News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Welcome to DodgeCharger.com

Started by Troy, July 18, 2005, 01:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on February 01, 2007, 01:28:17 AM
Just wanted to say hi. I was checking out the site, :2thumbs: I use to own a 69 Charger. I now own a 71 Challenger. It makes the 28th Mopar I've own and have owned . Yes, I'm a girl. I'm from PA about 45 minutes south of Carlisle.
That's a great lookin' 71 you have there, welcome aboard! :wave:
Have some of your previous cars been Chargers? Sounds like you have troubles deciding on which Mopar you like best. ;D

Quote from: bmoparmofo on February 01, 2007, 12:49:53 AM
Hi, just wanted to say I'm thrilled to find this forum, I have had a 69 charger for 21 years, still in the garage :rotz:, the guy that had it before me had it for a few years in his garage as well, he was using it as a parts car,He was going to cut the front clip off it and sell it when I bought it, he was getting ready to light the torch when I came by :o....Rescued in the nick of time!! I had no budget back then, I was only 16 ,I bought it for 350.00, I think its T-5, black interior,console auto 383-2 bbl originally, maybe a luggage rack car?, holes drilled in the deck lid, It was missing alot of parts when I got it, I have stripped a few chargers since and I have the seats from  a c5x car still in decent shape, Plus my oroiginal ones.Mega parts, still need time and money but this is the year one way or another, It also has the hood mounted turn signals and air conditioning, no data tag :rotz:, a partial broadcast sheet somewhere,I will post some pics as soon as Michigan thaws a little, How many Michigan members are on here?Sorry for the long winded speech, just happy to get to chat about her!! By the way 1986 was a long time ago........... ::)
We'd love to see pics, even if it's a project car. :icon_smile_big:
I've had mine since '86 too, but at least I got to drive it for a few years at first...so I don't feel so bad. :icon_smile_tongue: That's cool that you came along in the nick of time to rescue it. :yesnod:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on February 05, 2007, 07:03:16 PM
Just wanted to say hi. I was checking out the site, :2thumbs: I use to own a 69 Charger. I now own a 71 Challenger. It makes the 28th Mopar I've own and have owned . Yes, I'm a girl. I'm from PA about 45 minutes south of Carlisle.
Have some of your previous cars been Chargers? Sounds like you have troubles deciding on which Mopar you like best   Yes  a 69 Charger, 3 70 Cudas , 2 71 Challengers, Dusters and others. But I think this 71 is a keeper.  ;D And my daughter has a 78 Aspen Super Coupe project.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on February 06, 2007, 12:55:16 AM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on February 05, 2007, 07:03:16 PM
Have some of your previous cars been Chargers? Sounds like you have troubles deciding on which Mopar you like best 
 Yes  a 69 Charger, 3 70 Cudas , 2 71 Challengers, Dusters and others. But I think this 71 is a keeper.  ;D And my daughter has a 78 Aspen Super Coupe project.

I'd keep it too, it looks great! :icon_smile_big:
Hey, if your daughter needs some Super Coupe stuff, this member may be inclined to sell some stuff you could use. :)
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1913
Check out the collection in his sig line. :icon_smile_wink:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

71ChallengeHer

Thank you, I'll check it out. I think the only thing missing off the Super Coupe is the front spoiler.

bmoparmofo

Thanks for the kind words, The hardest thing is trying to figure out where to start,its been sitting so long, I think I am going to have to get familiar with her all over again...lol This forum has actually got me motivated once again. Unfortunately its 4 degrees outside ::) I think I'll wait for a warm up, at least double digits! I will get some pics posted for sure :yesnod:
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

cheap

Just had to say hi,,, I have been lurking here once in a while and finally registerd... I have enjoyed several of the members posts and even learned a thing or two...I have a 72 Charger Rallye that has been under contruction for the past 22 years {Ha! Ha!} at least that what my wife says... Have always liked the long nose style ...Hopefully it will be done someday.....

Will post some pics when i can figure the new camera out.... :icon_smile_big:

cheap

Motorcity Muscle

Um, just a question.  Is anyone who owns a new Charger (albeit SRT) unwelcome here?

mikepmcs

Absolutely you are welcome here!!!!

There are definitely some people on here that don't care for them and members on here that own them too.

By all means, jump in and join the fun.  You will have a blast and just might find yourself wanting a 1-3rd generation charger as well. :icon_smile_big:

:wave:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Troy

Quote from: Motorcity Muscle on March 18, 2007, 12:32:28 AM
Um, just a question.  Is anyone who owns a new Charger (albeit SRT) unwelcome here?
That depends on who you ask and what sort of mood they are in... ;)

Primarily, this site is geared towards the first 3 generations of the Charger (1966-1967, 1968-1970, and 1971-1974) but other Mopars are certainly welcome (and even some non-Mopars). Most all of the technical information applies to those years as well. This site (through its predecessor) has been around since before Dodge decided to name their new sedan. All of our members here have a strong interest in the "classic" Dodge Charger but you'll find that some embrace the "new" Charger and some are pretty vocal about it being a disgrace. I suppose the safest approach is to not get into any conversations comparing the two. :D

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Wheels of Terror

Quote from: Troy on March 18, 2007, 10:00:09 AM
Quote from: Motorcity Muscle on March 18, 2007, 12:32:28 AM
That depends on who you ask and what sort of mood they are in... ;)

