News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TTi with Flowmaster question

Started by CB, February 11, 2008, 05:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB

considering to buy a full TTi system.
does anyone run Flowmasters on their TTi system?
does it need work to fit the mufflers?
how's the sound compared to a stock system?
thanks a lot
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Brock Samson

i got the full three inch TTIs with the flows,... as the blurb says...

Setting Off Car Alarms and Scarin Ricers Since 1984...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6N5xm-F_st8

sorry the vid's so short the battery was nearly dead,..
you should'a seen the awesome burnout i did out of the school yard and up the hill! 

Goldfinger71

Brock'
That was the biggest tease....Could we get more video :icon_smile_question:(LOL!) :rofl:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

CB

so Brock, no adjustments made if you take the Flowmasters instead of the Dynomax?
thanks
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

bill440rt

I have the 2-1/2" tti setup with Flowmasters as well. If I remember correctly, I had to cut a few inches off the pipes for the Flowmasters. They are a little longer than the Dynamaxes, I believe. Maybe 2" or so.

They sound great, except at around 40mph when you feel like your head is gonna explode.  :RantExplode:  They resonate at that speed in my car, auto w/3:55 gears. At greater speeds, they quiet down some. It sounds great from OUTSIDE the car, though.

I think I'm gonna stick with the Dynamax muffllers when it comes time on my '69. I hear they don't resonate so much, sound good, & flow better.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

69chargeryeehaa

Quote from: bill440rt on February 12, 2008, 07:52:40 AM
I have the 2-1/2" tti setup with Flowmasters as well. If I remember correctly, I had to cut a few inches off the pipes for the Flowmasters. They are a little longer than the Dynamaxes, I believe. Maybe 2" or so.

They sound great, except at around 40mph when you feel like your head is gonna explode.  :RantExplode:  They resonate at that speed in my car, auto w/3:55 gears. At greater speeds, they quiet down some. It sounds great from OUTSIDE the car, though.

I think I'm gonna stick with the Dynamax muffllers when it comes time on my '69. I hear they don't resonate so much, sound good, & flow better.
:Twocents:

I went with the 2.5" full TTi system with stock HP manifolds on my 69 charger r/t, and they sound awesome.  Having had a 2.5" system with flowmasters and headman headders on my old 69 charger, i fully know the "drone" issue with the flowmasters.  They sound great but at about 45-55+mph (where i drive the car alot) they drove me crazy, and gave me a instant headache.
I find the dynomax mufflers (that came with the tti system) a good alternative to the flowmasters.  They are still plenty loud and rumble great, but they are quieter than the flowmasters, but do bark when you give it.....plus i can actually talk to my wife when i'm driving.....actually maybe that's not a good thing!!!! :scratchchin: :brickwall: :eek2: :smilielol: 

Brock Samson

firefighter Ron recommends the dnyoflows over the flow masters and i'd go with his recommendations if i had it to do over again,..
also i have a crossover and nowadays the x-pipe is recommended so i'd go that route too,.. the TTIs are an awsome perfect fit but they are expensive i want to put them on the road runner with the dynos and the x-pipe but the cost is tru the roof... when they quoted me a price i very nearly dropped the phone, i had to say I'll have get back to ya'..  :P

CB

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 12, 2008, 11:40:36 AM
firefighter Ron recommends the dnyoflows over the flow masters and i'd go with his recommendations if i had it to do over again,..
also i have a crossover and nowadays the x-pipe is recommended so i'd go that route too,.. the TTIs are an awsome perfect fit but they are expensive i want to put them on the road runner with the dynos and the x-pipe but the cost is tru the roof... when they quoted me a price i very nearly dropped the phone, i had to say I'll have get back to ya'..  :P

So the price has gone up that much lately? Or is the X-system more expensive?
I expect ~1500 for the complete set with tips. Am I far off?

Well I like the sound of the Flowmasters and even endure the drone (ran them on my ex-69 with 383). I hear it all the time, Dynomax is better then the Flowmasters.  :-\
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500