News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone re-wired their chargers with Pain-less Muscle car kit?

Started by 70yell500, February 19, 2008, 02:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70yell500

Does anyone have any experience with the painless wiring kit for Muscle cars? Was thinking of re-wiring my 70 Charger and wanted to get in touch with anyone that might have does this as well.

Thanks in advance!
1970 Charger Resto-Mod
1970 Charger Black Beauty 440
1968 Charger 318 (soon to have 383-4speed)

charger2fast4u

i asked the same question in the electrical section of the forum. everyone that posted in my thread didn't have one they all bought new harnesses from year one. everyone that got them were nothing but satisfied with them. i'm leaning towards buying the year one harness because of all the good comments about them plus i didn't get any information about the painless one's. check out this link to my thread about harnesses.  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,39825.0.html

1st_charger

I used the painless 18 circuit universal kit to rewire my 69 charger the muscle car kit was not available when I bought mine! It's not a plug in and go like the reproduction but it didn't cost as much eather and if you have a basic 12 volt knowledge its not hard to wire up, all the wires are marked for there location! it just takes alittle time and a little planing and seeing as I have more time than money the painless worked good for me! I even hollowed out my original bulk head firewall connector hardshells and ran my wires threw it so I don't have the problem of corroded / loose terminals creating electrical grimlens. my  :Twocents:

Ryan

spend the extra money and get the M&H harnesses, well worth it.
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

dspaulding70

What does the M&H stand for?  I do not see in on the Year 1 site.

charger2fast4u

the company that makes the harness is M&H  they make the  harnesses for year one

dspaulding70

I see the Painless one on Year one, the universal muscle car wiring harness, and a million other ones.  Does anyone have the parts numbers from a previous order that I could follow as a guide?

charger2fast4u

here's my part numbers from my order for my 68 charger will be different part #'s for you since you have a 70. forward light harness hu213b, engine harness hu187x, dash harness hu269b,rear light harness rl38