News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is there a seperate wire harness/console/'68 Charger

Started by Moparrulzzz, March 15, 2008, 05:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparrulzzz

I have installed a '68 dash (ralleye) in my '68 Coronet. I have also intalled a auto console. I have a new main under dash harness on the way from year one. Its on backorder. I am trying to figure out if there is a harness from the main harness to the console harness. I do  have a very nice console harness and would like to know how to connect the two. I know I could rig it up but would like to do it correctly.
I have looked at the schematics and it doesn't really show a harness.
Can anyone advise me on this or a pic!!?? I would really appreciate some help and info on this.... :cheers:
Thnx Chuck

Winged 1

:o
Mr. 8 wheeler can probley really help you out but I know on a 69 the consul lights connect in the post behind your e brake.
When you get ahold of Dan he no doubt has pix. They run from the consul under the seat and in the channel at the bottom of the door. There will also be all the wires from the trunk running in there also.
Best of luck.
Later,
Eric

chargerbr549

I put a console in my 69 Charger and like Eric said the wires connect into the door and dimmer switch harness by the emergency brake and I don't remember if it was another seperate harness or was still part of the harness off of the console but more wires run along your main harness under the dash and connect into the fuse box on one of the spare spades sticking out of the back.

Kevin

Back N Black

There is three seperate Harness and as far as i know they are not reproduced.

JimShine

Yeah, there are 3 harnesses. You have one that runs from the fuse block to the drivers side kick panel, then one from the kick panel, under the carpet, to the console. Then the final one has the plug end with all the lights on it. None are included with the wire harness kit as it is considered an accessory.

Moparrulzzz

Thnx for the info guys. These will probally be a royal pain in the ass to find.
The search is on!!!!
Chuck

histoy

I was lucky enough to find one listed on eBay.    You might put a listing for one on the parts wanted section of this site. 

JimShine

And be sure you buy 1968 because things in that harness changed in 1969.