News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2006 Dodge Charger Poll

Started by 70charginglizard, July 18, 2005, 09:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your opinion of the new 2006 Dodge Charger

I Like it
35 (32.7%)
I Hate it
72 (67.3%)

Total Members Voted: 107

TeeWJay426

Don't like it, never did, but it ain't gonna go away, no matter how much we wish it would.....,.

74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

BB1

Delete my profile

Mopar440+6

"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

Mopar440+6

Anyway, being the owner of a TRUE Charger I voted no. Even if that thing wasn't defaming the Charger name I'd still think it was ugly as all hell. But personally I think you guys are so worried about '06 owners posting that you make more posts than they would. I mean really, how many '06 posts have there been so far on ANY of the Charger boards? And how many of them were posted by an '06 owner? I'd say very few, if any at all. Just my $.02
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

BB1

I like your 68 there, do you have a link to cardomain so I can check it out?

Click this 06 dawg, called the pimpmobile. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1484877

Click mine below
Delete my profile

Telvis

70charginglizard

Quote from: Mopar440+6 on July 21, 2005, 07:39:04 AM
Anyway, being the owner of a TRUE Charger I voted no. Even if that thing wasn't defaming the Charger name I'd still think it was ugly as all hell. But personally I think you guys are so worried about '06 owners posting that you make more posts than they would. I mean really, how many '06 posts have there been so far on ANY of the Charger boards? And how many of them were posted by an '06 owner? I'd say very few, if any at all. Just my $.02

The intension of adding the poll is for to educate all the New 06 dodge charger owner coming in.
I just want to help them understand before they start posting pro or positive post about it, so there not suprised when everyone here starts giving them there honest opinions.

Trying to make them think before they post and prevent hurt feelings Thats all.

70charginglizard

Ghoste

Not to mention that dead horse or no, we still have the right to hate on the thing.  The name of the thread spells out what was going on inside.  Yeah, it's old, old hat back a few months ago, but everyone sick of reading these threads knew exactly what was here before opening it up.
But the only thing worse than beating on the car is beating on each other about whether or not it's okay to beat on the car.

Rant off.

RTPTRON

My daily drivers and my toys are two different things.  As a toy/collector car, the new Charger missed the mark completely.

But as an affordable nice daily driver with good performance and decent fuel miledge, it is great.  I understand that they could have designed a car that was more like the Chargers of the past but that would have ended up being a very expensive limited production car like the Viper or SRT10.  From a marketing standpoint it fits right where they want it.

Just look at the Chrysler 300C, the Charger and the Magnum HEMIs and SRT8s as cars from this century and you will have to agree that Chrysler has the best American cars in the $25K to $40K range.  The Crossfire, SRT4 and the Turbo PT round out the best lineup in the industry.  The new Charger is at the high end of my price range for a daily driver but when it is time to trade in my 2001 PT Cruiser or Subaru WRX daily drivers I'm going with one of these fine automobiles.  Then I will change my handle to something like "6807ChargerRT" or "ChargerMagnum" or "07300C68RT".

For what it is worth from a guy who owns a damn Ricer WRX and a 86 Buick GN for Christ sakes.  Oh ya, my damn RV is a Ford.

8WHEELER

74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

6pkrunner

I think the best thing is to wait for one full year of sales and then everyone can comment. Initial sales will not be an accuate reading as the hype that drove a few into a feeding frenzy will bias the sales initially. Wait to see what they are when they even out for a good duration. Then there will at least be some new material to comment on. As a vehicle, I am told it is competent at what it does. To carry the revered nameplate was a gross miscalculation on Daimlers part. The corporate bigwigs could never imagined the negative backlash to disrespect an icon.

MoparYoungGun

Personally, I hate it :down: . I believe that Dodge, rather than making one of the best muscle cars of all time in to a four door sedan, should have continued with the muscle car tradition. Look at Ford with the Mustang, GM with the GTO. Those cars kick ass! I mean, I think at the very least they should also include a two door R/T in there line up. This is just my :Twocents: .

Nacho-RT74

Hey guys !!! I have heard some about a 2006 Charger will be produced... Do you know something about that ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Dale The Bold

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on August 29, 2005, 12:43:22 PM
Hey guys !!! I have heard some about a 2006 Charger will be produced... Do you know something about that ?

Well, they made the nameplates, but they decided not to make the car.  So they came up with some kind of cheap solution.  :icon_smile_tongue:
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

Ghoste

TheGhost

Quote from: MoparYoungGun on August 29, 2005, 10:01:16 AM
Personally, I hate it :down: . I believe that Dodge, rather than making one of the best muscle cars of all time in to a four door sedan, should have continued with the muscle car tradition. Look at Ford with the Mustang, GM with the GTO. Those cars kick ass! I mean, I think at the very least they should also include a two door R/T in there line up. This is just my :Twocents: .

And, if you notice, the GTO sold horribly.  The Mustang sold well mostly because it was the Mustang.  Hell, people bought those ugly little Mustang IIs, and the 80s Fox Body Mustangs, which goes to show you the fanbase on them.  The name does not fit the car, but, DCX made a smart move with this.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Dale The Bold

Quote from: Ghost on August 29, 2005, 04:34:05 PMAnd, if you notice, the GTO sold horribly.   The Mustang sold well mostly because it was the Mustang.   Hell, people bought those ugly little Mustang IIs, and the 80s Fox Body Mustangs, which goes to show you the fanbase on them.   The name does not fit the car, but, DCX made a smart move with this.

A "smart" move would have been to build the enormously popular '99 Charger concept.  What they did was actually more of a shady move, that of assuming that people would forget why they went to a car show six years ago and started saving money ever since.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

Big Lebowski

An even smarter move would have been to send that big (insert vulgar word) _______ Trevor Creed back to Ford where he came from.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Ghoste

He's an ex-Ford guy?  I had always assumed he was a DCX lifer.

TheGhost

Quote from: Dale The Bold on August 29, 2005, 07:37:26 PM
A "smart" move would have been to build the enormously popular '99 Charger concept.

Really?  Spend all the money it costs designing an entirely new platform, then making a plant to build that new platform, for only ONE model of car?  Pretty risky, I'd say...  by using the LX platform, even if it does flop, they aren't out that much.  The plants built for the Charger also make the other LX cars, which is a smart move.  Sharing many parts is a cost saving, smart move.  It's all about the $$$, not what we want.  Financialy, this was a smart move.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

plum500

QuoteReally?   Spend all the money it costs designing an entirely new platform, then making a plant to build that new platform, for only ONE model of car?   Pretty risky, I'd say...   by using the LX platform, even if it does flop, they aren't out that much.   The plants built for the Charger also make the other LX cars, which is a smart move.   Sharing many parts is a cost saving, smart move.   It's all about the $$$, not what we want.   Financialy, this was a smart move.

Could have been on the LX platform, and not looked like it does though.

I wasn't all that crazy about the '99 (though mainly the front end)... until I saw the '06.

TheGhost

Quote from: plum500 on August 29, 2005, 09:29:07 PM
Could have been on the LX platform, and NOT looked like it does.

I wasn't all that crazy about the '99 (though mainly the front end)... until I saw the '06.

Could have, but, it's a new car.  What else do you expect?

As for the 99, I didn't like it all that much, either.  Although, with a new grill......

plum500

TheGhost