News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody running Turbo Action shifters?

Started by RECHRGD, February 18, 2008, 04:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

A couple of months back I posted about changing out my B&M shifter for something of better quality and a rear cable hook-up.  I'm tired of never being able to get the shifting adjustments just right for the 727 and having cable issues due to the hook-up being in front and very close to the headers.  It was mentioned that T/A shifters hook-up from the rear.  When going to their web site, it was interesting to note that they have shifters set up just for the Chrysler applications.  Does anybody run these shifters?  Any problems?  Any other makes that may be as good or better for a mostly street driven car?
13.53 @ 105.32

speedfreak68

:popcrn:   I need to pick out a good shifter also!!!

RECHRGD

I went ahead and ordered the T/A unit from Mancini Racing, so don't anybody tell me now that they're a POS. OK :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

MSRacing89

I have it in my charger and love it.  I also installed the console they offer and it made for a nice fit.  They only thing is there is no lighting included in there set-up because it's first intention is for racing.  The cable leaves a lot of options for routing.
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.

RECHRGD

Quote from: MSRacing89 on February 19, 2008, 05:28:13 PM
I have it in my charger and love it. I also installed the console they offer and it made for a nice fit. They only thing is there is no lighting included in there set-up because it's first intention is for racing. The cable leaves a lot of options for routing.

Thanks for the reply!  I'm curious about the neutral safety switch set-up.  Mancini lists a part #70212 for a neutral safety switch.  The salesman said that I wouldn't need the switch because the switch is already in the tranny.  My B&M shifter just has a micro switch in the shifter housing.  I have never had anything that plugged into the tranny socket.  Do I need to go back to a stock set-up?   Thanks, Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

oldkimmer

..............Ive had 1 in the race car 4 20 + years...........there great........kim..........
Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!