News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Build Sheet

Started by Sixt8Chrgr, February 07, 2008, 06:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixt8Chrgr

I have looked for my build sheet under the back seat with no luck. Could the build sheet be under the seat that your back rests against? The carpet was replaced before i got the car. So maybe it was under there, but I would think that somebody would keep that. Any other places to look? The headliner is original.

Thanks

68 Charger

The70RT

Maybe in the front seat back? Also behind the glove box. Mine was behind the back seat back. I never found one under the carpet.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

farmerjon

we have found 2 tucked in the coils under the seats  you would have to turn them upside down to see it  one front seat  one back seat.  we also found a build sheet that did not go with thecar  will post vin when I get time to look it up  wouldn't it be strange if it went to one of the cars from here

Sixt8Chrgr

Quote from: The70RT on February 07, 2008, 07:03:22 AM
Maybe in the front seat back? Also behind the glove box. Mine was behind the back seat back. I never found one under the carpet.

I am afraid it may have been behind the glove box door because there is some paper still glued to the door. There is some type of metal tag hanging from the under the drivers seat bottom? I will check behind the drivers seat. Thanks.

The car where you found the build sheet behind the drivers seat was a 70?

RAC95054

Quote from: Sixt8Chrgr on February 08, 2008, 06:43:30 AM

I am afraid it may have been behind the glove box door because there is some paper still glued to the door. There is some type of metal tag hanging from the under the drivers seat bottom? I will check behind the drivers seat. Thanks.

When attached to the glovebox, they were taped to the back side of the cardbord glove box liner insert.  You'd have to reach up under the dash to feel for it, or remove the glove box liner.  The metal tag under the front seat is on all cars I have seen, but not sure what it's for (maybe just a part number tag).  That isn't related to a buildsheet.  If your car was an L.A.-built car (that is, something like BS23U0Exxxxxx, the "E" is for L.A.), more often than not, no buildsheet was ever put in them.
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

charger2fast4u

i found mine under my rear seat in my 68 charger just wish it was in better condition. the metal tag under the front seat i'm going to have to see if i have one is it on the drivers or passenger side?

john108

I found mine behind the rear seat, facing the trunk (1968 Charger R/t)

Sixt8Chrgr

Quote from: charger2fast4u on February 21, 2008, 07:27:11 PM
i found mine under my rear seat in my 68 charger just wish it was in better condition. the metal tag under the front seat i'm going to have to see if i have one is it on the drivers or passenger side?

Drivers side.

Sixt8Chrgr

Quote from: RAC95054 on February 20, 2008, 07:12:40 PM

When attached to the glovebox, they were taped to the back side of the cardbord glove box liner insert.  You'd have to reach up under the dash to feel for it, or remove the glove box liner.  The metal tag under the front seat is on all cars I have seen, but not sure what it's for (maybe just a part number tag).  That isn't related to a buildsheet.  If your car was an L.A.-built car (that is, something like BS23U0Exxxxxx, the "E" is for L.A.), more often than not, no buildsheet was ever put in them.

Thanks for the info. I will check my vin and see if my car is a LA built car.

69bronzeT5

I checked my carpet, my headliner, underneath my seats, behind the glovebox...and nothing. Good idea on checking the front seat backs...I'll try that
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Sixt8Chrgr

Quote from: RAC95054 on February 20, 2008, 07:12:40 PM

No E in my VIN so hopefully it is still in the car somewhere.

Sixt8Chrgr

Quote from: john108 on February 22, 2008, 01:34:46 AM
I found mine behind the rear seat, facing the trunk (1968 Charger R/t)

I too have a 68 but not an R/T. What is your VIN, wondering that if your car is close to mine then maybe mine is behind the back seat too.

resq302

IF you find a build sheet, consider yourself VERY lucky as these scrap pieces of paper were never meant to be kept with the car.  To the line workers, they were garbage and were supposed to be thrown away.  It was a lot easier for them to stuff them in a "hidden" place than to walk the 5 steps to throw them into the garbage can.  My car is missing its build sheet.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Sixt8Chrgr

Quote from: resq302 on February 24, 2008, 10:54:37 PM
IF you find a build sheet, consider yourself VERY lucky as these scrap pieces of paper were never meant to be kept with the car.  To the line workers, they were garbage and were supposed to be thrown away.  It was a lot easier for them to stuff them in a "hidden" place than to walk the 5 steps to throw them into the garbage can.  My car is missing its build sheet.
Oh, I did not know that. I felt like it was common place for the sheet to be with the car. I will not feel so bad then if I dont find it. I have the original window sticker, owners manual and certi-card with my car so I should be happy with that.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Sixt8Chrgr on February 25, 2008, 06:48:08 AM
. I have the original window sticker, owners manual and certi-card with my car so I should be happy with that.

You should be for sure! :2thumbs: I dont even have those :rotz:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic