News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fuel starvation perhaps?

Started by 70charginglizard, January 13, 2008, 04:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charginglizard

I noticed when I took my charger out on the 1st of the year it started having a bit of an issue at start up.
Started up fine at first but after I drove it up north for a while and stopped to get some breakfast and when I came outto go it had a real hard time getting started again. I just figured that I flooded the carb so I took the air filter off and let it breath for a whiile and then it started up and made it home.

Well I went to start it up this morning and I can't get her to go now. I feels like she's actually fuel starved. It just turns over and over and occationally tries to light up when I push and hold the gas but when I let off she just goes back to starter only.

I pulled the fuel line off the carb and checked to see if she's getting fuel out the line there and she is. Checked for spark and she's getting spark.

You guys think the fuel filter might be plugged partially causing her to make it push thru some fuel but not enough? It's a clear filter and I can see the fuel running thru it.

Here we go again.... 
70charginglizard

70charginglizard

Well it's not the fuel filter because I just put a new one on and it's still doing it.

again, its crankin over and trying to light off when I press the gas pedal but as I let off it just goes back to starter cranking only

Fuel Pump maybe?
70charginglizard

BigBlackDodge

You're getting spark while it's cranking to start?............I had this issue.

BBD

70charginglizard

NEVER MIND.....

It was that stupid loose ignition connection at the firewall again.  :-\ :rotz:

She's good.
70charginglizard

70charginglizard

That loose ignition wire (where ever it may be) is really starting to ennoy me.
I can't seem to track down exactly where this problem is.

I was trying to move the car out of the garage today and it started pullin this crap again on me.
I tried messing with the bulkhead connector and it didn't seem to work this time. I did hear a electrical thud sound once when messing with it but still nothing.

So I messed with the steering column connector and it still didn't work. jiggled some more wires on the inside and it finally light off.

I just can't seem to zero in on the source of the problem.  :brickwall: I know it's somewhere on the inside between that firewall bulkhead connection and the steerin column connection but I'm havin a devil of a time finding it.

I guess I'm just gonna have to face the fact that untill I get a new dash harness I'm going to be dealing with this all the time.

I tried disconnecting the steering column harnesses and applying some of that electrical connection goop. (you know, the stiff you use on your spark plug to plug wiires) Hopefully that helps a bit. Well see.

Sorry guys. I know that there isn't much else you all can suggest to help me on this because it's definately an electrical connection issues but I just wanted to rant a bit and you guys know my pain on this better than anyone else.
70charginglizard

charger Downunder

check your wiper linkage it could of rubbed through the wire harnes.
[/quote]

70charginglizard

"I tried disconnecting the steering column harnesses and applying some of that electrical connection goop. (you know, the stiff you use on your spark plug to plug wiires) Hopefully that helps a bit. Well see."

that musta worked because I've been able to start it up twice now after letting it sit around for a couple of weeks at a time and it's lighting up now with no problems.  :2thumbs:
70charginglizard