News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are these original?

Started by TripleBlackGator, March 03, 2008, 11:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TripleBlackGator

All four pulled from a late 1969 built 1970 model. It was hard getting a good picture of the numbers but it reads 12V GE 4001 SAE H69 3.9. It also reads General Electric on the lower front glass.  :shruggy:
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

resq302

There were two companies that supplied the headlights for the second gen chargers.  The first was Westinghouse and the other was GE (general electric).  I'd say you have an original one.  Another easy way to tell is the thickness of the spacing between the bars in the pattern of the headlight.  Newer DOT guidelines require them to be a lot closer together something like 1/8" than the origininals that were 1/4" or there abouts.  Roger Gibson did an article a couple years ago in Muscle Car Enthusiast on this same topic.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto