News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Back in 1969, what wheels could you get on the Charger 500?

Started by runninhorn, February 21, 2008, 02:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runninhorn

Say I went into a Dodge Dealership to order a 69 Charger 500, what wheels were available for the car that year? What wheels do you think look best on these chargers? Thanks for any input.

moparstuart

Quote from: runninhorn on February 21, 2008, 02:28:53 PM
Say I went into a Dodge Dealership to order a 69 Charger 500, what wheels were available for the car that year? What wheels do you think look best on these chargers? Thanks for any input.
recall wheels look sharp on chargers

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

triple_green

I agree with the recall wheels. Also a nice 15x8/15x7 all chrome magnum 500s are hard to beat.

Although Mag 500s gave way to road wheels (trim rings) in 1969.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

runninhorn

runninhorn

magnums do look good--

anyone else have any charger pics with magnums or recall wheels on?

moparstuart

runninhorn

moparstuart

runninhorn

Just 6T9 CHGR

Specialty Wheels makes the recalls in either a custom polished chrome lip like the ones moparstuart posted on that 500 or the original trim ring type like on RJS's 69 Coronet R/T
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

I like how the 500's look with the dog dish's on them. Just look unique.

Side note though the 500 that your going after is too late to have had the W23 recall wheels on it origionally though. That is if your trying to think about what was truely available from the dealership at the time of the car being built.

The road wheels with the trim ring look good to. Isn't someone reproducing them in a 15" yet?

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

runninhorn

what stripe accents could you get on the charger 500 in 1969? Rear bumble bee stripe? What else?

moparstuart

69_500

Your correct the 500 stripe was the only choice. Red, white, or black depending on the color of the car.

They are all coded to be stripe delete cars, and there are a few that are debateable as to if they ever even had a stripe on them or not.

daytonalo

runninhorn

runninhorn

Quote from: als500 on February 23, 2008, 11:06:32 PM
Hi there, I like the road wheels that came with the car in 69..

well, only thing in my personal opinion is those tires look too dinky, I want something that fills the wheel wells.

daytonalo

learical1

Quote from: daytonalo on February 23, 2008, 11:21:49 PM
Start by making car level

I thought that the cars were wind tunnel tested at a raked angle.  Why would you want to spoil all the hard work Ma Mopar did and level the thing out? :shruggy: :smilielol:
Bruce

daytonalo

you don't think the front end is on the ground or the ass is to the Moon ?? Kind of old street racer look ?

runninhorn

Quote from: daytonalo on February 23, 2008, 11:21:49 PM
Start by making car level

yea, i want to level the car, thinking de-arched springs in the rear.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

learical1

Quote from: daytonalo on February 23, 2008, 11:32:12 PM
you don't think the front end is on the ground or the ass is to the Moon ?? Kind of old street racer look ?

Hey, I'm a kind of old street racer. :icon_smile_wink:
Bruce

69_500

I personally like the stock look. Don't much care for the ones that are lowered in the front and have the rear end all jacked up.

As far as rims, I so wish that my car had been coded for dog dish and steelies. Man I like that look.