News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sunset at the North Pole pic.

Started by MorePwr, February 11, 2008, 07:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy Larry

I was fortunate enough to spend time in Antarctica and the North Pole. The sun sets and sunrises were amazing. I spent an Antarctic summer down there for a few months back in 1999-2000 - the sun never set for almost two months, Daylight 24/7. It was really amazing.

I wish I had a digital camera at the time, I would have taken more pictures. here are some that I still have.

Both places were amazing.

PocketThunder

Quote from: MorePwr on February 14, 2008, 11:54:04 PM
Something I found a few years back while looking for info on my snowcat that I thought was interesting to keep in my favorites file for this long.  a first hand perspective on a very tough place.... the north.  it's cold up there!!!!

http://www.thuleforum.com/wayne_leland_kanorr_1.htm

Good Read!!  "did i mention that it was COLD!"  :smilielol:   :smilielol:   :smilielol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Rolling_Thunder

Nice Adelie penguins...      My dad said him and his buddies trued to catch an emperor penguin but couldn't hold on to it...     slippery when wet i guess...      :RantExplode:             I'll see if i can find some of the photos my pops took when he was down there...     I remeber him showing this picture where some guy put a frozen seal on top of the McMurdo Station sign...      :scratchchin:

My dad was down there in 1979 when Flight 901 Crashed down there...        not exactly a fun time to work there so i hear...   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip