News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3/8 pick-up tube for 70-71 Street Hemi Oil Pan?

Started by chargerbr549, February 21, 2008, 08:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerbr549

I got a 70-71 street hemi oil pan that I bought this last fall and I was going to use a pickup tube that I had already but it turned out to be junk so I ordered a new one from summit and I think I got the wrong one. The oil pan has baffles in it so I am pretty sure you use a pickup tube with two bends in it to clear the baffles but the tube I got is part number p4529565 and it is straight will this work? Its going in my 69 Charger with a 512 (440 block with 3/8 tube). What would be the right part number since its kind of confusing by reading the descriptions and half of the time they either use a generic picture or no picture at all?

Kevin

firefighter3931

Kevin, the repop 70-71 hemi pan uses a straight pickup tube. The current MP catalog is confusing but the "565" pickup is listed as a 6qt pickup for RB engines. Oddly enough they list a seperate 3/8 pickup for B engines with 6 qt pan...that's a new one for me  :shruggy:

The old 2001 MP catolog lists the same part numbers as well....

Here's a link to Mancini's website and they list that 565 pickup as the correct one for the 70-71 hemi oilpan. Have a look at the pic & description and see if it's the same as yours.  :scope:

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/hemioilpan.html

I'm almost 100% positive you have the correct pickup.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

oldkimmer

...........I have a new straight pick up if u need it, bought in the late 70s early 80s with 6 pac pan.I have used the pan with a hemi pick up into my duster.........kim.........
Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chargerbr549

Hey thanks Ron I will go ahead and use it.

Kevin