News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I wanted my own Charger thread

Started by terrible one, February 08, 2008, 04:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrible one

Almost all of my image hotlinks in this thread are broken so I'm turning this into more of a timeline and uploading any pictures I can find

I'll start with some pictures from the journey home February 11, 2006. I took these with my cell phone in the parking lot of the hotel we stayed at. The last one is the next day, February 12th. That was pretty much my view the whole way home; I could hardly take my eyes off of it.

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Rack

Hey TO, hasn't that giant oil stain been there a while already? Or is it an old pic?  :icon_smile_big:

Looking good. You going with an automatic or manual transmission? I started off wanting to go with an automatic, but I've since changed my mind. Don't know what to do with the 727 now.

skip68

Looking good T-one.  Are you going to have it like the picture, Red with the two black stripes?  If so, that's going to look sweeeeeeeet.  :drool5:   :2thumbs:              Chuck........................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Shakey

dodgecharger-fan

and get the caddy hood away from it. the cooties will infest the Charger.

:rofl:

Just having some fun!
Good progress, Terrible. Keep chugging along.

SeattleCharger

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

terrible one

Rack,

Haha it's not even oil. It was a huge like tar spill, and the tar has since been scraped up (most of it anyways) and left that spot. I'm sure I could get it up somehow, but I'll let it ride. I'm going with an auto tranny (the cost of and time spent finding all of the parts to do a manual tranny weren't worth it to me). Put that 727 on Ebay! $1 listing fees coming up soon for two days.

skip68,

Yeah, it's going to be like the picture paint-wise (of course, not as nice (example: tail panel), but instead of the slots I'm running the Cragar D Windows (just a black steel wheel with D cutouts, who would have thought?) They should look pretty good though. . . perhaps a bit more badass too.  :shruggy:

Shakey,

No.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone.  :2thumbs:

Below, pictures from the Ebay ad: I was young and dumb, bought sight unseen! I'm lucky it was as described.

69bronzeT5

Dont worry about the mess, you should see my car right now..its covered in parts :yesnod:. Good job on the '68 Jackson, keep up the good work.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

skip68

:2thumbs: :cheers:  Black wheels look real good on any Charger.  :yesnod: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:    Chuck..........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

LeeBoy

My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

terrible one

Hey guess what? I bought the car. I own it. If I wanted to, I could load it up with a few bottles of kerosene and throw a match in it. If someone would like to save it from my cruel hands, you can buy it from me. But until then, if I want to have a blanket, a few shop rags, a tail light, some paint, and some painters tape on the car (all of which I had just finished using when I snapped the picture), I will. Oh, can't forget the menacing empty box!

More pictures from the Ebay ad and some additional ones the seller sent via email:

firefighter3931

Quote from: terrible one on February 09, 2008, 11:33:47 AM

Hey guess what? I bought the car. I own it. If I wanted to, I could load it up with a few bottles of kerosene and throw a match in it. If someone would like to save it from my cruel hands, you can buy it from me. But until then, if I want to have a blanket, a few shop rags, a tail light, some paint, and some painters tape (all of which I had just finished using when I snapped the picture), I will. Oh, can't forget the menacing empty box!

:lol: :2thumbs: :cheers:

Keep up the good work Jackson !  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

terrible one

Quote from: firefighter3931 on February 09, 2008, 12:07:36 PM
Quote from: terrible one on February 09, 2008, 11:33:47 AM

Hey guess what? I bought the car. I own it. If I wanted to, I could load it up with a few bottles of kerosene and throw a match in it. If someone would like to save it from my cruel hands, you can buy it from me. But until then, if I want to have a blanket, a few shop rags, a tail light, some paint, and some painters tape (all of which I had just finished using when I snapped the picture), I will. Oh, can't forget the menacing empty box!

:lol: :2thumbs: :cheers:

Keep up the good work Jackson !  :icon_smile_big:

Ron

Thanks buddy!

More of the photos the seller emailed to me:

terrible one

Next chapter, pulling the rear end out and putting in the new 3.55 chunk, brakes, brake lines, blah blah blah. Of course, only after I get the damned drivers side wheel off! Some dumbass didn't know that they were left hand thread and didn't want to give up very soon . . . so you can guess what happened there. Been at it since 3:00 this morning, had to quit since I have class in an hour, but only two more to go!

And here are the last of the pics from the seller:

terrible one

Pictures from the afternoon of February 12, 2006 after getting home I did more exploring and picture taking

terrible one

Well, finally got the slots wrapped up in some tires! Due to the backspacing and still wanting a deep dish I had to go with the 255's and even then they may not make it, but they're a lot cheaper than the 275's and the 295's if they were available. They look BEAUTIFUL! I couldn't find the shank lug nuts locally, and don't even really know what to look for, so I can't bolt them up yet and let the car down but I want to so bad!

Pictures continued:

73ChargerSE

If you've got a Pep Boys where you live I am positive that they will have them.

69*F5*SE

Progress is progress, keep it coming  :2thumbs:

CB

I LOVE them slots  :drool5:  :2thumbs:
Keep up the good work!
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

tan top

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on June 16, 2008, 04:14:24 PM
Progress is progress, keep it coming :2thumbs:

:yesnod: ..........
  slots  :drool5:.................. :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

terrible one

Teasing myself, but I HAD to!

Hopefully it'll be driveable by September. I'm a wiring harness, a few engine accessories, and transmission crossmember short of a drivetrain, and just need calipers, rear drum hardware, and an M/C for the brakes.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

terrible one

It's time to start loading this thread up! I just sold one of my cars, came across a bit of extra money due to receiving a scholarship to the college I'm about to transfer to, and will also get some more income with my tax return. Right now I'm sitting on close to $5,000 in cash, which should be enough to finish my car!

It's hard to even think of where to start, but I suppose I'd like to get my fuel delivery situation hooked up, as well as brakes before the engine and transmission go in.

Therefore,

What is the cheapest source for a replacement gas tank? And the straps? I may also need the j- bolts too.

Also, I've seen a 5/16" sending unit and a 3/8". The engine is a mildly built 383. I figured I would go ahead and go 3/8" but just want to make sure that won't be too much. That being said, where is the cheapest place to find the sending unit as well?

Next, I need the hard lines that go from the back to the front. Sources?

Thanks!

Pictures continued:

WingCharger

Dude, I love your Charger! The paint is going to be mean, and the Slot's look really cool. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: