News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Did the cabin survive the perfect storm?

Started by MorePwr, February 16, 2008, 07:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

Charger_Fan

I do believe you should have built the door higher off the ground. :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Holee crap!  34 FEET of fallen snow?  How does anything get done up there?
This year here in NYC we had a record low of about 10 INCHES total for the season
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

So just how much snow did you have to dig out just to get into the cabin?

skip68

WOW!  :o Is that your snow cat?  :2thumbs: :shruggy: Very beautiful scenery! :yesnod: Hope you guys have tons of fun up there! :yesnod:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

bull

I went up White Pass a few weeks ago on the way to Rainier. Man there's a lot of snow up there. Those A-frame cabins are right at home in that stuff, no problem. :2thumbs:

bull

Quote from: MorePwr on February 19, 2008, 07:29:18 AM
Bull...three weeks ago? jeez, there must have been allot. my neighbors at the cabin made it in weekend before last and guestimated 20' feet of snow was on the ground. my rope, no trespassing sign (in the pic above) was buried. it's about 15' feet off the ground. did you get any pics? feel free to post em.  :popcrn:

Yea, we arrived at a friend's house in Eatonville on the Friday before Superbowl Sunday and left right after opening kickoff. We spent about two hours at and around the Rainier visitors center on Saturday but the whole trip took about six hours. At the little ski shop at the base of the mountain (before you enter the national park) a stat board said the snow pack was at about 14 1/2 feet. I don't know where or at what elevation they typically measure it but I assume it's around the 5,000-foot mark close to where the visitors center is.

bull

Here's a few pics I took at Northwest Trek (www.NWTrek.org):

bull

Quote from: MorePwr on February 20, 2008, 12:00:09 AM
Wow Bull, looks like one heck of a weekend. the ladies sure seem to be enjoying it. Lot of snow up there. I really need to get down there to Northwest Trek and check it out, that's one place I keep forgeting about. thanks for the pics.

Well, the locals never get to see their own cool stuff. It's always the outsiders who tell them how good they have it. :icon_smile_cool: