News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

pics in post

Started by eddytheb, February 07, 2008, 11:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddytheb

How many pics in a post is ok I know on some sites there are limits i dont want to ware out my welcome. I want to post a bunch of shots of the 68 I just got because I am not sure what I want to do with it yet and think some imput is needed. I own a collision, street rod and restoration shop that has just decided to stop doing restorations and street rods for awhile, the collision side can support the place wile I have some me time. I have a bunch of cars of my own and I am not sure what I should do first for me. The charger is probably the most valuable one and is pretty sexy looking. With that being said I can do everything my self and in house but just cant decide if I should do it all out or sell it I have been offered some good money for it as it sits.

70 Charger RT

You can post 4 pics in one post up to 200kB each.  If you want to post more pics, post another message.(or two, or three...)
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

eddytheb

So would 10 pics be ok if there small 

Hemidog

4 pictures per post, just post multiple times!

Dont make them too small though, we like details!  :scope:

terrible one

Use an external hosting site and you can make them as big as you want and put as many as you want.

I use http://imageshack.us

eddytheb

Looks like I got more pics than I thought, looking for a site to host them any ideas thanks again

Troy

Try PhotoBucket - it's simple, resizes pictures automatically, and gives you the codes to add the pictures to your posts.

Quote from: terrible one on February 07, 2008, 12:39:40 PM
Use an external hosting site and you can make them as big as you want and put as many as you want.
I have to disagree a bit here: lots of big pictures in a single thread make it take a really long time to load - especially for anyone still on dial up. Try to be aware of the sizes. Each thread can hold 30 posts per page so even with 4 pictures per post that comes out to 120 pictures and at 200 kb each it ends up being 24 MB(!) per page. You can imagine what happens when someone puts 20-30 pictures of 400-600 kb in each post.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

eddytheb

I am thinking starting the post and using a link to the photos on some hosting site that way I can load it up,  just looking for one thats easy for me I am not a big computer guy. Hell spelling is hard enough some times.