News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Welcome to DodgeCharger.com

Started by Troy, July 18, 2005, 01:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

almerkel

Ghoste

Which looks great by the way.  Nice color. ;)

mcduck

Greetings all!

Have recently started a full restoration on a '68 Charger R/T 440 Magnum that I bought from my uncle several years ago.  Based on the VIN and build sheet I found under the rear bench, it is definitely a 440 R/T.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone.  Probably will be spending lots of time here in the coming months as I slowly rebuild my car.

4402tuff4u

Welcome aboard!! Just finished my 68 R/T restoration on mine, and this site is the right place to be for that endeavor. Many members here know these Charger's better than the designers that originally put these magnificent cars together, and more importantly are willing to give a hand to a fellow Charger owner or enthusiast!! When you get a chance we would love to see your Charger. Later, Mike. :wave:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

mcduck

Thanks, Mike!  Any pics of your finished restoration?

Is there a subforum for restoration projects?  I'd be interested in seeing the process others have gone through in restoring their Chargers.  Similarly, I'll probably keep a log and photo journal of my resto as it progresses. 

I think a specific subforum for that would be quite helpful... there is plenty of sections, it appears, which could be referenced on specific mechanics of a restoration, but not one to discuss the process.

4402tuff4u

Quote from: mcduck on September 06, 2006, 09:45:03 AM

Is there a subforum for restoration projects?  I'd be interested in seeing the process others have gone through in restoring their Chargers.  Similarly, I'll probably keep a log and photo journal of my resto as it progresses. 

I think a specific subforum for that would be quite helpful... there is plenty of sections, it appears, which could be referenced on specific mechanics of a restoration, but not one to discuss the process.

I just got the Charger back this past Thursday from my mechanic. He fired up the total restored and blue printed 440. My 440 has INDY EZ heads with an Engle cam and JE pistons. I just can't believe the awesome power I felt just taking it for a ride. If you look at the engine it looks all stock. I had to manipulate and make very small modifications to the A/C brackets and air filter to make it look stock. But when you hit the gas pedal, is far from stock!!  :devil: I'll have pictures this Friday when I pick it up from the body/paint shop. I took it back there for final buffing and take care of some self inflicted scratches  :flame:. My hat goes of to Chryco Psyco who basically worked with me to put this engine together, he's been very patient with me - his knowledge is awesome.  :bow:  We have other members here too that know as much and helped me out too! I lucked out and found/bought my number matching 68 R/T from a private collector in Georgia that was going to restored it but lost interest. It's a California car. I have the California title. What's the original color on yours? I have tons of pictures. One very important tip, before you take anything apart take of picture of everything, it will make things much easier to put together - trust me on this one. It might a very minor thing that you will say, "I know how that goes together, I'll skip the picture thing" - don't. Try this link for some of my Charger resto pic's.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,12883.0.html

SeattleCharger

Beautiful looking car.  That engine sounds awesome.    How much do those heads run in dough?  and how much hp do you think the difference is over stock heads with nice cam and pistons?  thanks, Nate   

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

4402tuff4u

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on September 06, 2006, 11:03:46 AM

Beautiful looking car.  That engine sounds awesome.    How much do those heads run in dough?  and how much hp do you think the difference is over stock heads with nice cam and pistons?  thanks, Nate   

I'm at work and dont have the receipt with me, but I think the heads alone were in the $ 2,200 range from Muscle Motor Racing in LAnsing, MI - good guys to deal with. With all the upgrades, I'm guessing 100 hp. The engine experts here might have a better idea. Eventually I'm going to dyno her. It's a night and day difference thou!!! I have to remember to take it easy for the first 500 miles, so I really have not gotten on her yet. I left a 186 foot skid just hitting the gas pedal with no brakes and got off her cause I was running out of street.

mcduck

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on September 06, 2006, 10:07:48 AM

I just got the Charger back this past Thursday from my mechanic. He fired up the total restored and blue printed 440. My 440 has INDY EZ heads with an Engle cam and JE pistons. I just can't believe the awesome power I felt just taking it for a ride. If you look at the engine it looks all stock. I had to manipulate and make very small modifications to the A/C brackets and air filter to make it look stock. But when you hit the gas pedal, is far from stock!!  :devil: I'll have pictures this Friday when I pick it up from the body/paint shop. I took it back there for final buffing and take care of some self inflicted scratches  :flame:. My hat goes of to Chryco Psyco who basically worked with me to put this engine together, he's been very patient with me - his knowledge is awesome.  :bow:  We have other members here too that know as much and helped me out too! I lucked out and found/bought my number matching 68 R/T from a private collector in Georgia that was going to restored it but lost interest. It's a California car. I have the California title. What's the original color on yours? I have tons of pictures. One very important tip, before you take anything apart take of picture of everything, it will make things much easier to put together - trust me on this one. It might a very minor thing that you will say, "I know how that goes together, I'll skip the picture thing" - don't. Try this link for some of my Charger resto pic's.

