News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar OEM Hose Clamps for fuel lines---how do they install?

Started by Chatt69chgr, February 20, 2008, 07:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatt69chgr

How do you install these fuel line hose clamps?  Are they a one shot deal?  Can they be removed and reused?  Hopefully, my picture is attached.  It's straight off Bill Allphin's site.

Charger-Bodie

Here are some pics of a "crimp pliers for those clamps.

And no they are not reusable.  :'(
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

sailpanel

You can pick up the crimper at most parts stores because many front wheel drive cars use the same style clamps (only bigger) on the CV boots. The clamps are sometimes called keystone types... I've never really known why.
2010 Jeep Commander
1993 W150
2010 Furious Fuchsia Challenger R/T classic

Chatt69chgr

OK. ---Great.  Exactly what I was wanting to find out.  I have never used any of those before.  I guess this will be a first time.

jerry

they are fine for show car but if you have to remove one in a hurry  they are hard to get off .most of the clamps were assembled off car where they could get to them easy.same with fuel tank vents. :Twocents:

Chatt69chgr

So what does everybody recommend to use instead of these then?  The spring type clamps like are used on the breather hose and brake booster hose?  Are they secure enough for fuel line use?  Sure wouldn't want a fuel line coming loose and spraying fuel.

4aThrill

I have been looking to buy some spring action clamps too, I am wondering just like you if they will work and stay on the fuel lines and there won't be a problem later on.   :popcrn:

gtx6970

I've used them over before. but I wouldn't push it past that.
Once crimped on - you insert a small tip screwdriver in between the crimped area and twist to loosen the clamp, then just re-crimp them

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on February 21, 2008, 10:04:02 AM
So what does everybody recommend to use instead of these then?  The spring type clamps like are used on the breather hose and brake booster hose?  Are they secure enough for fuel line use?  Sure wouldn't want a fuel line coming loose and spraying fuel.

You can use a regular worm type clamp.....

Bill, shield your eyes!  ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

4aThrill

regular worm clamps don't look very nice; kinda tacky looking  :eek2: I think thats why we have asking about the ear clamps and spring action clamps look more in the era  :Twocents: just my thoughts

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

375instroke

I use end cutters for installing those clamps.  If there's a flare on the tube, the hose would have to be rotted apart before one ever falls off.