News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pro Tour Charger Pics? (update)

Started by Pistolpete, February 13, 2008, 03:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pistolpete

Hi Gang,

Seriously thinking of doing my latest project as a "Pro Tour" Charger - anyone have any pics of "Pro Tour" Chargers (preferably '68's) PLEASE POST ASAP!!

I love the look of that Cuda - "Sick Fish", anyone with me?

Pete
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

suntech

Try this one: http://home.online.no/~arnhje/minebilder.cfm
He is a member of this forum (Norwaycharger)
The site is in Norwegian, but you chould be able to figure out where to click, to see the pic´s.
A VERY nice Pro Touring car, and super quality craftmanship :2thumbs:

I am building a Pro Touring 68 myself, and right now gathering parts.
WP aluminum Hemi (588)
T-56 tremec
MW modular rearend
XV level II front end, rear end, brakes etc.
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

NYCMille

What do you want to know - built a pro-touring '68 Charger and currently working on a pro-touring '69 Daytona Clone.

pettyfan43

When I saw the title of the thread I was gonna suggest Mr Angry! And Autodynamics' Purple 69 is awesome too!

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

runninhorn

all business has the perfect stance.

what suspension setup is that?

suntech

All buiness has some nice things, but i think personally 19 fronts and 20 rear is to big :shruggy:
Like the exhaust outlets though :2thumbs:
The stance on Mikes car is just screaming DRIVE ME!!!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

six-tee-nine

Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

suntech

That´s a pro street car!!
Useless on a curvy road!!!

Pistolpete

Thanks Guys,

Sorry it took so long to get back online.......

anyway, (not surprisingly) Mike's (Mr. Angry) is the closest to what I would like to do:

So far she's actually in pretty good shape compared to where my 69 started (see pics)

Heres what I want to do:

1) resto over 2 or 3 years (not because of money but more because I dont want to suffer throught any summers without driving this one)
2) tranny being rebuilt over next couple of weeks (any suggestions here?)
3) minor body clean up (proper stripes, buff & polish etc) full paint will be last thing done
4) new rear end (want  a Dana 60 or better - any suggestions? gear ratio? stick with 3:56?
5) What handling system would you go with? alter-k-tion?
6) Gonna lose the console (not correct anyway) and put pistol grip shifter in (of course), I think it looks more "hard core" without a console.
7) What order would you recommend?

Also, mike - what size and brand are your rims (& rubber), not looking for exact same but definitely love the stance and profile of yours! looks like Mr. Angry is slightly lowered - LOVE it!! if you have any tips I would appreciate them

'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

autodynamics

six-tee-nine

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

MSRacing89

not the greatest pic.
19" wheels in the rear-18" up front, 4 wheel disc, front and rear bars, .960 torsions, edelbrock IAS shocks. and about 475hp in the business end of it! Oh, most important, nice and low.
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.

dkn1997

RECHRGED

69chargerboy

Quote from: MSRacing89 on February 19, 2008, 05:18:53 PM
not the greatest pic.
19" wheels in the rear-18" up front, 4 wheel disc, front and rear bars, .960 torsions, edelbrock IAS shocks. and about 475hp in the business end of it! Oh, most important, nice and low.

MSRacing89, nice car...... Are your rims Budnick? Post more pics of your 68! I want to see more! Thanks!
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

Troy

Quote from: 69chargerboy on February 20, 2008, 10:26:00 AM
Quote from: MSRacing89 on February 19, 2008, 05:18:53 PM
not the greatest pic.

MSRacing89, nice car...... Are your rims Budnick? Post more pics of your 68! I want to see more! Thanks!

More:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6.msg423874.html#msg423874
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6.msg423931.html#msg423931

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

NYCMille

Sup' Marty... Dood! Nice man... that thing looks mean! :icon_smile_big:

MSRacing89

thanks Mike.  Nothing compared to your old girl, but she is a nice little cruiser!!  Long time since I talked to you.  I will be in touch. :yesnod:

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.

autodynamics

very nice.. i love more and more pro-touring chargers are coming on board!!!!!!!!!! nothings more boring than the same color same motor same interior...and so on.... marty love the wheels. keepat car is awesome also....mike your the man......

Pistolpete

BOOM BABY!!

now thats what I'm talkin about !! Between Mr. Angry and the 69 (Autodynamic ?) thats what I'm after.
Definitely lovin the pro tour style, basically decided I want to be able to drive this thing like I stole it!! so its drivetrain this year and paint and body next year........

Mike, thanks for the offer,  I'l give you a shouit and we can shoot the breeze! (also wanna pick your brain about the road racing and rally racing)

Thanks

Pete
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

0X01B8

What actually defines a "pro tour" car?  Is it just the look, or what?

moparstuart

Quote from: 0X01B8 on February 21, 2008, 11:51:24 AM
I would say the biggest thing is updated supension and brakes ,bigger wider tires and wheels , mean agrresive stance and look ?
modern updates to old muscle !!  :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

six-tee-nine

Yeah sure Pat's 68.....

One of my favourite non black Chargers on the site here. every time i see a pic of this car I start doubting my choice for black  :scratchchin:

MSRacing89

Quote from: 0X01B8 on February 21, 2008, 11:51:24 AM

I would say rule #1 it is not built for a ¼ mile at a time, but built to get driven and driven hard, not matter the consequences or the cost!  I drive mine 5 days a week if I can, over moutain passes or on a track.  Modern equipment is used where possible to improve handling, performance, safety and reliabilty. There are no trailers near my shop and my windshield wipers work great. 

I would say ultimate goal in a "pro-touring" car is out perform a newer, comparable car, on any road condition or in any weather.

NYCMille

QuoteI would say ultimate goal in a "pro-touring" car is out perform a newer, comparable car, on any road condition or in any weather.

BINGO!