News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this any of our members 69 Charger? (pic)

Started by 69chargerboy, February 05, 2008, 04:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerboy

I found this picture from the Muscle Car Restorations website. The Charger looks badddd A$$.  Is this anyones car? I have a few questions.  :drool5:

http://www.musclecarrestorations.com/index.html
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

tipopiola

Looks like they've got a few nice Mopars rolling around their shop!

Shakey

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Rolling_Thunder

I've talked to the guys at MCR about this car on occasion...    what are your questions ?  maybe I could help ? 
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

tipopiola

I see their cars at a lot of the local shows here in the Twin Cities.  I'm pretty sure they're from Wisconsin.  Their cars always have amazing paint.

472 R/T SE

Looks like a sweet car.  I don't know what I like more, the wheels or the paint.  Was burgundy offered in '69?  I thought '68 was the last year?
I love that color and almost horse traded my blue car for cash & a '68 RR in that color.

Rolling_Thunder

Reminds me of Ross's Charger from way back when....      :yesnod:

1969chargerrtse

That is one big guy.  He actually makes the Charger look small.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

TiMopar

TruckDriver

Quote from: tipopiola on February 05, 2008, 08:16:39 PM
I'm pretty sure they're from Wisconsin.

They're from Chippewa Falls. I remember seeing a segment on "My Classic Car" a few years ago on the white max wedge car they restored. I have had the link to their web site for a while now.

Here is another place I've been by several times in Port Washinton http://www.alohadreamcars.com/ They have a boat storage building that has more Mopars in it then you can count when you stand at on corner of the building, waiting for a restoration. The one day I was there with a co-worker, all you could see was all Cuda's & Challengers with a few Chargers scattered around. I've done a lot of asphalt paving in the industrial park they are in. And I live only a hour away.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

MichaelB_69RT

As was mentioned, MCR, is just outside Chippewa Falls, Wi.  This Bad A$$ Charger is mine; and I'm not a member till tonight. One of gents at MCR forwarded me this site / link asking if I was a member. I haven't had time to check this site out; I'll try and get to that over the next week or so. MCR does do great work, I can say that first hand.

I'll pipe in with:
- color:  is stock PPG, Red Tapestry Pearl
- wheels:  are American Racing CL205s (torq thrust D) 18x11 rear & 17x8 frnt
  (I have a new pair of 17x11 I'm gonna post / sell, any interest?)
- I'm not sooo big.... rear leafs are ~ 1.75" lower than SS leafs, front AlterKtion ride height is not set yet
And
that sweater makes me look like I have my winter bear fat going on  .. :laugh:   oohh, maybe I do.

look forward to trying to plug in when I can
Michael B
Michael B

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: MichaelB_69RT on February 20, 2008, 10:12:43 PM
As was mentioned, MCR, is just outside Chippewa Falls, Wi.  This Bad A$$ Charger is mine; and I'm not a member till tonight. One of gents at MCR forwarded me this site / link asking if I was a member. I haven't had time to check this site out; I'll try and get to that over the next week or so. MCR does do great work, I can say that first hand.

I'll pipe in with:
- I'm not sooo big.... rear leafs are ~ 1.75" lower than SS leafs, front AlterKtion ride height is not set yet
And
that sweater makes me look like I have my winter bear fat going on  .. :laugh:   oohh, maybe I do.

Michael B

Welcome!!  and nice Charger!  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

joflaig

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on February 08, 2008, 07:06:27 AM
Quote from: tipopiola on February 05, 2008, 08:16:39 PM
I'm pretty sure they're from Wisconsin.

They're from Chippewa Falls. I remember seeing a segment on "My Classic Car" a few years ago on the white max wedge car they restored. I have had the link to their web site for a while now.

Here is another place I've been by several times in Port Washinton http://www.alohadreamcars.com/ They have a boat storage building that has more Mopars in it then you can count when you stand at on corner of the building, waiting for a restoration. The one day I was there with a co-worker, all you could see was all Cuda's & Challengers with a few Chargers scattered around. I've done a lot of asphalt paving in the industrial park they are in. And I live only a hour away.

Regarding Aloha (and other WI shops), there is an interesting thread on moparts:

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4206174&an=0&page=2#Post4206174

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

dads_69

Welcome to the site. I've never seen a charger that color before. I like it. Keep us posted/updates about your charger.  :2thumbs:

Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

MichaelB_69RT

Thanks for the cudo's and welcome. Looking forrward to asking questions, helping as I can, and having fun once this bad ride is done. Goal is to be at this years Mopar Nats.

here's a link for anyone with some spare time.
http://www.musclecarrestorations.com/gallery2/v/Chrysler/Current/Dodge-Charger-69-002/?g2_page=22

thanx    :cheers:
Michael B

dodgecharger-fan

You look very familiar. Even the name is the same as who I think you are.

Let's see if I can ask the right questions to figure this out..

Still get to Vegas each year in Jan Feb timeframe? (I didn't see you there this year. Did last year though..)
Still doing wireless stuff?
Still "Love my job. Love my job. Love my job."  :rofl:

Dave.

Glad you found us!

sick dawg

I looked at all your pictures.  Nice car MichaelB_69RT, can't wait to see it when it's done. :2thumbs:

69chargerboy

I'll pipe in with:
And

Michael B

Hi Michael, Welcome to the site! Looking forward to more pictures of your finished 69!  :2thumbs:  ;D  :drool5: :icon_smile_cool:  :cheers:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 

Hemidog

Just 6T9 CHGR

Welcome to the site Michael :cheers:

Please take the time to register the car if you haven't already.

Chris
www.1969chargerregistry.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

runninhorn

I'll pipe in with:
And

Michael B

I love the stance. What size tires are on the front/rear? What did it take to get those wheels/tires to fit snug like that? mini-tub?

Dan T

Great to have you on here Mike!!
Your car is sweet! I've been contemplating getting MCR to do my car when I'm ready to do it in a few years. Your car was one of the first ones I noticed on their website. I also spoke with Fred at the Nats regarding an estimate, and was really impressed with the cars that they had on display there. Apparantly they are also great to deal with.
Do you have any adice or feedback regarding getting a car done at a high end shop like that??

1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 08, 2008, 05:50:55 AM
That is one big guy.  He actually makes the Charger look small.

not that big...    My car has new XHD springs on it and the top edge of my door comes not even up to me belt line...       I would guess he is 6'2 or 6'3 maybe ?  I'm only 6'1   :shruggy:

NYCMille

Hey Michael -

That is really beautiful Charger you have - the color, the wheels and stripe really make a wonderful combination.  :2thumbs:

Enjoy it.

Mike

MichaelB_69RT

Quote from: runninhorn on February 21, 2008, 07:04:07 PM

I'll pipe in with:
And

Michael B

I love the stance. What size tires are on the front/rear? What did it take to get those wheels/tires to fit snug like that? mini-tub?

Thanks on the stance comment; it took  2 pairs of leaf springs and some figuring to get to....Finally had Eaton Detroit Springs whip up some custom springs.

The Dana is stock length, BUT you are correct sir, the car has 3" mini-tubs which was practical to do since I have to have a whole trunk welded in during the metal work phase.  Tire sizes are:  front 245/ 45R x17 and rear 305/ 45Rx18 Nitto.  This rear tire combination gives just about 29" diameter.

hope that answers it.
michael b
Michael B

runninhorn

how hard was it to do the mini-tub?

what exactly did eaton springs do? de-arch 2"?

Troy

Quote from: runninhorn on February 22, 2008, 08:05:39 PM

You're gonna cut a numbers matching car up to install mini tubs? A stock Charger will hold 295/50-15s back there so how much wider do you need?

Eaton can custom make any spring you want.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

Quote from: Troy on February 22, 2008, 09:30:41 PM

You're gonna cut a numbers matching car up to install mini tubs? A stock Charger will hold 295/50-15s back there so how much wider do you need?

Troy

According to Ron and R2 you can fit bigger tires than 295 under the back with no modifications.

Troy

Quote from: bull on February 23, 2008, 12:31:48 AM
Quote from: Troy on February 22, 2008, 09:30:41 PM

Troy

According to Ron and R2 you can fit bigger tires than 295 under the back with no modifications.
If you know basic math... ;) Any normal schmuck like me can get 275s under there without even breaking out a calculator.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

MichaelB_69RT

The restoration place, MCR, did the mini-tubs. Since the trunk was out needing to be replaced, it was not that labor intensive to do 3" mini-tubs.

As Troy mentions you can P275 and I would judge 295's with certain wheel back spacing.  The Eaton Springs were made effectively like the stock B/RB spring but (I guess de-arched is appropriate) arched to lower the ride height by approx 1.75"  Since I wanted to go with at least 295 and actually P315 rubber I chose to go the mini-tub route and custom wheel off set to help prevent the wheel-tire combo rubbing on the inner rear wheel housing.  I did not have the inner fenders rolled.

What I was thinking given the motor's production (stroked 440 --> 496ci) 625 ft lb torq @ 4800, 599 hp @ 5900  (ala Muscle Motors, Mike Ware)
- lots of rubber for grip and visual appeal
- use of stock like B/RB springs so the ride is not as jarring as SS springs  (had those and used these for several rears prior)
- use of Cal-Trac bars to help keep the Rear planted vs SS springs.

hopefully we'll see early summer how right  :icon_smile_cool: or how off  :shruggy:  my thinking was.

Michael B
Michael B

yeahitsgotahemi!

Wow, great looking Charger, and impressive fab work, that company really does a great job.
I have a couple questions for you though. Where did that really nice custom gas tank come from?
Also, regarding the rollcage, the  door bars have those really cool custom machined double shear joints that weld in, where did those come from, or did they make those too? I also went the minitub route, for the same reasons, my trunk was gone, and it really wasn't that much more effort. I did notice they modified the outboard inner well, I assume there are no problems with the quarter glass rolling down, but was this a concern?

M.S.
"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

69chargerboy

Michael B,  I noticed on the power brake booster there is a gap between the back of the booster and the firewall, is there a reason for that? The reason I ask is that I just bought the same power brake booster and wondering if I would have to do the same? Thanks, John
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 

MichaelB_69RT

Quote from: yeahitsgotahemi! on February 24, 2008, 10:11:34 PM
Wow, great looking Charger, and impressive fab work, that company really does a great job.
I have a couple questions for you though. Where did that really nice custom gas tank come from?
Also, regarding the rollcage, the  door bars have those really cool custom machined double shear joints that weld in, where did those come from, or did they make those too? I also went the minitub route, for the same reasons, my trunk was gone, and it really wasn't that much more effort. I did notice they modified the outboard inner well, I assume there are no problems with the quarter glass rolling down, but was this a concern?

M.S.

The custom gas tank came from  RockValley in IL.  http://www.rockvalleyantiqueautoparts.com/catalog.htm
I was planning on using the stock tank with a sump welded onto it; bottom line is that was not going to work out. So RV makes tanks with what ever AN or NPT ports you want on them. Plus the tank is internally baffled to ensure no fuel delivery issues on a low tank of gas.

MCR obtained the sheer pin joints from somewhere and welded them together. The whole cage is custom made, these guys are artists. And there was no issue with the quater windoow glass to my knowledge.

Michael B
Michael B

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69chargerboy on February 26, 2008, 12:29:12 PM
Michael B,  I noticed on the power brake booster there is a gap between the back of the booster and the firewall, is there a reason for that? The reason I ask is that I just bought the same power brake booster and wondering if I would have to do the same? Thanks, John

That looks like the Master Power aftermarket setup that uses a special bracket to adapt it to a Chrysler firewall bolt pattern.  I think its a GM unit....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69chargerboy

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on February 27, 2008, 05:40:33 PM

That looks like the Master Power aftermarket setup that uses a special bracket to adapt it to a Chrysler firewall bolt pattern.  I think its a GM unit....

Thanks Chris! I don't like how that looks on the firewall. I'm going to buy a Hydroboost setup instead.
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 

MichaelB_69RT

Sorry its taken me some time John,
the short answer is it did require an adapter plate something I didn't know about till after the fact. And, originally I was going with a manual rack so I had ruled our Hydraboost. Since I wanted power brakes I did like MAster Power's smalller diameter booster. If I had it to do all over again, I think I would gravitate to HB.
As I had to also hide an electric vacuum pump.
Michael B