM
Not to hijack a thread for shameless self promotion, but the program I just finished could easily have a section for suspicious or questionable cars.  Every record in the database is flagged as something, currently just 'lost' or 'found.'  It's easy to just make another category.  I could give the registry guys (or other trustworthy folks) user rights so that only they could add such records.  Then we could have a public, permanent record of these frauds waiting to happen.

http://vexer.com/mopar/

I just went ahead and did it anyway, I mean, this one could be such a nightmare for a potential victim.  Still no takers on my offer?  I haven't linked up this feature up the site, it's only below, for now, unless somebody wants to add more 'fraud' records.  Imagine looking at a car for sale and then being able to instantly check for this on your iPhone, or whatever...

http://vexer.com/mopar/index.php?display=suspicious

hemi-hampton

The Bring your Trailer is a obvious legal loop hole. Just like when they sell brass nuckles packaged as a Paper weight or Fully automatic maching gun,AK-47, AR15 &16 as a seperate kit, ect, ect. All a legal loop hole. LEON.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 0X01B8 on February 23, 2008, 12:54:55 PM

I just went ahead and did it anyway, I mean, this one could be such a nightmare for a potential victim.  Still no takers on my offer?  I haven't linked up this feature up the site, it's only below, for now, unless somebody wants to add more 'fraud' records.  Imagine looking at a car for sale and then being able to instantly check for this on your iPhone, or whatever...

http://vexer.com/mopar/index.php?display=suspicious

I'd like to add a few
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

FastbackJon

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Tilar

Looks like thats all that guy sells...He has 3 other besides that 66.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.