News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1974 charger propos value

Started by rudyjrusa, February 19, 2008, 03:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudyjrusa

hi - picture shows original to the one purchased from inline tube - why is there a bracket on the new one - mine has a screw through one hole and a guide pin in the other hole - can anybody help me here??  i think inline tube is wrong and will not take back the value!

terrible one

Who cares? Take the bracket off and put it on. The unit is obviously the same, and will mount with your bolt and guide pin from the stocker. It's probably so that you can use it on another vehicle or something.

draftingmonkey

The valve is correct. On their website it  states that the bracket is incorrect.  I was also told about the bracket when I called to order one today for my '74.  So you're fine, follow terribles advice

rudyjrusa

Quote from: draftingmonkey on February 19, 2008, 06:32:36 PM
The valve is correct. On their website it  states that the bracket is incorrect.  I was also told about the bracket when I called to order one today for my '74.  So you're fine, follow terribles advice

how do i take the bracket off??  it seems like it is glued or welded on??

draftingmonkey

Just received my proportioning valve from In-Line Tube.  The way to remove the bracket is to use a center punch of a diameter that will not get stuck in the hole.  The bracket is held on by expanding pins/rivets that can be punched out from the hole on the other side of the valve.  Once the pins/rivets have been punched out, pry the bracket off as it is held in place with some adhesive.  Took me about 5 minutes to do.

rudyjrusa

Quote from: draftingmonkey on February 23, 2008, 04:27:49 PM
Just received my proportioning valve from In-Line Tube.  The way to remove the bracket is to use a center punch of a diameter that will not get stuck in the hole.  The bracket is held on by expanding pins/rivets that can be punched out from the hole on the other side of the valve.  Once the pins/rivets have been punched out, pry the bracket off as it is held in place with some adhesive.  Took me about 5 minutes to do.

hi - thanks for the info - i took the bracket off yesterday - the only problem is that the holes are smaller on the side were the bracket was.  my original has the same hole size from one end to the other - how do i place the orignal guide pin and screw into new value - it is still wrong - i don't understand these vendors - don't they get the original and make a copy of it??

Nacho-RT74

Sorry, if I'm writting here a little bit late.

I had the same problem when I got the new prop valve. That brackets is because all 72 and earliers B bodies use it for mount, and those pieces are more toward to sell to front disc upgrade on drum cars, than just thinking on replace to laters.

Yes is true holes are smaller to be able to fit the rivets. Does need to be drilled to the size of the pin to be able to mount on 74 inner fender.

Probably they are being made/sold in that way because the fact of made just one piece for all cars, and needing small modifications to fit on laters. In that way doesn't need to make two diff models, what never knows what would need to keep more in stock ( just like MaMopar made on lates 70s/80s making one universal piece to fit all models, with small mods to fit on diff cars )

really is not a big stuff, that piece works like a swiss clock... already tested and is a great piece  :2thumbs:. Really worths the money and effort to mount!

What I also did to be sure about keep same proportioning relation ( if some difference ) is change the inner parts of proportioning valve ( valve stud, spring and even the retaining bolt ) from my old one to the new one. In that way I was sure I was getting same proportioning relation from factory stock, specially because the spring resistance!!!!

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

rudyjrusa

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on February 25, 2008, 08:46:03 AM
Sorry, if I'm writting here a little bit late.

I had the same problem when I got the new prop valve. That brackets is because all 72 and earliers B bodies use it for mount, and those pieces are more toward to sell to front disc upgrade on drum cars, than just thinking on replace to laters.

Yes is true holes are smaller to be able to fit the rivets. Does need to be drilled to the size of the pin to be able to mount on 74 inner fender.

Probably they are being made/sold in that way because the fact of made just one piece for all cars, and needing small modifications to fit on laters. In that way doesn't need to make two diff models, what never knows what would need to keep more in stock ( just like MaMopar made on lates 70s/80s making one universal piece to fit all models, with small mods to fit on diff cars )

really is not a big stuff, that piece works like a swiss clock... already tested and is a great piece  :2thumbs:. Really worths the money and effort to mount!

What I also did to be sure about keep same proportioning relation ( if some difference ) is change the inner parts of proportioning valve ( valve stud, spring and even the retaining bolt ) from my old one to the new one. In that way I was sure I was getting same proportioning relation from factory stock, specially because the spring resistance!!!!

so the inner workings could be different - i will try the new one first - if there are problems i will try to change the inner workings.  thanks