News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is there such a kit that replaces all original wires?

Started by dspaulding70, February 20, 2008, 07:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dspaulding70

I am getting confused on what each "harness" kit includes and does not include.  I an starting from scratch so I need every wire from the front to the back of the car and everything in between.  Can anyone help me with an understanding of all the different kits I need to order?

Troy

Go to Year One and buy every harness that fits your car. ;) Ok, just kidding but that's almost the truth.

Wiring harnesses - as long as you're talking original replacement - are separated by area/function. There's a "dash" harness which is your main harness that basically connects everything in the car to the controls in the dash through the bulkhead connector. The wiring itself only covers the area behind the gauge cluster to the firewall. There's a "forward light" harness and an "engine" harness but you can also get a combined "forward light/engine" harness since they both meet at the bulkhead. I wanted to modify the engine harness so I purchased them individually. There's also a "rear light" harness. There's a separate wiper motor harness for either two or three speed wiper motors. There's also an "A/C and Heater" harness which is different depending on what options your car has. The functions are self explanatory and these cover most all of the car. Additionally, there's a "tachometer" harness if you have a Tic-Toc-Tac, a dash mounted reverse light and "backup light" harness if you have a 4-speed, another for the "Rear Seat Speaker", and another for the hood mounted turn signals.

I hope I didn't miss anything but that's about all I saw from a quick look at Year One. If you're looking at an aftermarket kit than I won't be much help. They should have enough "circuits" to wire everything but you'll have to figure out what goes where.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

dspaulding70

Troy,

You always have great insight and I appreciate everything you do for everyone on this site.  Thanks for the clarification.  I will get moving on the wiring harnesses.

Darrell

Troy

You should be able to contact M&H directly and they can tell you in more detail. I think their web address or contact information is in the other thread. They're the experts, not me.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.