News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar Project / Parts Collection

Started by Shakey, February 11, 2008, 08:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Can't Say Where This Place Is - Should I Still Post the Photos?

Yes - Post 'em Up
No - Don't Tease

Shakey

A while back I was traveling on business and came across a really cool collection of Mopars.  I stopped in and spoke with the owner and he said I could wander the property and take all the photos I wanted.  I was in awe at all of the muscle cars he had there not to mention all the parts he had removed and stashed on shelves and racks around the grounds.

I have not seen a collection like this since I was at Darryl Finch's place last year (you can read more about that here:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,24995.0.html ) but I'll admit these cars were pretty rusty compared to the ones in Southern California.  I ended up spending about 2.5 hours there.  I bought a tinted vent glass, sat in the shade sipping lemonade, shootin' the breeze with the old guy for an hour or so as he told me stories about some of the cars in the yard. 

I tell him about how I have traveled a bit and have seen some pretty cool salvage yards across the country and I enjoy sharing the photos with others.  He said he had no problem with me posting photos however he was not keen on everyone knowing where his collection of cars and parts were.

Of course I am able to post photos however I have been asked not to disclose his location - so should I post the photos anyways?

I am pretty sure I know the answer but I don't want anyone to get upset thinking that I am just teasing.

Brock Samson

go ahead,..
I have photos of the rare and elusive ModTop Daytona, I was asked not to post them, and so i won't.
(i'd sure like to though) 

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TruckDriver

Post them up :yesnod:  That way Cody has a good reason to drive his post count up. :D
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

runninhorn

rare69

OK, but be gentle, just post a few each day for a week.

tan top

yep post  them up  :popcrn:   .........:scope: ......... but  not sure if i got this right  .... did the owner of the yard  say OK to sharing  photos ????
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Rack

Might as well post 'em up. Anyone that might get lucky and recognize the area probably already knows about this particular salvage yard anyway. And I'm sure they'll respect the guy's wishes and not post the location.

Shakey

Quote from: tan top on February 12, 2008, 04:21:24 AM
yep post  them up  :popcrn:   .........:scope: ......... but  not sure if i got this right  .... did the owner of the yard  say OK to sharing  photos ????

QuoteHe said he had no problem with me posting photos however he was not keen on everyone knowing where his collection of cars and parts were.

In the end I can do whatever I please however he and I got along pretty good so I'll keep my word.

Shakey

Quote from: Rack on February 12, 2008, 05:07:00 AM
Might as well post 'em up. Anyone that might get lucky and recognize the area probably already knows about this particular salvage yard anyway. And I'm sure they'll respect the guy's wishes and not post the location.

He was pretty adamant about not posting his location and what you had stated is one of my concerns.  If someone does know this place I would hope, as you had stated, that they keep it to themselves. 

It not so much to protect him from the members of this website but the guests we have here on a daily basis.  We don't know who they are and what they're capable of.

hemihead

But if it is a Salvage Yard business , and you bought a part there , why afraid of posting the location ?  :scratchchin:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

bill440rt

Quote from: hemihead on February 12, 2008, 07:24:56 AM
But if it is a Salvage Yard business , and you bought a part there , why afraid of posting the location ?  :scratchchin:

That's what I'm thinking.
If he's a salvage yard in the BUSINESS of SELLING parts, why wouldn't he want anyone to know where he is??  :slap:  :shruggy:
That's FREE advertising for his business!!

Now, if this guy had just a PRIVATE collection & he sold you a few small things, well that's a different story.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Shakey

Quote from: bill440rt on February 12, 2008, 07:43:30 AM
Quote from: hemihead on February 12, 2008, 07:24:56 AM

That's what I'm thinking.
If he's a salvage yard in the BUSINESS of SELLING parts, why wouldn't he want anyone to know where he is??  :slap:  :shruggy:
That's FREE advertising for his business!!

Now, if this guy had just a PRIVATE collection & he sold you a few small things, well that's a different story.

Quotehad just a PRIVATE collection & he sold you a few small things

That's the message I was trying to convey.  He is the one who told me his property is not a salvage yard.  Without re-reading my few posts, I don't think I called it a salvage yard either.

Anyways, he doesn't advertise in the local yellow pages or on the www.  The reason he doesn't advertise is that he gets very tired of "tire kickers" who stop by or call him on the phone, ask for a part and a price only to call him every name in the book and stomp away in anger or hang up in frustration 'cause they don't like the price he has given them.  It seems that a lot of folks in this hobby seem to think that a fellow Mopar guy should be pleased to give away his parts to "save another one". 

He is a one man show who buys the cars, takes the phone calls, removes the parts and ships them.  He also has some very desirable cars and parts there and doesn't want "midnight shoppers" stopping by helping themselves.  He makes a modest living doing what he loves and is not that interested in being "really busy".  What can I tell ya - these are his words.

As mentioned, it's not you folks I am concerned about, it's the lurkers and guests that we know nothing about, but I think I already covered that as well.

runninhorn

Blown70

He is a one man show who buys the cars, takes the phone calls, removes the parts and ships them.  He also has some very desirable cars and parts there and doesn't want "midnight shoppers" stopping by helping themselves.  He makes a modest living doing what he loves and is not that interested in being "really busy".  What can I tell ya - these are his words.

As mentioned, it's not you folks I am concerned about, it's the lurkers and guests that we know nothing about, but I think I already covered that as well.

This is a big problem for most yard.  People like to help themselves.  I say post them with a WARNING that you will not and cannot post the location.  You are keeping your word and the is important.
:Twocents:

dukeboy_318

Quote from: Blown70 on February 12, 2008, 10:51:27 AM

This is a big problem for most yard.  People like to help themselves.  I say post them with a WARNING that you will not and cannot post the location.  You are keeping your word and the is important.
:Twocents:

:iagree: i voted to show the pics but please nobody post the guys location if you know that way shakey doesnt get screwed(if he posts pics that is)
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

Charger_Fan

I can respect the guy's privacy, don't post the pics.
Besides, if you were sippin' lemonade, chances are you were nowhere near Utah, so I have no intentions of seeking him out anyway. :icon_smile_tongue:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

hemihead

I guess he is in the business of selling parts but not a business .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

GeneralLeeTESH

I think it is GEORGE Barris  !!!    :scratchchin:
The TESH

41husk

Shakey, I vote post them, And thanks for the pics of the yard in South Carolina.  I am sending Roger a check today.  I finaly have the chrome trim I have been searching for for over a year!!! :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

gts95

So are we ever going to get to see the pics?  :drool5:  :icon_smile_big:

C_stripes

I would also love to see pics and I also respect that the owner does not want his whereabouts mentioned.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

69bronzeT5

Well he said pics are fine to post, just no location. :popcrn:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69charger2002

yeah no kidding. a tease poll that ended 44-5. then 2 weeks goes by and the thread all but disappears.. come on shake-ster   :RantExplode:
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Shakey

Quote from: 41husk on February 13, 2008, 01:02:40 PM
Shakey, I vote post them, And thanks for the pics of the yard in South Carolina.  I am sending Roger a check today.  I finaly have the chrome trim I have been searching for for over a year!!! :cheers:

Good to hear!   :2thumbs: