News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wiring harness for my 70 B-Body Charger

Started by Kevins70charger, February 15, 2008, 02:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevins70charger

:scratchchin:I want to purchase complete wiring harness from the firewall forward and dash harness for my 70 dodge charger.  Engine is a 383 4 bbl and has A/C.  Where can I found a good product with best prices.  I have looked at Paddock and Year One.  I would like some comments back if purchased from either one or form somewhere else.

Shakey

Welcome to the site.

Use the search feature and look for M&H wire harnesses, painless  - in the electrical section.

As a matter of fact, I think you'll find a thread already in progress about this very topic.

My vote goes to the M&H wire harness from Year One.

Plumcrazy

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

lyall

I got a 73 Charger SE that I am wiring

I got mine wiring set from easy2wire  at
http://stores.homestead.com/ez2wire/-strse-411/Oldsmobile-Pontiac-GMC-Buick/Detail.bok

It is a 14 Circuit Heavy Duty Universal Wiring Harness with kill switch build in. for $200 plus shipping.

It is based of a Chevy,  with it connections. So you have to adept it to Mopar.

It is a good set.  It is a complete front to back wiring set.  All wires are labeled.

It is not bad.  Having a few problems to cold in the garage  the last 2 months, so it it going slow.

Your will have to solder the connection for the best connections and use some of the old wiring.

If I had to do it again I buy buy it again.

some might say it is not as good as year one,  but for $200 verus over $600 for year one 
so and I can redo it again if I have too.

but you will know your wiring

Good Luck with your wiring.

and Check out more about the wiring in the forums
There is a great deal of info available to help you along the way.

One thing always remember have FUN   :2thumbs:

Dodge Don

The M&H one from Year One was fantastic.  :2thumbs:

bull

I have a question for you guys who went with the Year One original style wiring. If you replace all of the wiring in you 2nd gen with it how much cash are you going to spend? $1,000+?

Troy

Quote from: bull on February 20, 2008, 05:41:55 AM
I have a question for you guys who went with the Year One original style wiring. If you replace all of the wiring in you 2nd gen with it how much cash are you going to spend? $1,000+?
Easily. I ordered the dash, forward light, rear light, and wiper harnesses along with a wire retainer set last week with the 20% off code. The total with shipping was $886 so it was just over $1,000 before the discount. I ordered the engine harness ($105) from Evans because I wanted a hidden electronic ignition circuit added. There are also several smaller harnesses for hood turn signals, tach, rear defroster, etc. I believe Year One only has exclusive rights to the dash harness and if I'd have thought about it more I probably would have looked elsewhere for the rest.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Dodge Don

Easy. But then I have spent a fortune on my restoration and I'll be damned if I'm going to have 40 year old wire cause a fire just because I cheaped out.

charger2fast4u

i just got off the phone with year one ordered whole new wiring for everything cost was $1,333 that's with the 10% off and i still need the windshield wiper harness they uped there prices on everything to from what was listed in there mopar catalog i hope it's worth it in the end i should get it  next week ill post what i think of it when i get it

bull

Quote from: Dodge Don on February 20, 2008, 10:18:32 PM
Easy. But then I have spent a fortune on my restoration and I'll be damned if I'm going to have 40 year old wire cause a fire just because I cheaped out.

Just asking. I wasn't making any judgements.

bull

Quote from: Troy on February 20, 2008, 08:45:32 AM
Easily. I ordered the dash, forward light, rear light, and wiper harnesses along with a wire retainer set last week with the 20% off code. The total with shipping was $886 so it was just over $1,000 before the discount. I ordered the engine harness ($105) from Evans because I wanted a hidden electronic ignition circuit added. There are also several smaller harnesses for hood turn signals, tach, rear defroster, etc. I believe Year One only has exclusive rights to the dash harness and if I'd have thought about it more I probably would have looked elsewhere for the rest.

Troy

Does the Evans engine harness use the bulkhead connector? I haven't looked into this as deeply as I need to yet but I was under the impression that most of those universal-type engine harnesses don't use the bulkhead connector.

Troy

Quote from: bull on February 21, 2008, 11:45:18 PM
Quote from: Troy on February 20, 2008, 08:45:32 AM

Troy

Does the Evans engine harness use the bulkhead connector? I haven't looked into this as deeply as I need to yet but I was under the impression that most of those universal-type engine harnesses don't use the bulkhead connector.
It's definitely not a "universal type" harness - it's a factory replacement so it plugs in just like the original. They offer all sorts of custom touches though and it still looks stock. Chris (Just 6T9_CHGR....) has one on his car so you know it can't possibly look out of place. ;)
http://evanswiring.tripod.com/

Troy

bull

Ok, I didn't know that. I was under the impression that the Year One harness was the only original-style repro there was.

Troy

Quote from: bull on February 22, 2008, 09:53:50 PM
Ok, I didn't know that. I was under the impression that the Year One harness was the only original-style repro there was.
Year One has "exclusive rights" to the M&H dash harness which is the only one of those that is correct(I think). I don't know what other deals they have but that one is for sure since I need one for every car. Ugh. You can get engine harnesses from a few places but I don't know about the rest of the wiring.

Troy

Highway by the Sea

I bought a wiring harness for my 73 Plymouth from Bouchillon in Hanahan SC for $220.  It was perfect, and I paid an electrical expert to rewire it for me.  Bouchillon's number is (843) 744-6539.

charger2fast4u

got my all new wiring today looks great but the real test is installation and how it works. that will have to wait until spring  :'(

70charginglizard

I'm stuck in a "do I really need it" or "Do I just want it" delema on getting mine 70 dash harness from Year One.
I'd like to but I really don't want spend the money on it right now.
Mine works still but it's got that stupid bug at the firewall bulkhead connection.
I'm just questioning my self as to weather or not I can track the bug and fix it there.
Is it very easy to unplug the dash harness at the firewall and pull it down somehow for inspection?
It sure seem awefully tight up in there. I supose the easiest way would be to pull the Guage cluster out of the way and then get to it from there huh.
God I don't want to do all that again. That was such a pain in the butt when I did that last time to change out all the lights in it and put the wood grain panel on. :brickwall:
70charginglizard