News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Indexing the rotor (phasing)

Started by Ghoste, March 04, 2008, 07:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

How many of you guys have gone through this procedure and is it worth doing on the typical street vehicle?

Challenger340

Matchs the rotor directly "on" the cap terminal, when firing.
Saves spark power, hotter at the plug, by lessening the "jump" required, when the rotor is sorta "off".

Never done it on a street deal, usually on crank trigger stuff, but, I don't suppose it would hurt.
You gonna drill a hole in your cap beside #1 so you can hook up a timing light and "watch" where the rotor is, when firing ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Ghoste

Well, I have a junk cap laying around so drilling isn't the issue.  I'll go out on a limb here though and guess that it has to be done the cap you intend to run?  Still wouldn't matter on my car sionce it's far far far from a concours resto.  A street engine with street compression and MSD with Blaster coil and street plugs gapped to street specs and not running at stupid rpm, I can likely spend my tuning time better elsewhere??

Rob R

Always...but guys come to me to have their stuff set on Kill.

Ghoste

So in light with my post above, I've already spent too much time on the issue in my case.

zeke

Whethr or not it's worth it depends on how far off your dizzy actually is. If it's very far off as some have reported then it is certainly worth it. You don't need to use the same cap and if you drlilout the tan mopar cap...goodluck because that stuff drills hard. You don't have to run the car with that cap at all, in fact you can do it on your bench. You can expect quicker start-ups cleaner throttle response and fractionally better miliage. This is noticable if it's off very much.