News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

engine compartment wiring

Started by rare69, February 10, 2008, 12:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rare69

could someone help me out here(CHRIS). I'm trying to get my new wiring harness's put together with the old stuff and figure out where everything is supposed to go. and could really use a couple pictures of the wiring in the engine compartment. cant seem to figure out where the hood turn signals plug in either, i have the new hood turn signals and every new harness you can buy from year one, and see no way to plug them in, might be missing a peice. :shruggy:

rare69

C'mon guy's step out in the garage and snap a couple detail shots of the engine bay wiring for me. I'd do it for you. :icon_smile_big:

Shakey

I don't have the hood signals wired - what else can I help with.

What excatly are you in need of.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Maybe these help some?   obviously my car has some modifications (electronic ign, voltage reg etc)

The (light gray in pic )turn signal 2 prong plug is part of the main lamp (to the front headlights etc) harness coming out of the bulkhead connector....its not part of the engine harness
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

rare69

Those are perfect, thanks Chris. I'm not real concerned with being 100% stock, with putting that big speedomotive motor in there and the tti headers, but would like it to look correct and clean. and your car is probably the nicest example of that anywhere. just one more question, that little black plug on the firewall right behind the brake booster, that has a short wire with grey connector, what does that plug into. and if you have a good idea as to where i could mount that ugly msd box i would love to hear it.

rare69

Thank's for the offer shakey, but you have helped me in almost every part of my restoration already. I have more pictures of your car than my own. but if your engine compartment is wired i would love to have a reference picture of it.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: rare69 on February 12, 2008, 01:05:14 PM
Those are perfect, thanks Chris. I'm not real concerned with being 100% stock, with putting that big speedomotive motor in there and the tti headers, but would like it to look correct and clean. and your car is probably the nicest example of that anywhere. just one more question, that little black plug on the firewall right behind the brake booster, that has a short wire with grey connector, what does that plug into. and if you have a good idea as to where i could mount that ugly msd box i would love to hear it.

Thanks for the kind words....she does photograph well but far from perfect....remember this car gets DRIVEN!

Any hoo, the small black plug is for the tic-toc-tach harness which goes to the (-) neg side of the coil.

I have heard of some mounting the MSD either under the battery tray (tight fit with the vacuum can there) or behind/in the glovebox in the car (which makes for neat wiring)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on February 12, 2008, 05:37:36 PM
Quote from: rare69 on February 12, 2008, 01:05:14 PM

Thanks for the kind words....she does photograph well but far from perfect....remember this car gets DRIVEN!

Any hoo, the small black plug is for the tic-toc-tach harness which goes to the (-) neg side of the coil.

I have heard of some mounting the MSD either under the battery tray (tight fit with the vacuum can there) or behind/in the glovebox in the car (which makes for neat wiring)

I mounted my MSD box in the console. :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

rare69

Thank's again Chris, I just took the new harness labeled tach harness out of the package and wala! there is that little grey connector with the firewall plug. and for that ugly msd box, where would a guy run the wires threw the firewall if he put it in the glove box.

Just 6T9 CHGR

More than likely you'd have to drill a hole in the firewall somewhere....down low to hide the wires if you really wanted the stealth look
Chris' '69 Charger R/T