News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

carter TQ carb rebuild

Started by rudyjrusa, February 18, 2008, 11:01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudyjrusa

hi - i had my carb rebuilt and when i got it back there was still rust on it - the springs, screws, posts, and the bottom flaps - i paid to have it glass beaded - i paid alot of money to have it rebuilt - i would think the person who rebuilt it would at least remove the rust from carb.  does anybody know how to do anything right these days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Nacho-RT74

who made it ?

some rebuilt jobs are glass beaded like the one demonsizzler makes, however not get back to its original gold finish like the one made on brake boosters. I don't know how it calls that process in english, but translation from spanish will be Gold galvanizated or kinda of :shruggy:... Gold cadmiun finish ???

if you don't make that finish the surface rust will float on JUST WITH AIR... but that doesn't mean won't work like a clock. Demonsizzler knows his bussines!  :2thumbs:

the rebuilding job to its original finish is made by ScottSmith_Harms, but they don't make performance job, just stock rebuilt.

So what you get from one won't be get from the other one and backward
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

CB

sorry to hear that
I had mine exchanged to a rebuild one, it looks clean now:

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

rudyjrusa

Quote from: CB on February 18, 2008, 11:14:14 AM
sorry to hear that
I had mine exchanged to a rebuild one, it looks clean now:

mine doesn't look as good as that - paid $250 for glass bead and factory rebuild