News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need advice/options on some engine components...

Started by Rack, February 13, 2008, 04:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rack

My 440 is almost done, but there's some things I want to add before I get it out of the shop.

1. A high-volume oil pump (with appropriate pickup)... where can I get a good/reliable one?

2. An oil cooler. It gets up close to 110 degrees here in the summer and I'll mostly be driving my charger during those 10 months (it's hot here almost all the freakin' time). Where can I get a good/reliable one?

3. What oil filter do ya'll recommend? Can I get it at O'reillys or AutoZone?

4. What kind of oil do you recommend? Regular oil? Synthetic? Synthetic Blend? What brand and weight?

5. A Pre-oiler. You know, that doohicky that squirts oil through your engine before you even start it up. I want this engine to last many many many many miles as I hope to pass it down to one of my nephews (oldest one is currently 5ish) some day.

6. Anything else you all recommend? My charger is going to be an all out resto-mod (I have no way of making a numbers matching car so I'm making a driver with today's handling and other comforts).

:popcrn:

terrible one

I would simply look on Summit about the oil pump and oil cooler. As for the filter, I (and most everyone else) say K&N Gold or Wix . . . Fram is crap, stay away.

Rack

Thanks, TO.

I hadn't thought of Summit. They have a few there, already added a couple to my 'wishlist'.

Didn't see any pre-oilers but something tells me that's not the "proper" name for them so they're probably there under a different name.

firefighter3931

I would just use the hemi 6qt pan, wnidage tray and HV oil pump. A good 15/40 diesel oil with an EP additive (EOS) and a wix/napa gold filter.  :Twocents:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs