News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Odd cylinder heads

Started by Brad, February 22, 2008, 06:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad

I was just wondering if anyone has ever seen a cast iron cylinder head for a V8 that has the intake ports stacked horizontally. A friend of mine found two sets of these odd heads and we are trying to figure out what they are from. They have closed chambers and smaller valves. 2 valves per cylinder. Large style spark plugs and looks like shaft mounted rockers. There are no long part numbers, just 0609 inside valve cover area. I will try to get pictures posted tommorrow. I hope someone has seen something like this.

Rob R

Brad

I just researched the Buick nailhead and these heads are not like that. When I say that the intakes are horizontal I mean they are laid over with one on top of the other instead of standing up side by side.

Rob R

Yep...that's a buick head or possibly olds

beedees

NOT one of Ferds' better ideers.....Y-block.

chargerbr549

The only ones I can recall that are like that are the 272,292,312 Fords that came in the 50's and early 60's pickups and cars, I get to work on them every once in a while.

Kevin

Rob R

I'm pretty sure thats an early 50's buick head...I ported a pair a couple of years ago and spent about 20 hours on them... ::)

do the heads have this configuration
http://www.buicks.net/shop/reference/blown_buick.html

Brad

The configuration of the heads is not like the nailhead. exhaust side is different, plugs below ports and valvecover angle is different. I am now going to check the y-block ford. I thought for a while that it was early olds rocket, but that ended up wrong also.

Brad

I want to thank everyone for your help. We have a winner! The heads are 1960 Ford or Mercury 292 or 312 2barrel heads.