News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 coronet convertible 44,000.00?

Started by MorePwr, February 09, 2008, 04:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemihead

Mr. Flipper must have been watching BJ too much .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

kylem4711

ha,

he was probably pretty mad when you offered 4.

that car is nowhere near 44 though. i would pay 44 for a 70 convertible rt in perfect condition.

thanks for the story though
1970 dodge charger rt 440 4-speed
1973 plymouth barracuda 4-speed

Mike DC

He'll never sell it at $44K.

People like that amaze me.  It's one thing when someone just doesn't really wanna sell the car, but a lot of these guys really DO intend to sell it right away and they're not doing anything with it in the meantime until they do.   

Some of them will sit on something for 10 or 15 years of their life rather than just take a little less than their unreasonable price for it.  (And by then the investment gains from even the lower selling sum would have made them a lot more money over the timespan.) 

hemi-hampton

It would have to be a R/T car at least for that much :shruggy: :Twocents: :slap:

69CoronetRT

Quote from: MorePwr on February 09, 2008, 04:58:55 PM

I'm figuring with another 10k into the carĀ  it would be worth 20 or 25k. so the question here is who's nuts, me or flipper?

It would take an exceedingly special 500 model to fetch $44k.
As described, mid to high teens was probably closer to reality.

$44K could get you a nicely done driver/show automatic R/T.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Rolling_Thunder

Well - depending on the engine in the car - (383 4bbl) There were only 67 made with an auto...    so it can be a really rare car...       at the most it would be one of 548 - thats if it was a 318 2bbl auto car.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

bull

I've been seeing some crazy prices lately, mostly on craigslist. Not as crazy as $44k for what you saw but it's pretty typical for me to see stuff priced about twice as high as it should be. The last one I saw was a '70 500 383/4 speed for $11,500 that had rust and needed a full restoration.

moparguy01

I did the same thing to a guy with a old Hudson pickup. went out, engine was locked, brakes locked, rusty crusty pos. i thought the ad said 800, so i offered 600. he got madder than hell and started yelling at me that it was 8k. he got madder when i laughed.

some people just think their stuff is worth so stinkin much money, and its nothing special. it boggles the mind.

moparstuart

those convertibles are really 70 was the lowest production figures  nice R/T 's have fetched over 200k
so 40k really is not that far out of wack if it's a nice driver ?  :Twocents:  but you have to love that body style . some love them some hate the front end . Personally i'd love to have one in a drop top .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

RJS

I bought a Mustang once from a neighbor or so I thought. When she told me about it she said 11 so I said I'll be back tomorrow with tires so we can get it out of your garage to look at it. Well exhusband shows up and we talk cars and I ask if there are any more parts for it. We go in the backyard to the shed and while going though boxes I say the wife said 11 would you take 9?  He sayes I'll meet you in the middle 10 I say Ok.  On the way home for my trailer I thought it was a odd way to say 1000 but what the hey. Come back push the car into the street, after see gives me a signed title and I hand her 1000. Now I have the car on the trailer and start to tie it down. My wife comes over to me and sayes we have a problem she's in the garage crying???  I go in there to find the lady crying her eyes out saying "in front of my father I told you 11"  so I say yeah but your husband said he'll take less!!  then she yells I meant 11 thousand!!  Car at the time was worth about 2500-3000 so needless to say I had to unhook it and give it back... :brickwall: