News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Changing the fan shroud: what else?

Started by WM23N1G1, February 11, 2008, 07:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should I get to make her operate at a good temperature range?

new fan shroud, fan, and temperature gauge
1 (20%)
a new fan shroud, fan, and temperature gauge, and get the radiator be re-cored with one more row
2 (40%)
change everything to put a 26'' radiator
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

WM23N1G1

Hi,

on my Bee, the fan shroud and fan are shot.

As I saw this thread, I said to myself: perfect!
Bill Allphin confirmed his fan shroud is made to fit on my #3443962 radiator. The problem is the radiator is a simple core, with a little one in front for the engine oil:

The car left the factory with a 383 and a A833 (unknow rear axle). It now sports a souped up 440 and a 3.91 741. The temperature gauge never worked, so I never worried about the temperature :eek2:

(except it was hot as hell in this car), but... reading the original shop manual now make me want to get things work as they should.

In a few weeks, I'll get a 3.73, but I don't think it will change much. I'll get a new temperature gauge, and a fan for sure.

Do you think I should :
- get a new fan shroud, fan, and temperature gauge
- get a new fan shroud, fan, and temperature gauge, and get the radiator be re-cored with one more row
- change everything to put a 26'' radiator.

I thought everything was welded, but there are lots of bolts:

Is it something easy, or a pain in the neck?

WM23N1G1

Hi,

took a decision: I will use a new fan shroud, new temp sending unit, and new viscous fan package.
If I still have money, I will get my 22'' recored, with 2 more rows.