Primarily, this site is geared towards the first 3 generations of the Charger (1966-1967, 1968-1970, and 1971-1974) but other Mopars are certainly welcome (and even some non-Mopars). Most all of the technical information applies to those years as well. This site (through its predecessor) has been around since before Dodge decided to name their new sedan. All of our members here have a strong interest in the "classic" Dodge Charger but you'll find that some embrace the "new" Charger and some are pretty vocal about it being a disgrace. I suppose the safest approach is to not get into any conversations comparing the two. :D

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Troy

Nothing wrong with 425 horses under the hood(SRT8). The front facsia looks mean.  Welcome aboard, Motor City Muscle!!!!!!!
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

learical1

Greetings!
I'm Bruce Lear.  With my brother, Bill, we used to own a Hemi Charger 500 4 speed, 68 Hemi Charger R/T 727, and 4 SuperBirds.  They've all been sold off long ago, (24 + years) :image_294343: but as old age creeps in, I'm reverting to my childhood and hanging out a a few MoPar boards.  (We owned many other hi-po Mopars, too.) Obviously, I'll be spending most of my time on the Aero cars section, making cranky statements as I'm a cranky old man.  Nice meeting all of you! (p.s. don't own anything interesting to drive now.) :wave:
Bruce

The70RT

Quote from: learical1 on March 22, 2007, 09:27:37 AM
Greetings!
I'm Bruce Lear.  With my brother, Bill, we used to own a Hemi Charger 500 4 speed, 68 Hemi Charger R/T 727, and 4 SuperBirds.  They've all been sold off long ago, (24 + years) :image_294343: but as old age creeps in, I'm reverting to my childhood and hanging out a a few MoPar boards.  (We owned many other hi-po Mopars, too.) Obviously, I'll be spending most of my time on the Aero cars section, making cranky statements as I'm a cranky old man.  Nice meeting all of you! (p.s. don't own anything interesting to drive now.) :wave:

Welcome. That is too bad about your cars. I bet one cost more than what you sold them all for. :pity:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

learical1

Oh, yeah, sold the last 3 (Hemi 500, 70 Challenger Hemi 4 spd, and 440 4 bbl 727 SuperBird I converted to a Hemi) in Jan '83 to a guy that was in town for Barrett-Jackson.  Made good money for the time, but.......
Bruce

6pkrunner

Quote from: learical1 on March 22, 2007, 01:33:53 PM
Oh, yeah, sold the last 3 (Hemi 500, 70 Challenger Hemi 4 spd, and 440 4 bbl 727 SuperBird I converted to a Hemi) in Jan '83 to a guy that was in town for Barrett-Jackson.  Made good money for the time, but.......

Did they look anything like these?

learical1

Yeah, I believe those photos do look fairly familiar.  BTW, you're free to throw them in next year's poster. 
Bruce

6pkrunner

Made good money for the time, but.......

Do I hear that......... :icon_smile_sad:

The70RT

Quote from: 6pkrunner on March 23, 2007, 08:41:42 AM
Made good money for the time, but.......

Do I hear that......... :icon_smile_sad:

Like they say - coulda - woulda - shoulda  :icon_smile_sad:

6pkrunner

Quote from: The70RT on March 23, 2007, 11:20:01 AM

Yeah, there are a few I wish I had back, but the old ragtop is top on the list. Lot of great times in her. Frigger ran like a scalded cat.

aussiemuscle

G'day mates,
I just registered because i love the dodge charger. its my favourite US Muscle car. I don't own one, but i would'nt mind having one. I used to own a Chrysler Charger (australian charger!) a few years ago.
Yes i am australian. lol

The70RT

Welcome mate. Hope you find another one :yesnod:

Khyron

With todays prices, the saying should be 'cuda -woulda - shoulda ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

The70RT

Quote from: Khyron on April 02, 2007, 09:41:26 PM

With todays prices, the saying should be 'cuda -woulda - shoulda ;)

Or a couple of those 71's your buddy sold!

charger Downunder

Quote from: aussiemuscle on April 02, 2007, 08:44:25 PM
G'day mates,
I just registered because i love the dodge charger. its my favourite US Muscle car. I don't own one, but i would'nt mind having one. I used to own a Chrysler Charger (australian charger!) a few years ago.
Yes i am australian. lol

Welcome good to have another Aussie on board.
Steve
[/quote]

Lee01

Hi All!

I been in Charger since...well al my live, but mainly in 1/24 scale :eyes:, and mainly because of the General Lee :yesnod:, still I havent own one real Charger yet, but this should change within a month or so!! I'm getting a 68 R/T, well hopefully its a real R/T.

I always love those car and now 51 cars later, i'm getthing one!

Happy to be registered and hope I have a chance to meet other fellow in Qc or even further with the same interest!

Cheer :2thumbs:

Current ride:
2012 Boss 302 YB #0664
2018 WRX
2018 Crosstrek
2004 SRT-4
WTB 68-69 Charger

green rt

Well here I am.  After doing a google search for mopars, I finally found my new home ;D.....I was on the other web site back in 2003. I was/am still working on my 68 Charger RT 440 car. I see many names on here of people that helped me get my car running back then. I know that there are lots of friends and great amount info on this site. I haven't really touched my car since I got it running, had a new job, moved away and then moved back after 6 months, so I'm really not unpacked yet, but I'll get there. I'm going to work on it this summer and get out to show it off. Again, thanks for the wonderful site, I'll be on here often, asking questions and hopefully helping out my fellow mopar friends with there questions. Sincerely, green rt