News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Later, I've gone to California!

Started by BB1, February 19, 2008, 07:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB1

Delete my profile

dodgecharger-fan

I spent a month in Laughlin one weekend...  :icon_smile_big:

The mini-strip along the river is nice. Saw some nice houses up on the hills too. We did a little tour to kill some time..

There's some sort of "baja" race in Jan-Feb. You can see the rooster tails of dirt from all over...

Try to figure out where that is exactly and find a place away from it, or at least above it. Unless you like dirt in your PB and J sammich...

Bull City is where you buy lottery tickets... That's all I know about that place.

TruckDriver

Quote from: BB1 on February 19, 2008, 07:47:55 PM
Things are going better than expected, Mum is doing great and recovering nicely.
She is yelling at my Dad, which is why things are back to normal.  :lol:

:smilielol: Sounds like my parents :lol:

That's great news :2thumbs: :cheers:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

BB1

I though Bull City is where Bull came from.  :smilielol:

Ha Ha
Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on February 20, 2008, 12:09:36 PM
Quote from: BB1 on February 19, 2008, 07:47:55 PM
Things are going better than expected, Mum is doing great and recovering nicely.
She is yelling at my Dad, which is why things are back to normal.  :lol:

:smilielol: Sounds like my parents :lol:

That's great news :2thumbs: :cheers:

That's the truth.

I am going to make my version of Dodge Charger land in the desert, this should take a few years.

First I need land, a home, and a steel car barn. After that I will search all of the desert junk yards, from Phoenix to LA, San Diego and North of Vegas, for all years of Chargers.
I'll sell them to you guys, I just love the hobby and would like everyone to have the opportunity to own one.

Since I am Native to California, and San Diego, it feels great to be back home.

Heading up to Laughlin tomorrow.   ;)

Delete my profile

BB1

I put in an offer on a house in Mojave Valley just South of Bull Head City.

Wish me luck.  :2thumbs:

Any Charger people in Arizona.. San Diego?  :shruggy:
Delete my profile

moparstuart

Quote from: BB1 on February 24, 2008, 01:12:55 PM

Wish me luck.  :2thumbs:

Any Charger people in Arizona?  :shruggy:
we  will miss you in kansas and  that hemi
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger1973

Im planning to move to NM or AZ after I finish college.  It'll be a few more years though.  I really, really hate cold weather!

BB1

Quote from: Charger1973 on February 24, 2008, 06:53:14 PM
Im planning to move to NM or AZ after I finish college. It'll be a few more years though. I really, really hate cold weather!

Me too, it has been a real cold one this year. Brrrrrr

Quote from: moparstuart on February 24, 2008, 06:46:46 PM
Quote from: BB1 on February 24, 2008, 01:12:55 PM

Wish me luck. :2thumbs:

Any Charger people in Arizona? :shruggy:
we will miss you in kansas and that hemi

Cool, I will give rides for those that fill up my tank, but better had a strong need for speed.
Delete my profile

TruckDriver

I don't like the cold any more, but I hate the exteme heat more. I lived in Pheonix for 6 months and I don't care what you hear, it does get humid in the rainy season. When I left there, it was 114 with the dew points up in the 50s. It was horrable hot. And I didn't like the BIG spiders out there either :P
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

MichaelRW

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you work in California they require that you pay their income state tax. Doesn't matter where you live. At least that was the case when I moved to California from Indiana in 1994. Before I actually moved due to a job transfer, I commuted for about 3 months while selling one house and buying another. I learned this the hard way when I got an unexpected letter in the mail from the State of California.

It really sucks and I look at it as taxation without representation.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

BB1

I heard it's where you live. I have worked in California before, but was never taxed on the money I've made there;
it went to Kansas.

That was 8 years ago, I hope it has not changed.

My railroad terminal is in Needles California, but I would be working to Winslow AZ.

But gas prices in AZ is a nice $2.89, so there would be some savings.  :yesnod:

Housing is really depressed, I'm working a deal now that could put me in a 1600sq foot home for under $200,000, on an acre lot
Property taxes are cheap there too.

Delete my profile

speedfreak68

I agree with Charger 1973.... i have those same plans when i get out of college

TruckDriver

Another thing I never liked about AZ., is the wages suck, least for what I do. I went down there, and made $13.00 a hour at the time (early '90s). I got down there, and most of the jobs were paying $6.00 to $8.00 for the same thing I was getting $13.00 for in Wisconsin. I guess it had to do with the "Right to work" bill they have for all the Hispanics. They work for much less then a lot of us do, and that keeps the wages low. I have a friend who lives near Kingman, and he said it's still the same. That was another reason I said I'd never move back there. To eaches own though. I guess that is the only thing that keeps me in Wisconsin, is the pay is good in this state. I know some trucking companys are now starting at $21.00 a hour plus over time in Milwaukee. And where I live a hour north of Milwaukee, starting pay is $15.00 to 17.00 a hour + ot.
PETE

speedfreak68

what did you do when you lived in AZ? Im planing on going into auto restoration so hopefully I can make some money.

