News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2006 Dodge Charger Poll

Started by 70charginglizard, July 18, 2005, 09:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your opinion of the new 2006 Dodge Charger

I Like it
35 (32.7%)
I Hate it
72 (67.3%)

Total Members Voted: 107

plum500

...but that hip......the flat sides...and front.... hmmm...

Though I do love the back of that chop...

Not to mention, his work is great no matter what your preference.

Dale The Bold

Plum, that's it!  Your image of the black Charger is the best "modern" Charger concept to date, in my opinion.  Looks new, yet looks like the real Charger.  I'd buy one for sure.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

Plumcrazy

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

plum500

...modified Doug Schramm's a bit...

BB1

Delete my profile

TheGhost

Quote from: plum500 on August 30, 2005, 12:40:23 PM
...modified Doug Schramm's a bit...

Too retro, like the new Mustang.  I like Doug's version better.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Dale The Bold

Quote from: Ghost on August 29, 2005, 08:44:32 PM
Quote from: Dale The Bold on August 29, 2005, 07:37:26 PM
A "smart" move would have been to build the enormously popular '99 Charger concept.

Really?   Spend all the money it costs designing an entirely new platform, then making a plant to build that new platform, for only ONE model of car?   Pretty risky, I'd say...   by using the LX platform, even if it does flop, they aren't out that much.   The plants built for the Charger also make the other LX cars, which is a smart move.   Sharing many parts is a cost saving, smart move.   It's all about the $$$, not what we want.   Financialy, this was a smart move.

No, scrap ALL the ugly cars on that platform and use the new platform for attractive cars like a new Challenger and Cuda.  The only people who miss out are those who prefer ugly yuppy cars.  And they've got plenty of alternatives anyway.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

TheGhost

Quote from: Dale The Bold on August 30, 2005, 02:52:06 PMThe only people who miss out are those who prefer ugly yuppy cars.

Those people represent a large portion of the car buying community.  To ignore them would be an incredibly idiotic move.

As for ugly cars, the 300C is one of the best looking new cars on the road, I love how the Magnum looks, and the Charger ain't that bad, either.  The LX platform is selling like crazy, and you want DCX to SCRAP IT, just because you don't like how the cars look?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Dale The Bold

No, I say scrap it because that market has been flooded.  I think they need to try for some of the market that the new Mustang is getting.  After all, there is one type of car for that market and poor ol' Ford can't keep up.  DCX could help them meet their demands by offering an alternative.  Yuppies may represent a large part of the population, but why cater to a market that has hundreds of options at the expense of neglecting the rest of the market which only has one car to choose from?

And if they're not going to try competing with the Mustang, don't give it the Mustang's competitor's name.  In fact, they should give those cars yuppiecentric names like "The Country Club Cruiser" or something to that effect.

And it is possible to create a sporty car that appeals to single men as well as family men.  The '99 Charger Concept would have worked for that.  It would have been the family man's dream (he could sell that minivan to get one).

jaak

Whether or not you like the car.... This is a Dodge Charger site right??

Will I buy one?? Probably not.   But don't knock guys that own one and are proud of it. I'm just curious to see how many more people would want one and/or like them if they had another badge on them... I mean I owned a Neon for five years, it was my wifes daily driver we put alot of miles on it was a great dependable car cheep on gas, my father-in-law drives it everyday now.. still a great car. it was a 4 door, whats wrong with that?? would you like the new CHARGER more it they changed the name to neon...and dropped the current neon?? Thats my point its just a car.. and no they are not gonna make a 2 door 'retro-rod' its not economical, 4 door cars are the market now, just like big suv's were 3-4 years ago. Every auto manufacturer 'goes with the flow' They don't care what you think the Charger should be.
It in no way affects an old charger.. so why all the bashing, i think the new charger is a good car for its purpose. And so what.....Charger is just a badge..right?? It dosen't matter if its on a 66,68,71,75,80's fwd,2006 its still a charger if they name it charger.   Does everybody hate dodge ramchargers.........oh no its not a mucsle car.....lets ban ram chargers.

too sum up my point.... all this bitching, moaning and groaning isn't gonna change a thing, its just a f***king badge.      My :Twocents:

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Big Lebowski

Nice job Plum 500. They wouldn't build anything that cool. They should hire you and give Mr. Creed the big pink slip..
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

70charginglizard

Guess it's time to bring the poll up to the top of discussions to show the opinions of the majority so the newbee's don't get offended when they post about the new cherger.
70charginglizard

RDR-838

Last week my wife had to go to Denver on business. I had a couple of days off, so what the hell, I went with her. When we went to pick up our rental car, they did not have the car we reserved, so they gave us a Charger.

As far as naming it a Charger, I think most of us agree that it is not. However, the car itself is not half bad. If you haven't seen one, it's much bigger than it looks. It seemed to drive and handle well, and it had good pickup. Plenty of room, too. I'm 6'4" so I usually have to move the seat back all the way, no matter what vehicle I happen to be driving. Not so with this car. I had room to spare. I'm used to driving a truck, so driving this big, wide, heavy car was actually fun. So, all in all, it turned out to be a pretty pleasureable road test. (Not that I'd buy one. :icon_smile_wink:)

Anyway, If Dodge had just named this thing what it is, a Magnum sedan, all of us would probably be much happier.

Brock Samson

Amen! I think you nailed it!
welcome to the site!  ;D

dodgeboy67

i stilll think its a decent looking car.....but it shouldve been  called the monnacco, or magnum sedan,not charger

rollingthunder

I like the idea of a v8 rear drive 2 door car but DCX wont build one. I like the looks of the 300c and the parts of the new thing called a charger
I would like it a lot more if it had 2 DOORS. I don't mean on the same side eather.
life's to short have a blast before its gone.

70charginglizard

Quote from: RDR-838 on September 28, 2005, 10:34:39 AM

Anyway, If Dodge had just named this thing what it is, a Magnum sedan, all of us would probably be much happier.

I really think the name "Enforcer" would have been the perfect name for it since they seem to really be marketing it for the police departments anyway with what I've see so far. 

Besides, in all the movies with Chargers that I've seen it's always the bad boy guys in the chargers and the cops are in the 4 door dodge sudans anyway.

I would definatley have a lot more respect for the thing if they would have done that.
70charginglizard

dodgeboy67

Quote from: rollingthunder on September 28, 2005, 12:42:32 PM
I like the idea of a v8 rear drive 2 door car but DCX wont build one. I like the looks of the 300c and the parts of the new thing called a charger
I would like it a lot more if it had 2 DOORS. I don't mean on the same side eather.
:iagree:if you look at the squad car market, it sux right now....charger should be at the top of the list now.....chrysler knew what they were doing

we' llbe seing a 2 door rt version soon

6670charger

Only problem with banning the 06 posts, is that this site is called "dodgecharger.com".  That implies that anyone who has a car wearing the Charger name is welcome here; even the 06 owners.  If the site had been named "classiccharger" or something along that line, we could justify limiting the 06 comments and posts.
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

Lowprofile

"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

70charginglizard

Guess it's time to bring the poll back up.  :-\
70charginglizard

TheGhost

RD

Quote from: Ghost on October 16, 2005, 12:54:57 AM
Quote from: 70charginglizard on October 16, 2005, 12:18:25 AM
Guess it's time to bring the poll back up.  :-\

Why?

because he was reading the recent postings going on and figured with the influx of a new member that owns a 06 Charger and the non-violent reception that member had, maybe it was time to see how everyone views the possible membership of 06 charger owners.

why not? people bump threads all the time.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander