News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I wanted my own Charger thread

Started by terrible one, February 08, 2008, 04:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69*F5*SE

Things are starting to come together well.   :2thumbs:

terrible one

Been amazingly busy lately and haven't had much time to spend on the Charger, but I did get my Stage II box from Firm Feel put in, as well as the Flaming River coupler. I also put the new sway bar on there as well. Now the drivetrain can go in!  :2thumbs:

Brock Samson

richard pettys 73

KEEP THE PICS COMING   :popcrn:  YOUR CHARGER IS LOOKIN GOOD :yesnod:  :2thumbs:
YES MY NAME REALLY IS RICHARD PETTY
I JUST DONT HAVE HIS CAR......YET

charger_cody

Looks great.

How long did it take to get paint from the time it left your house to the time it got back?

Cody

69bronzeT5

Quote from: charger_cody on April 02, 2009, 05:34:51 PM
Looks great.

How long did it take to get paint from the time it left your house to the time it got back?

Cody

About a day :lol: He pushed it out of his shop, spray painted it and pushed it back in ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

terrible one

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 02, 2009, 05:36:02 PM
Quote from: charger_cody on April 02, 2009, 05:34:51 PM
Looks great.

Cody

About a day :lol: He pushed it out of his shop, spray painted it and pushed it back in ;)

Yes haha he's right he's right!

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,50646.0.html :shruggy:

RAC95054

Quote from: terrible one on February 12, 2009, 11:58:09 PM

Just got an exciting package in today! It's my restored instrument cluster from Mike (lilwendal). Before and after pictures . . .

Mike is the man!  He's done two clusters for me, and I've been please with both.  :2thumbs:
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

Belgium R/T -68

You will be finished long before me, good work. :2thumbs:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

six-tee-nine

Yeah, Mikes clusters look awesome when done.

When you plan to get her on the road? This summer ? You'll gonna love it that i'm sure of...
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

terrible one

Well I've made some pretty good progress lately. I've got the door panels in and the seats in/ mocked up and am now waiting on my floor plugs to come from Bill ( :2thumbs:) which will set off the carpet install and little things in the rest of the interior. I got around to drilling out my '70 transmission crossmember (thanks Brian  :2thumbs:) to 1/2" today so my buddy and I put the transmission from RD ( :2thumbs:) in RIGHT before he had to slip off to work (10 minutes is good for a first time, right?  :lol:) Following of course will be the engine, then it's off to the exhaust shop for the exhaust system, subframe connectors going in, and a small patch on the torsion bar crossmember is going on.

I have about 7 weeks until I move up to Kansas to transfer colleges and I'd like to be able to drive the car up there, so we'll see!

grdprx

Lookin good man!  That steering box is pretty.   :2thumbs:

skip68

:o :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:   Damn T-one,  You have been busy.    :yesnod:    Looks real good.    :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Steve P.

Looking good. It won't be long now... Keep up the good work buddy... Before you know it you will be smiling ear to ear...

:cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

terrible one

Thanks guys,

Tomorrow the driveshaft should go in, followed by final assembly of my engine. Soon afterwards we're dropping in the engine and finishing the interior. After that it's run time!

skip68

:cheers:    :woohoo:   This has been a long journey and it's getting close to play time.   :yesnod:   Well done.   :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Hemidog

Sweet, you're lokeen goood TO! Post lots of pics!  :yesnod:

WingCharger

:drool5: :drool5: Your Charger is one of my favorite '68s period. :yesnod: Are you going to add the body line black stripes like in the photoshop? :scratchchin:

69*F5*SE

terrible one

Thanks for the compliments everyone! WingCharger, I really appreciate that man! I will eventually add the black painted stripes as they are in the Photoshop but that will be after I get it on the road.

terrible one

Okay,

I prepped the floors with Zerorust and installed the body plugs that I got in the mail from Bill  :2thumbs:. The floors have a bit of rot but I'm going to let them ride for now of course. For anyone about to bust on me, at least I'm not butchering anything. I'm stopping it from progressing any further and will get to it when I can. Right now, I want to be able to enjoy the car some.

That being said, the carpet, seats, rear light harness and bulbs, etc. and everything else that goes in with it will go in permanently on Sunday!

Hopefully I'll get the u-joint/ yoke situation settled pretty soon and will be able to have the driveshaft hung before I put the engine in, because once the engine is in it's going STRAIGHT to the exhaust shop real quicklike!

Here's the worst part of the floor and the car as it sits today:

Steve P.

You're getting there buddy. Rome was not built in a day and I would rather play in a mopar than Rome anyway.....  :D
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

skip68

:2thumbs:   I like the white Dodge logo on the side.    :2thumbs:   Drive it and have some fun with it while you keep working on it.   :cheers: :2thumbs:

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?