BB1

No problem with wages, I am a BNSF conductor that makes...... figures annually.

I rejected the offer on the AZ house, I believe home prices have not fallen to the bottom yet.
I have 8 months to look, consequently there is no pressure to buy right now.

Casa Del Charger, or Rancho De Charger are some names I have kicked around.  :P 

I saw a White 70 Charger today down here driving by Wal-Mart in San Diego. Anyone here own it.  :shruggy:

Delete my profile

TruckDriver

Quote from: speedfreak68 on February 26, 2008, 06:50:01 PM
what did you do when you lived in AZ? Im planing on going into auto restoration so hopefully I can make some money.

I drive truck.
PETE

twenty mike mike

Quote from: BB1 on February 26, 2008, 02:03:08 PM
I heard it's where you live. I have worked in California before, but was never taxed on the money I've made there;
it went to Kansas.

My railroad terminal is in Needles California, but I would be working to Winslow AZ.

It all depends on what BNSF puts in Block 11 on your W-2. You should ask your personnel department beforehand, so you don't get a nasty surprise.   :eek2:

So your route is from Needles to Winslow? Seems 99.9% Arizona to me!   :scratchchin:

raybeez

Hey, I'm in Arizona!

About a 95 minute ride north of Phoenix.
(Out here it seems we don't tell people how many miles, but rather how many hours it'll take to get somewhere).

I live near Prescott.
Prescott is known for two things - world's oldest rodeo (held 4th of July) and Prescott is Arizona's Christmas City.

BB1 - look up "Mopars unlimited of Arizona" on the internet. The club is based out of Phoenix and have different events throughout the year. Pretty good and active club.
Oh yeah, good luck trying to find parts or a good rebuildable car out here...they are few and far between. And the junk yards REALLY rip you off out here. They send most of their metal parts back east...where the rust is.

Hope to meet you when you come out here.

BB1

Thanks bud, I look forward to meeting you guys.
Delete my profile

Charger74

BB1, You and a few others nailed AZ to the tee.  Housing prices suck down there.  I lived in Southeast AZ in Sierra Vista for twenty years before I got sick of not making a decent living.  Working the rails is very good money there.  Prescott, Flagstaff and Phoenix have a lot to offer.    Flagstaff does tend to get some decent snow in the winter since it's up in the mountians.  And remember, Phoenix has that really nice mopar junk yard....

BB1

Quote from: Charger74 on February 29, 2008, 11:51:36 AM
BB1, You and a few others nailed AZ to the tee. Housing prices suck down there. I lived in Southeast AZ in Sierra Vista for twenty years before I got sick of not making a decent living. Working the rails is very good money there. Prescott, Flagstaff and Phoenix have a lot to offer. Flagstaff does tend to get some decent snow in the winter since it's up in the mountians. And remember, Phoenix has that really nice mopar junk yard....

MoPar Junk yard. ===> :scope: I'm there! I'll see you there 74.

I think I will work on my house for a few months, then sell it. Kansas market is stable and my house is in a good location. Any takers!!

I can't wait to move there! Sun Sun Sun, that's what I need, and a trip to Vegas once a month.... just for the water parks nothing else.   :D
Delete my profile

Charger74

Quote from: BB1 on February 29, 2008, 02:32:58 PM
Quote from: Charger74 on February 29, 2008, 11:51:36 AM
BB1, You and a few others nailed AZ to the tee. Housing prices suck down there. I lived in Southeast AZ in Sierra Vista for twenty years before I got sick of not making a decent living. Working the rails is very good money there. Prescott, Flagstaff and Phoenix have a lot to offer. Flagstaff does tend to get some decent snow in the winter since it's up in the mountians. And remember, Phoenix has that really nice mopar junk yard....

MoPar Junk yard. ===> :scope: I'm there! I'll see you there 74.

I think I will work on my house for a few months, then sell it. Kansas market is stable and my house is in a good location. Any takers!!

I can't wait to move there! Sun Sun Sun, that's what I need, and a trip to Vegas once a month.... just for the water parks nothing else.   :D

Would love to join you.  I know my wife definetely would, however I am northeast of you in Iowa now.  Maybe when we can afford to head out that way, we can meet up....

BB1

Moving for real April 1st 2009.

No this is not a joke.

Delete my profile

Steve P.

Quote from: BB1 on January 26, 2009, 07:38:54 PM

Bye Bye winter... Forever!  :nana: :nana: :nana:

The new Arizona Mafia will also start April 1#.

RUTT-RO RAGGY..  Me thinks you have another thing comin!!   Mafia in Arizona.. Umm, too late.. No winter.   :rofl: :D :smilielol: :hah: :lol: :icon_smile_big: :yesnod: :rofl: :hah: :smilielol: :lol:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

BB1

Delete my profile