News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I want you guys oppion!!

Started by mopar-or-no-car, February 16, 2008, 12:59:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar-or-no-car

I met a guy the other day who told me his friend knew where the hulk of a 69 super bee was.. apparently the original owner totaled it in the '80s, reported it stolen, collected the insurance money and then burried it in his field! well this guy got permission to go hunting for it, found it, dug it up and is planning on taking the tags off of it and putting them on one of his road runners that are in better shape and having a cop sign off on it as if it was the original car!  how do you guys feel about this? I have mixed feelings because when he sells it he is actually NOT selling the original car!!
please let me know how you feel about this!!  Thanks   :shruggy:
Real WOMEN drive MOPARS!!!!!

Ghoste

First off, it's incredibly illegal and secondly it's just stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid!!!!  Putting it on a Road Runner is self explanatory stupid and any cop who signs off on it is stupid.  Sellling it is fraudulent and stupid.  The whole idea is wrong and that just makes it stupid.
Howzat?

69bronzeT5

Its illegal and INCREDIBLY ANNOYING!!!!! :brickwall: :RantExplode:

Make sure you tell him ITS HIGHLY ILLEGAL :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bull

About 98% of that story sounds like BS anyway. Are you sure Bigfoot isn't involved somehow?

And WTH does the word oppion mean?

Forza

Check to see if he also put a Mod Top Daytona in there also. With this kinda story it seems fitting thats where the thing would be.

NHCharger

Sounds like everyone involved with this car is a crook. Find new friends.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

1969chargerrtse

I'm still new at this but it doesn't make sense because on my Charger the tag states the model?  and vin # so I'm  confused about that.  :shruggy:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

greenpigs

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 16, 2008, 08:18:51 AM
I'm still new at this but it doesn't make sense because on my Charger the tag states the model?  and vin # so I'm  confused about that.  :shruggy:

Its called a rebody..were you take the VIN on the dash and fender tag if there plus title then put on another car that is in much better shape. Some people stamp blocks and have fake build sheets, fender tags made. It is wrong and as stated illegal, walk away and pretend you never heard his story.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

tipopiola

I know what a rebody is, but what the hell is the point of putting Coronet Super Bee tags on a Road Runner?  Thats like rebodying my Charger with the body off my buddies Cuda'.  Wouldn't you need tags off of a Road Runner?

greenpigs

QuoteI know what a rebody is

My condensed definition was for 1969chargerrtsem, the Super Bee vin on the Road Runner is just ignorance.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

pettyfan43

A, The guy's a moron. WHat is wrong with the Road Runner's VIN that he can't use it?

If the car actually does belong to this guy, he shouldn't have to do this stuff which sounds like the ravings of an idiot anyway!

B. HE's a MORON that VIN is STILL considered stolen!!! When the buyer of the RoadRunner tries to register the car the VIN is gonna pop up as stolen and the STUFF will hit the Fan!

C. HE's a MORON the VIN will be a Super Bee VIN on a Road Runner, WM vs. RM. He tries to sell the car to anyone with the smallest of Mopar intelligence and a BIG  :icon_bs: flag will pop up!!!

This guy is SADLY stupid! It helps if you are more intelligent than the car you are WORKING ON!!!

Dig up a field to find VIN Numbers FROM a STOLEN car?!?!?!?!  I call  :icon_bs: on the whole thing!!

JR

Quote from: mopar-or-no-car on February 16, 2008, 12:59:48 AM
I met a guy the other day who told me his friend knew where the hulk of a 69 super bee was.. apparently the original owner totaled it in the '80s, reported it stolen, collected the insurance money and then burried it in his field! well this guy got permission to go hunting for it, found it, dug it up and is planning on taking the tags off of it and putting them on one of his road runners that are in better shape and having a cop sign off on it as if it was the original car!  how do you guys feel about this? I have mixed feelings because when he sells it he is actually NOT selling the original car!!
please let me know how you feel about this!!  Thanks   :shruggy:

If this is true, I have two questions:

Why on earth does he want to put a Super bee VIN and tag onto a Road Runner? Two totally different cars. That's stupid.

Whats even more stupid, is that if it were reported as stolen, then his Plymouth will be impounded as soon as they run the numbers and it comes back as a stolen car as it will still be in the computers as stolen.

Someone would go to jail, which would make things right because being stupid ought to be illegal anyway.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

69charger2002

i would imagine just for sheer benefit of the doubt that the guy just mis-wrote what the guy said. i bet he is taking a good old coronet and putting on the super bee plates. as the others said. highly illegal. i want to strangle people who do this.. and i will never understand it. they aren't true mopar people anyway as if they were, they'd be happy with a coronet that "looked" like a super bee. not having to make it a super bee to make it WORTH more and then pawn the illegal car on someone.. just wrong
travis
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Tilar

Quote from: JR on February 16, 2008, 09:27:12 AM
Someone would go to jail, which would make things right because being stupid ought to be illegal anyway.
Man aint that the truth.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Brock Samson

Charger1973

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 16, 2008, 10:37:15 AM
well said, It's fraud.

Yeah but its funny.  Especially if the story is true and the tags are from a stolen car.  He'll get his when he goes to register it.  :slap:

TruckDriver

Quote from: Ghoste on February 16, 2008, 01:07:46 AM
First off, it's incredibly illegal and secondly it's just stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid!!!!  Putting it on a Road Runner is self explanatory stupid and any cop who signs off on it is stupid.  Sellling it is fraudulent and stupid.  The whole idea is wrong and that just makes it stupid.
Howzat?
:iagree:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

hemi-hampton

Why would you put stolen VIN #'s on a non stolen car? STUPID.  Why would you put Dodge Vin # on a Plymouth? STUPID again. Thats like putting a Barracuda Vin on a Challenger? :brickwall: :RantExplode: :shruggy: :scratchchin: LEON.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Silver R/T

Id be pissed if I were to buy that car and later find all that shit about it.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

BMOTOXSTAR

I would just dig the car up and drive it, sure it will buff out. :buff: :buff: :buff: :buff:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

69_500

Yeah the Tulsa car will probably just buff out so why wouldn't one that wasn't supposedly sealed up before being buried right?

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Charger Steve

I don't believe any of this story! Sure there are really stupid people out there but this borders on insane. If this story is really true then it is time for the guys in the white coats to pay that guy a visit!
Charger Steve

Charger Steve

By the way, It is spelled opinion, not oppion. Have you ever heard of spell check?
Charger Steve