News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Our oldest dog passed away

Started by General_01, February 09, 2008, 04:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_01

On January 31st, I came home from a soccer coaches meeting and found out our oldest dog Tiger passed away. He was 16 years old. He was sleeping alot and it was getting hard for him to get around, so it wasn't unexpected. I gave Tiger to my wife as a Valentine's day present back in 1993, so she was and is still a bit sad. Here is a pic of what a 16 year old dog looks like. This pic was taken about a week before he died.

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

BigBlockSam

i'm so sorry .  r.i.p. Tiger . we lost our dog two yrs ago . i know how you feel . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

General_01

Thank you. We will miss him, but we have 2 other dogs helping to ease the pain. Here are Jaguar(15 year old poodle) and Copper(2 year old Sheltie) to help us out. Our daughters Cathy and Cindy are holding them.

496 stroker
4-speed

leeandgrant

Best wishes to you and your family. Losing a dog is like losing a family member. Lost our German Sheperd six years ago way too early. Glad we have these two stinkers.

1968 318 Charger
1969 440 General Lee
1970 440/4speed Super Bee clone Project
1968 383 Charger project
1969 charger parts car
1977 Plymouth Trailduster
2003 Dodge Hemi Ram
2009 Dodge Charger Super Bee SRT
2000 Dodge dually diesel

70charginglizard

Sorry to hear that.

I had some pretty close calls with my buddy pretty recently. Was happy to find out it wasn't anything to worry about.

Again. My regrets.
70charginglizard

skip68

Sorry for your loss! :'( Losing a pet is terribly difficult, especially when you have kids too! My cat is about 12 years old, so I know he's probably not gonna be around too long. :'( Sent a prayer for you guys! :engel016:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Charger_Fan

Looks like Tiger had cataracts too. My Mom had a Collie with those, it was tough for him to get around sometimes.
Sorry to hear he died, it's never something that's fun to deal with.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

71ChallengeHer

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

69charger2002

dang dude sorry to hear that. what kind of dog was tiger? looks like a maltese/poodle mix?
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

General_01

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on February 09, 2008, 11:13:49 PM
Looks like Tiger had cataracts too. My Mom had a Collie with those, it was tough for him to get around sometimes.
Sorry to hear he died, it's never something that's fun to deal with.

Yes he did have cataracts. He was getting around the house by smell and walking next to known items like the couch. As long as you left his bowls alone he always found his food and water.

Quote from: 69charger2002 on February 09, 2008, 11:22:58 PM
dang don sorry to hear that. what kind of dog was tiger? looks like a maltese/poodle mix?
trav

He was just your average toy poodle. Had long hind legs though.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes. The girls are taking it well. We had Tiger cremated and picked his ashes up at the vet today. Here is another pic of him with my wife Julie. My oldest daughter was taking pics of him like mad the last couple of weeks. 
496 stroker
4-speed

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

400/6/PAC

Charger-Bodie

Very sorry to hear about the loss of youre dog.

thats the bad thing about pets they never live long enough.  :'(

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

remta1

MSRacing89

Also very sorry to hear about the loss.  We still miss our Logan 1 year after her death :( can't wait to see her again.
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.

69_500

Still miss my dog that passed away 6 years ago now. Even though me and the wife have a 7 year old dog, and 3 cats that range in age between 10-12 years old. You never forget the ones that have passed on.

General_01

Thank you again to everyone. Your well wishes are greatly appreciated. My daughters take comfort in knowing that he is not alone and is playing with Cougar and Daisy. These were two dogs we had before. When we had Cindy, our youngest, my parents helped us out by taking Cougar and Daisy for us. The girls got to see them when Grandpa and Grandma visited. Both of those dogs have passed away since that time. I still miss those dogs too. :'(
496 stroker
4-speed