News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I wanted my own Charger thread

Started by terrible one, February 08, 2008, 04:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Quote from: skip68 on June 20, 2009, 09:53:05 PM
Find one of our guys in Kansas that is close and will host your car and keep going.   :icon_smile_big:   Chuck.........

I'm sure the Kansas Mafia will hook you up ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

The70RT

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on June 30, 2009, 03:05:34 PM
Find one of our guys in Kansas that is close and will host your car and keep going.   :icon_smile_big:   Chuck.........

I am not sure where in Kansas you are moving to and how long you need to store it, but I maybe can help. BB1 (Ed) sold his so his isn't here anymore.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

Quote from: The70RT on July 09, 2009, 06:40:08 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on June 30, 2009, 03:05:34 PM

I am not sure where in Kansas you are moving to and how long you need to store it, but I maybe can help. BB1 (Ed) sold his so his isn't here anymore.
man that dennis is a good guy and give the kansas mafia a good name   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

tan top

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 30, 2009, 03:02:34 PM
what is that rag joint on the steering gear box from?   :shruggy:

i was looking at that , think its from flaming river or something !!  :scratchchin: :shruggy: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

terrible one

Dennis,

Thanks so much for your generosity. I'll be in McPherson. Where are you? For now I will focus on getting the car up there and will stuff it in my one car garage until I can work something out.

terrible one

Quote from: tan top on July 10, 2009, 06:06:31 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on June 30, 2009, 03:02:34 PM
what is that rag joint on the steering gear box from?   :shruggy:

i was looking at that , think its from flaming river or something !!  :scratchchin: :shruggy: :popcrn:

Yep, it's a flaming river piece. It's a universal joint though, the rag joint is what I took off. Definitely a bit overpriced, but I wanted all the header clearance I could have plus I figured it would take the heat and wear better. Had to cut about an inch or so IIRC from the steering column and drill through for the roll pin, but that's it.

terrible one

:o   Has it been 4 years ?   Damn how time goes by.  Looking real good Jackson.   :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  I remember when you got the car.  For fun, you should post a before picture of when you got it.   :yesnod:   Find one of our guys in Kansas that is close and will host your car and keep going.   :icon_smile_big:   Chuck.........

Here's the only one I could find right now of the day I got it home.  :2thumbs: Great memories!

SeattleCharger

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

The70RT

Quote from: terrible one on July 11, 2009, 10:40:29 AM

Dennis,

Thanks so much for your generosity. I'll be in McPherson. Where are you? For now I will focus on getting the car up there and will stuff it in my one car garage until I can work something out.

Topeka.....I think McPherson is like around 100 miles from here.

BB1

I'm moving to San Diego in 3 weeks, just so ya know. I'd help but I'll be gone.  :drive:

Dennis, is too cool.  :coolgleamA:
Delete my profile

terrible one

Well, just one day before I moved I got the Charger up to the Mufflex to finally get an exhaust system put on there, which turned out awesome! It's getting closer and closer now!

Anyways, here it is at my new place in McPherson, KS where it'll hopefully start up for the first time soon :2thumbs:

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

The70RT

grdprx

How goes work on your Charger?  I saw you were working on an electrical issue.  Give us an update.   :cheers:

terrible one

Hey man thanks for the interest. I went to put the dipstick in a few months back only to find out there was an old broken off, rusted in, painted over tube already in it's place. After a long fight with it and plenty of weeks where I left it alone due to lack of motivation, I just drilled it out. From then on I've just been slowly getting verything else I've needed to make this thing start. Usually just waiting most of he time to make some more money. That's the hold up for sure. But now I am just a radiator, radiator hoses, belt, Battery, and fluids away from starting the engine up and breaking it in. Just hoping nothing goes wrong. After that hopefully I will be pushed to finish up the brakes and interior and be on the road.  :icon_smile_big:

grdprx

Right on man!  Keep it going.  I know totally where your coming from too!  Cash and frustration can get in the way.  I got put off by a simple problem, and put it off; didn't feel like working on it...  Finally kicked my own ass..  :RantExplode:  And got going on it.   Good luck, you'll be on top of the world when it fires up for the first time!    :cheers:

terrible one

Quote from: grdprx on September 13, 2010, 06:31:31 PM
Right on man!  Keep it going.  I know totally where your coming from too!  Cash and frustration can get in the way.  I got put off by a simple problem, and put it off; didn't feel like working on it...  Finally kicked my own ass..  :RantExplode:  And got going on it.   Good luck, you'll be on top of the world when it fires up for the first time!    :cheers:

Yep, that's about the same as my story. It is easy to get into the habit of not working on it, but then it was in the back of my mind all the time. I can't wait for first start  :2thumbs:

Made a good bit of progress since the last picture it looks like haha

grdprx

Looking good man!   :2thumbs:  Looks like your doing real nice, clean work!

RD

wait, did i miss something are you in kansas or ???
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

RD

Quote from: terrible one on September 15, 2010, 10:52:55 AM
Quote from: RD on September 15, 2010, 08:18:50 AM

Yep, I'm here haha  :2thumbs: I'm going to school at McPherson

well by God why didnt you tell me!!!!!  We need to get together and have a beer or two.  drive the cars or something!

and where is your kansas mafia tag? hehe
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

moparstuart

Quote from: RD on September 15, 2010, 11:23:24 AM

well by God why didnt you tell me!!!!!  We need to get together and have a beer or two.  drive the cars or something!

did you swear him in and give him the oath  ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

terrible one

I completely agree! I plan to start the Charger up for the first time in the upcoming weeks and then hopefully I will wrap up the brakes shortly afterward. I would love to get together for sure. Where are you at?

terrible one

Quote from: moparstuart on September 15, 2010, 12:09:22 PM

did you swear him in and give him the oath  ?

Let's do it! haha  :coolgleamA: :popcrn:

RD

Eskridge, Kansas, sw of topeka.

do you solemnly swear to live by the power of the sunflower, praise dorothy as if she is hotter than jennifer beale, and to continue from this day forward to call Arkansas = R-Kansas, so help you God?