News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got the brakes, axles and 3rd member out

Started by 70charginglizard, February 16, 2008, 12:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charginglizard

There ya go Ron...

Proof positive that the sure grip works.

Power braked it in my driveway and lookie there.

By kels70charger

two distint markings...lol
70charginglizard

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Ghoste on February 17, 2008, 07:18:02 AM
Cody, the hardest part is paying for the parts, you won't have any big problems with the doing portion I'm sure.

Well with this site, I'm sure I'll be fine :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

firefighter3931

Quote from: 70charginglizard on February 17, 2008, 08:43:18 PM
There ya go Ron...

Proof positive that the sure grip works.

Power braked it in my driveway and lookie there.

By kels70charger

two distint markings...lol

Excellent !  :2thumbs:

So how does the car feel compared to before ? I'm sure you were boiling the tire with that open rear but how does it work now....hook better and increased acceleration ? Are you happy with the swap ? Is it what you expected ?

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Steve P.

Ut-Oh,,, now he has racing stripes in his blood.. Next will be the stroker combo..  :D
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Belgium R/T -68

Very helpful thread, I am just about to do the same on my Cuda. Rear axles always scared me but you gave me confidence. great job and Thanks.  :2thumbs:
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

70charginglizard

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on February 19, 2008, 03:10:31 PM

Very helpful thread, I am just about to do the same on my Cuda. Rear axles always scared me but you gave me confidence. great job and Thanks.  :2thumbs:

Thanks
Thats why I tried to take lots of photo's. Because I knew a lot of you guy's here have been considering 3rd member swaps. At least I seem to see a lot of threads talkin about it.
Do I decided to dig in and do it.
I'm pretty happy with them. Again, It's not a lot more gear then I had before but it is definatly a better hook up at the line. I can feel that for sure. Pretty sweet.
Again, Someday I may do it all over again for a 3:55 swap but for now I'm pretty happy with the 3:23  :2thumbs:
70charginglizard

8WHEELER

Next time you take a sharp right turn in the rain '' BE READY FOR THE LIZ TO KICK OUT FAST''   :drive:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

70charginglizard

Quote from: 8WHEELER on February 20, 2008, 12:22:49 AM
Next time you take a sharp right turn in the rain '' BE READY FOR THE LIZ TO KICK OUT FAST''   :drive:

Dan

I'll keep an eye out for that Dan

:drive:

Thanks

70charginglizard