Great looking Charger, Mike!  I hope to be as far along as you are now by summer of next year.  I wish I had taken pics of mine, but its already apart.  I have a few pics, but not enough to be any sort of reassembly guideline.  I do have the '68 shop manual, though.  I'll have to get back to you on the color.  I checked that code on my fender tag, but it's been a while since I checked it and I honestly don't remember.  I want to say white or beige or some other light color with a red/maroon interior and R/T stripe delete.  Once I track down the broadcast sheet in my closet, I'll post up some more details and 'current' photos in a new thread tracking my progress.

As for the heads you put on your RT, do you provide cores for them to work on or are they a straight replacement head?  My motor appears to be numbers matching throughout and I'd prefer they rework the correct heads rather than replace them.

4402tuff4u

Quote from: mcduck on September 07, 2006, 11:48:25 AM
Quote from: 4402tuff4u on September 06, 2006, 10:07:48 AM

Great looking Charger, Mike!  I hope to be as far along as you are now by summer of next year.  I wish I had taken pics of mine, but its already apart.  I have a few pics, but not enough to be any sort of reassembly guideline.  I do have the '68 shop manual, though.  I'll have to get back to you on the color.  I checked that code on my fender tag, but it's been a while since I checked it and I honestly don't remember.  I want to say white or beige or some other light color with a red/maroon interior and R/T stripe delete.  Once I track down the broadcast sheet in my closet, I'll post up some more details and 'current' photos in a new thread tracking my progress.

As for the heads you put on your RT, do you provide cores for them to work on or are they a straight replacement head?  My motor appears to be numbers matching throughout and I'd prefer they rework the correct heads rather than replace them.

No the heads are totally replacement. Indy's are aluminum no core needed for exchange. Since my motor and tranny is all number matching with the Charger, I did'nt want to work the heads and even if I did, I figured let me put that money for the head work towards a set of new heads, so I removed the stock heads and shelf them for future use if need be. Also the Charger lost some significant weight with the other upgrades. Even the alternator is date coded correct! I lucked out. Oh, my Charger is also stripe delete, but I'm thinking of adding the decal stripes that I can eventually remove if I want to. :yesnod:

mcduck

hehehe... I think our cars may be twins, Mike.  I'm getting to post details in my other thread, but I have mostly decoded my car tonight... all numbers matching except for two items (distributor has been replaced and have not located intake to verify yet)... everything else is original, even the radiator!  And, my car is also a stripe delete car.... white car/red interior/stripe delete.

taylaner

hi everyone....

im a new member of this ultra super cool site   :icon_smile_big: 

i live in Turkey and i dont have charger  :'( :'( :'(  but it is my dream to buy one(69 dodge charger ) and restore it.

it is realy hard to get muscle cars in Turkey  :'(  but i will not give up till i have one...

sorry for my english  :angel:

and hello again to everyone.....

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Charger_Fan

Welcome to the site, your english is fine. :yesnod:

Good luck with your Charger search. :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

SeattleCharger

Welcome, good luck with your search also.    That would be something, huh,  to drive around Istanbul in a '69 Charger.   I haven't been to Turkey, but figured that be would an interesting place to visiit. 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

73Charger

Thanks so much for continuing this site.  I can't say enough for how much support I have received with my Charger due to this.   ;D
1973 Charger SE 318 060 over, edel 1405, added elec choke, Mallory CD Ignition, Hdrs, to Dual Ravin Exhaust, Go-Wing
Restoring for cruising. I drive her during the summer.

rusty lee

Im sure my project charger will bring me to this site often.

old man

Thanks for putting this site together. I found it in my desperate search for a 66 or 67 Charger for my wife. I had one but we decided to buy another that was almost done. We found one and it is now in body shop for new paint. It will fit nicely with our Challenger T/A, Little Red and 73 Duster. The Charger and the little Red are the wifes and she drives them, I mean drives them. :flame: I look forward to chatting with everyone here and meeting some in person at the shows and events. Hey they are all drivers no tralier queens at our house.
70 Challenger T/A, 66 Charger 440, 73 Duster 340,79 Little Red Express

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

oldkimmer

Hello Troy......oldkimmer here.....I have a suggestion that seems to have caught on at BBD. I donated an item(new or used), that we auctioned off to the highest bidder.  That way u can bid knowing that all procedes go to the site that we frequent very often for upkeep. Most of us would be lost without this site. I commend u .Keep up the good work. Thank U Troy for the wonderful site...............Kim
Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lostsheep_01

I know that it's been said (REPEATEDLY) but I just found this site today and am so excited, I can hardly contain myself! Thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to all involved in keeping this together!
69 Charger 383
MoPar.  You're either with us or behind us!

Charger41971

Newbie here. Y'all got room for one more?    :icon_smile_big:  I see some familiar names from other boards.    :laugh:   I'll drop in from time to time if y'all don't mind. ;)

Tim
'71 Charger McCandless-built 383/727/3.55 SG (sons)
'06 2500 CTD

Lostsheep_01

69 Charger 383
MoPar.  You're either with us or behind us!

Troy

Welcome to all the new folks and welcome back to all the old ones who got lost! :wave:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.